What's new

Why are Pakistani TV channels not popular in Bangladesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 550928 My post is not related to dramas or tv etc but just out of interest I just compared Pak and Bangladeshi’s area and Im shocked that its alot smaller in size but population difference is only 40 mill.

I think Bangladeshi tv will be more popular in their country and Indian culture is more closer to them, India also have a big Bangali population.

No.. No. Our culture is unique. Our culture is closer to them but only to Indian Bangla culture. Even then our culture is Islamic version of Indian Bangali culture.

He's bluntly lying. The bengli following for Pakistani music and serials is large. The proof is in the views and comments on any Pakisran entertainment channels. He brought up this topic because a few weeks back one member pointed this out and people of his sort had no answer to the Pakistani's question.
He's been hold this for thr past few weeks and it kept boiling inside of him, until he couldn't handle the rage, thus the creation of this page. Human nature is very predictable, it's kinda cute.

@OsmanAli98 @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan
I believe it was one of you that brought the facts up.

Who says? Translation only kills some humor, the rest of the emotions or atleast the emotions that the shows are targeting, relatively stay unchanged.

Pakistani shows are not popular at all here in Bangladesh. Come here and see by yourself. There is no demand also.

YouTube comments. LOL. Bangladeshis rarely watch Urdu shows on YouTube even if at all. I doubt even 1% Bangladeshis watch Pakistani Urdu dramas.

No.. No. Our culture is unique. Our culture is closer to them but only to Indian Bangla culture. Even then our culture is Islamic version of Indian Bangali culture.

Pakistani shows are not popular at all here in Bangladesh. Come here and see by yourself. There is no demand also.

YouTube comments. LOL. Bangladeshis rarely watch Urdu shows on YouTube even if at all. I doubt even 1% Bangladeshis watch Pakistani Urdu dramas.
That's cute, and I decline your generous offer. No hard feelings but I would rather go to hell :-)

Does your country have a moonshine problem?

Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which are even getting popular in North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.

Lack of knowledge on how their culture and our culture have similarity.

Lack of exposure and awareness despite good quality.

By they way, some one said classic music is not for everyone.

My friend we have different cultures, language etc so why would Pakistani tv would be popular there? The OP is Bengali too (going by dp) so who is discussing this anyway? We dont have much similar with other countries, Bengali culture might be unique as you said but they are very much influenced by India.

It was by chance that we were part of same country before, it was just a matter of time before we had to separate due to differences in our identities and cultures. I assure you nobody in Pakistani want to expand its influence upon other countries or become super power, so its irrelevant to us who watches our tv dramas lol

I really don’t understand the point in this thread. Opened by Bengali poster wanting to know why Pakistani tvs are not popular in their country, bro what do we know?

Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which are even getting popular in North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.

The same reason why Pakistanis are not interested in Iraqi, Jordanian, Lebanese, Maltese etc dramas or entertainment.

First thing will be the language barrier second is poor marketing/promotion, someone need to promote it in Bangladesh.
Also the culture difference, Pakistani dramas may show Muslim household culture (which I don't think so is the case) still Bangladeshi culture is way different than Pakistani culture.

I think it is due to language problem.
Otherwise everybody likes our dramas.

Upon reading this again, I think I need to open a thread as to why Brazilian, Italian and German dramas are not popular in Pakistan.

Hindi channels are very popular after Indian Bangla channels. Urdu to be closer to Hindi is not extremely difficult for Bangladeshis to at least understand conversation but still no interest at all.

Moreover Pakistani dramas show Muslim family culture but Indian Bangla channels show all characters are Hindus seem popular.

It is due to strong Bengali language that has an imapct on your society

Otherwise few of Pakistan dramas are good and worth watching

Most Bangladeshis nowadays understand Urdu, I remember reading an article about how they have absorbed Urdu (albeit the unsophisticated version) through Bollywood after fighting it tooth and nail when part of Pakistan.

Frankly, we don’t care if it is popular in BD.

But secretly we know you guys follow our news, politics, battles, and media. Call it an obsession.

Many Indians/BDis know more about Pakistani politics and have opinions about it than many Pakistanis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom