What's new

What Exactly is a Kalakov?

A little googling has revealed there's a variant that comes with a grenade launcher... nudge nudge :)

AK-74 can be fitted with a grenade launcher yes, just like an AK-47 can. Remember Kalakov doesn't always equal Krinkov !

kalakov is ak 74, which is little more accurate shot, reliable and definatly more pricey from original russian ak47. now in pakistan and i mean in NWFP, chineese or russian made will cost around 90,000.00 rupees, which is around US $1075.00. chineese can also be avialable in grease bund (new) which might be little more expensive but you have to also keep in mind these prople prefer used which means it is already tested. now russian ak74 can range between 150,000.00-180,000.00 rupees ie, US $2000.00 and thats is for used price. the russian ak47 or ak74 are not available new. most of them are post afghan russia war. these are collectable as it comes to US, but because of their fully auto nature it is not legal to keep it unless one is law enforcement officer. In pakistan, one can get chineese ak47 licence but not for russian and that goes for all russian weapons. now what people do is they show them as chineese and get licence but actually they are russian.
kalakov is mostly avialable in straight *****, not the folding ones and second they cost almost twice so most people prefer ak47 and also that ak47 ammo is cheap. if one want to get the dara made( home made) then it can cost between 20,000-35000 ruppees, but because of the inferior steel if used in auto mode it heats up very quickly and some reports says it goes to semi auto mode by it self. some even said that it will stop firing. Most of the people in other region of pakistan carry pakistani made or chineese made. in NWFP people prefer russian.
one more thing both rifles shares almost 50% parts i.e, firing pin, spring and screws

sorry forget to add that aks 74 was made for airborne infantry and that is the folding one.

exactly, the AK-74U round is the deadliest one, than AK47 type rifles, and in widely in use. if this is the original one, then you have to keep it becuase the original weapons are very rare, and AK-74U is one of my favourite rifles.

actually the 5.45x39 packs less punch and has less knock down power than the 7.62x39 round. The reason why the smaller round is rumored to be more deadly is simply because of the terrible wounds it inflicts and thus the complexity of treating it. I think this is why it is rumored to be more deadly since it would have been very difficult to treat this kind of wound in the battle field, especially if you don't have any medic with extensive training. The round itself is constructed to be highly unstable, with a built in pocket of air, thus when it hits the target it desintigrates into alot of small fragments that rips your flesh to pieces and causes massive internal damage.

Last edited:
According to my knowledge Kalakov is the Pakistani maded copy of AK 47 with little modification introduced in 1985 - 1990 in Illegal Guns markets of Pakistan. Initially the gun was created as Semi Auto but now a days the gunsmiths have done some new changes and converted it to Full Auto. The pakistani maded kalakov could be purchased in Dara for Rs. 10,000/- only. The Pak Made Kalakov have no warranty or gurantee so that It could fire a single round or can fire at least 50000 rounds. This weapon is no value, so try to avoid to buy it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom