What's new

Which Book are you reading

@Nihonjin1051 My friend, I have been reading Kazuo Ishiguro.

Do you have other excellent Japanese Authors whose works have been translated to English my friend? :)

@Nihonjin1051 My friend, I have been reading Kazuo Ishiguro.

Do you have other excellent Japanese Authors whose works have been translated to English my friend? :)

I recommend the following for you, buddy!

1) 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
2) Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata
3) Rashomon and the Seventeen Other stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa

I recommend the following for you, buddy!

1) 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
2) Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata
3) Rashomon and the Seventeen Other stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa

Haruki Murakami!

he was featured in the Guardian. Interesting author. Hear good thing about wind up bird chronicle

Me;

8e90c9a6bc5c65fbc93d57d006f4ac27.jpg

bd19bf34800be3e6bf9105f2934e8fc6.jpg

dab16c1d72444bd395adcd525aa72571.jpg

Reading
Buddha Mind Buddha Body
Living with Himalayan Master by Swami Rama....

Any Indian who can help me to find spiritual books on Hinduism n Buddhism?

Reading
Buddha Mind Buddha Body
Living with Himalayan Master by Swami Rama....

Any Indian who can help me to find spiritual books on Hinduism n Buddhism?

Just read Maj-Gen A.O Mitha's Unlikely Beginnings !

It makes for a very depressing read especially when it talks about the rampant inefficiency and ineptitude that led to the failures in '71; plus if what is talked therein is true......Maj-Gen Mitha keh saaath ziyadiii key hum neiii....denying him pension(for a long time), harassing him, prematurely retiring him etc. :(

What do you think guys ? @Icarus @Xeric @Horus @fatman17

Just read Maj-Gen A.O Mitha's Unlikely Beginnings !

It makes for a very depressing read especially when it talks about the rampant inefficiency and ineptitude that led to the failures in '71; plus if what is talked therein is true......Maj-Gen Mitha keh saaath ziyadiii key hum neiii....denying him pension(for a long time), harassing him, prematurely retiring him etc. :(

What do you think guys ? @Icarus @Xeric @Horus @fatman17

its probably true....he was upright, professional and a patriot.

i'm reading 'wounded tiger' by peter oborne. wonderful history of cricket in pakistan, its politics, its influence on the lives of the pakistani people.

its probably true....he was upright, professional and a patriot.

i'm reading 'wounded tiger' by peter oborne. wonderful history of cricket in pakistan, its politics, its influence on the lives of the pakistani people.

Ironically enough whereas Ayub and Yayha are talked about in a very disparaging manners (in terms of their competence as professional soldiers); he seemed to consider both of them anything but incompetent fools. In fact Ayub bailed out his SSG Project loads of times and gave him a lot of freedom to do what he wanted to do during its formation while others within the military were not so keen on seeing a special services unit forming. And even Yahya, according to him, wasn't as inept as a soldier as many make him out to be.

Though he blames them both for Operation Gibralter and '71 defeat because the buck stopped with them.

But it was very surprising to read about how Yayha was getting completely falsified information coming from East Pakistan; he even mentioned an incident whereby Niazi (or someone else) ordered attacking the Enemy and afterwards tall figures of Enemy Casualties and the success of the mission was talked about but because he had stayed behind to observe it as it was being conducted by one of his older units he found out that there was No Enemy and No Casualties to speak off....it was all nonsense for PR purposes before the Chief !

Then he is very unforgiving on Gul Hassan !

And the talk of the atrocities committed by the Mukhti Bahini and other such Bengalis outfits well before the start of Operation Searchlight made my stomach turn !

Finished half girl friend in a day.

Not good enough I'd you compare with other earlier novels

Picked up the 5th in series " THE BLOOD OF GODS : BY CONN IGGULDEN at 6:30 yesterday evening---went to bed 2 in the only because had a job interview the next day----.

The speech that Mark Antony ( William Shakespeare )gives in front of the public after Ceasar's death and before his body being cremated is mesmerizing---.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom