What's new

US to provide military support to Nancy Pelosi's trip to Taiwan: Gen. Milley

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
SYDNEY: In what is becoming a complex dance of expectations and threats, the US military’s top uniformed leader said the US would provide “military support” to Nancy Pelosi should she decide to visit Taiwan.

“We will do what is necessary to ensure a safe, safe conduct of their visit. And I’ll just leave it at that,” Gen. Mark Milley told a small group of reporters this morning at the end of the 24th Indo-Pacific Chiefs of Defense (CHODs) Conference held here for the last two days. “So what that results in we’ll have to wait and see.”

Several hours later, the South China Morning Post, based in Hong Kong, reportedfrom Beijing that the USS Ronald Reagan carrier strike group had left Singapore earlier today and was steaming on a course that would take her in the direction of the Taiwan Strait. Since carrier movements, especially to an area as sensitive as the Taiwan Strait at a time like this, are always a key indicator of US power projection, it’s reasonable to assume that Milley knew of the Reagan’s course when he answered the question about Pelosi.

I look forward to the show brought by Nancy. I guess she first thought the visit would divert American public's attention to her husband insider tradings into the semiconductor companies. She was right -- that succeeded, because Americans are stupid. But she's an American too. So she's on the verge of starting a provokative, uncalled-for, naive geopolitical blunder. That's to put this lightly.

I look forward to the show brought by Nancy. I guess she first thought the visit would divert American public's attention to her husband insider tradings into the semiconductor companies. She was right -- that succeeded, because Americans are stupid. But she's an American too. So she's on the verge of starting a provokative, uncalled-for, naive geopolitical blunder. That's to put this lightly.
They all know China will not back down. If world war 3 started, it is US fault. :enjoy:

They all know China will not back down. If world war 3 started, it is US fault. :enjoy:
I don't think her visit will start WWIII but it will sure bring instability to Taiwan, opportunities for Mainland to exert sovereign control over Taiwan's airspace, and humiliations to DPP, Chai, and the US.

I don't think her visit will start WWIII but it will sure bring instability to Taiwan, opportunities for Mainland to exert sovereign control over Taiwan's airspace, and humiliations to DPP, Chai, and the US.

One note about this: It's a good time to sell or short Taiwan Semiconductor stock (TSM) and other semiconductors with exposure to Taiwan manufacturing. This is going to start a wave if not a tsunami sweeping across Taiwanese tourism, semiconductor, and electronics industries.

The military can't afford to show weakness, it's still up to Nancy to make the final decision

Can’t wait to see whether or not such a top US official has faith in her own military. :-)

She was the woman Trump refused to shake hands with. I guess Trump knew what kind she really is. Going to Taiwan is surely a provocative step, one that could lead to a response from China which could eventually lead to a conflict between the two powers.
Somebody needs to control this women's urge to orgasm seeing two powers collide.

Ignore her. The biggest mistake China made is, too cared about US Taiwan policy. Which gave US a free bargaining chip and hurt China's interest too much. It's out of inertia of China's being weak mindset. Would China care if Gambian president visits Taiwan? Let's make things easy. China doesn't need any country's approval to own Taiwan island. Any country should cut the diplomatic relationship with China mainland once its political leader makes an official visit to Taiwan.

Interesting development but I somehow think this Nancy visit will be cancelled

Last edited:
If she gets there, China would need to shoot down her plane. Its the best way to not show weakness.
it's well within China's rights to shoot down an illegal aircraft over its airspace.

Besides, the world will be on China's side this time, the murder of Gen. Soleimani kinda makes every US official a 'fair game'...

it's well within China's rights to shoot down an illegal aircraft over its airspace.

Besides, the world will be on China's side this time, the murder of Gen. Soleimani kinda makes every US official a 'fair game'...
There is no need to convince anyone here. You need to convince the PLA leadership. Keep in mind that the US military is a 'paper tiger' and never won any war. As soon as Pelosi's plane is shot down, the US will withdraw from China. That is what my Pentagon source said. :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom