What's new

West Indies team bus stoned in Dhaka

Pak123

Reaction score
The bus carrying the West Indies players has been stoned on its way back to the team hotel after they thrashed Bangladesh by nine wickets in Mirpur. There were no injuries, the team management confirmed to ESPNcricinfo, but the players were not amused.

Chris Gayle tweeted moments after the incident, "This is some b******* ... Bangladesh stoning our bus!!! Freaking glass break!!! This is c***, can't believe..what next bullets!!!! Kiss teeth".

The team's media manager, Philip Spooner, confirmed that two windows cracked, but none shattered, and hence no stone made its way inside. "We left the ground, and on our way back to the hotel, a couple of stones did hit our window," Spooner said. "Two windows were cracked, but not shattered. We are now back at the hotel, both teams are back at the hotel and are safe."

A Bangladesh police official said the fans had mistaken the West Indies bus for the Bangladesh bus. "The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it," Imtiaz Ahmed, deputy commissioner of police in Dhaka, told AFP. "The window panes were shattered, but no one was injured."

Bangladesh v West Indies: West Indies team bus stoned in Dhaka | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

A Bangladesh police official said the fans had mistaken the West Indies bus for the Bangladesh bus. "The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it," Imtiaz Ahmed, deputy commissioner of police in Dhaka, told AFP. "The window panes were shattered, but no one was injured."

Does the local Police ' allow" the BD cricket team be stoned by locals ?

Even if it was a case of mistaken identity, what protection did the team have ? Besides stones there have been instances of teams getting shot at.

I Agree with you, It may happen, Cricket is passion in this subcontinent.... I will say that the supporter should have not done this ... Its tarnish the image of country....

The Bangla brothers have waited for World cup to be over......

sad incident should not have happened people should know that by such activities they are going to spoil there own countries name

"The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it,"

Lol, Bangladeshis fans see themselves himself black people? how come mistake? :lol:

Anyway, it is similar to Pakistan and India emotional burst out.

We are still living in the medieval age when it comes to South East Asia. Why any protest has to be followed by stones. Why a team needs to be stoned if they lose a match. The same is in India as well.

"The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it,"

Lol, Bangladeshis fans see themselves himself black people? how come mistake? :lol:

Was is damn necessary to bring skin color in this topic?

If the unnecessary hype wasnt created that Bangladesh is a very strong contender for the world cup then this wont have had happened.

wtf...Chris Gayle tweeting while hiding beneath the passenger seat, these celebrities wont leave tweeter even if they are attacked, next time we will hear a paraglider tweeting while jumping from the sky that his parachute is jammed!! :lol:

Not a good gesture from Bangladeshi fans...Poor West Indians, their party spoiled.

I do not understand this. How is it even possible to be all out with 58 runs? Anyone got any good explanation? I just don't get it.

I do not understand this. How is it even possible to be all out with 58 runs? Anyone got any good explanation? I just don't get it.
Rash batting very very rash batting + good bowling=screw up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom