What's new

Why Indian SSN/SSBNs are Superior to Chinese ones?

Waht can I say?
Chinese engineers and scientists 40 plus hard working is not a patch on Indian big mouth.

I am not GSLV...I am GSLV Mk3:rofl:
GSLV Mk. III - India's heavy-lift Space launch vehicle [NDTV Report] - YouTube

As always damned Indian communists are here to lick the boots of their Chinese masters

On Topic-How can we say Indian SSN/SSBNs are Superior to Chinese ones?

We doesnt even have much of specs of Arihant or K-4/K-5....

The GSLV Mk-III will be propelled in the boost stage by the ISRO S200 its
Asia's largest solid-rocket booster tested so far,,its No.#3 in the world ranking.

ISRO tests world's 3rd largest
solid rocket booster

This thread is a retarded one.

Chinese are decade ahead of us as of know .

Their nuke subs are more matured than us but not as superior as considered to western or russian ones.

So to have successfull nuke sub program , we have to match the western subs in technology which sure will take decades.

But if we are going to make chinese subs as a benchmark , we are not going to reach anywhere.

Chinese SSNs are more crippled than their J-10.. since J-10 was lucky to get a foreign (russian) engine.

Americans would have worked really hard to find the noise levels of chinese subs, since they barely leave the port.. or atleast stay very close to the coast. So, measurements would mean hovering really close to the coast (off course, which is entirely within USN's capabilities).

INS Arihant's noise levels are not known from external sources, but they could be in the region of Russian subs, which is entirely plausible.

This thread is a retarded one.

Chinese are decade ahead of us as of know .

Their nuke subs are more matured than us but not as superior as considered to western or russian ones.

So to have successfull nuke sub program , we have to match the western subs in technology which sure will take decades.

But if we are going to make chinese subs as a benchmark , we are not going to reach anywhere.

I guess India's first SSBN Arihant is less noisy than China's best SSBN to date
becoz we emulated Russian tech into Arihant Plus we also have Akula-II which is
one of the least-noisy subs in the whole world.

We can pose a credible threat for the projected chinese Liaoning CBG with Akula-II,
I hope we get a 2nd one too.

OP Please! Arihant is not even seaworthy and will probably take another half decade before it is anywhere near operational preparedness!

Ariahnt is based on Akula Class SSN so much so that many in international defense circle thought that India is focussing on SSN rather than SSBN. It's noise levels are in the range of Akula class.

And arihant has already completed her sea trials.. the reason active patrols of arihant is not mentioned is because the first one was always supposed to be a TD and used for training.. Ofcourse we are building the follow ons now !!

Ariahnt is based on Akula Class SSN so much so that many in international defense circle thought that India is focussing on SSN rather than SSBN. It's noise levels are in the range of Akula class.

And arihant has already completed her sea trials.. the reason active patrols of arihant is not mentioned is because the first one was always supposed to be a TD and used for training.. Ofcourse we are building the follow ons now !!

Pls correct me if wrong, but i think Arihant is based on Charlie II class, the very sub that Russia gave us on lease for 3 years (original INS Chakra).

I don't think Arihant is superior to Chinese SSBNs

its our first SSBN while latest Chinese SSBNs are complex, mature platforms and can launch JL 2 SLBM with 7,400 KM range

^^^ the russian help was mainly in minaturizing the HEU mobile nuclear reactor.

India earlier focussed on a plutonium based mobile nuclear reactor... since India has had more experience with plutonium, than HEU.

Though, finally, India had to settle for HEU based mobile nuclear reactor... that is the prime reason for setting up the Uranium enrichment plant at Rattehali.

The mobile nuclear reactor is only the second HEU based plant in India, apart from the Tarapur nuclear reactors.

That said, there is very little between Charlie, Akula and the Arihant.

---

Another issue, I read somewhere, with china's mobile nuclear plants is high radiation leakage, which is hazardous for their crew.

I don't think Arihant is superior to Chinese SSBNs

its our first SSBN while latest Chinese SSBNs are complex, mature platforms and can launch JL 2 SLBM with 7,400 KM range

Nothing about JL-2 is confirmed.... it's all speculation. Search for the sources from which the quoted things are being repeated.

This was an extremely secret project to begin with. India started everything late from missiles to subs. China was launching ICBMs in late 1960s while India wanted to be welfare state thanks to Nehru. Fortunately 1962 and Chinese nuclear explosion was loud enough to wake up lazy *** Indians up. The gap was already huge in 1960s.

Now I don't know how China did it in 1980s, maybe China was lucky to have some western trained submarine designers or maybe designs were obtained from somewhere. India on the other hand sent 80+ engineers all over the world to study submarine designs while Charlie class was explored and used to train our people. Those people came back and designed our submarine. Now India is wide and clear about its ssbn/ssn plans.

5 Nuclear subs are reported to be under cons right now in India. 3 being Arihanth and 2 being bigger in size or speculated to be the follow on class whose cons was approved in 2008.

give link for bolded part

This was an extremely secret project to begin with. India started everything late from missiles to subs. China was launching ICBMs in late 1960s while India wanted to be welfare state thanks to Nehru. Fortunately 1962 and Chinese nuclear explosion was loud enough to wake up lazy *** Indians up. The gap was already huge in 1960s.

Now I don't know how China did it in 1980s, maybe China was lucky to have some western trained submarine designers or maybe designs were obtained from somewhere. India on the other hand sent 80+ engineers all over the world to study submarine designs while Charlie class was explored and used to train our people. Those people came back and designed our submarine. Now India is wide and clear about its ssbn/ssn plans.

5 Nuclear subs are reported to be under cons right now in India. 3 being Arihanth and 2 being bigger in size or speculated to be the follow on class whose cons was approved in 2008.

give link for bolded part

There are 4 (not 3) Arihants in construction (1 completed, 2nd one fitting out, and 3rd
and 4th ones undergoing hull fabrication by L&T) And there are 3 (with option for 3 more)
Avinash-class SSBNs in early stages of works right now. Total 7 SSBNs.

Its likely that after the 3 (or 6) Avinash-class subs are ready, IN may consider converting
all Arihants to SSGNs carrying 1,200-km ranged sub-launched version of Nirbhay or
LRCM cruise missiles.

The leasing of a 2nd Akula-II SSN (with option for buying at end of lease term, just like
the first one) is being seriously considered by IN top brass.

i do think same

BTW what is Avinash class?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom