What's new

Why majority of countries love Bangladesh?

At least internationally, Bangladesh is seen as a country often ravaged by nature but it is also seen as a peaceful Muslim country unaffected by the Saudification of Islam that has swept Pakistan, Arabia etc. Also, you don't hear of Bangladeshis strapping on bombs on themselves to commit acts of terror. I don't think it holds much strategic value - I guess if they gave their ports to enemies of India, that could be of value.

Hi! I've a question. Why are we so loved? China loves us, Russia loves us, Japan loves us, Turkey loves us etc etc....Are we that pretty...may be thats why they fall in love with us.....anyway I put this thread under this forum so that we can discuss strategic importance of bangladesh......:chilli:

Your citizens do not have good image.... I have learnt this from gulf employees

If India behaved better towards BD, then most people would not even care about India.

Are you being funny or did this just come out wrong?

Aside from the above:

I have found Bangladeshis to be generally better Muslims than Pakistanis. Some of my best friends were Bangladeshis. When Bangladeshis at my university needed to register Bangladesh Student Association, Almost half the signatures on the petition were from Pakistani students. That was the level of friendship among us.

Heck, even Sikhs would contact Paksitan Student Association when they needed a favor to use University facilities for cultural events. ISA never did anything for them either.

Hi! I've a question. Why are we so loved? China loves us, Russia loves us, Japan loves us, Turkey loves us etc etc....Are we that pretty...may be thats why they fall in love with us.....anyway I put this thread under this forum so that we can discuss strategic importance of bangladesh......:chilli:

I don't know where you get your info from. Bangladesh is generally irrelevant in terms of Geo-politics.

Part of what the Indian trolls say all day long is true.

I don't know where you get your info from. Bangladesh is generally irrelevant in terms of Geo-politics.

Finally a sane Bangladeshi. Yey!

Its refreshing to meet you Sir. Though I have to say that on PDF you are like an endangered specie among your brethren.

Finally a sane Bangladeshi. Yey!

Its refreshing to meet you Sir. Though I have to say that on PDF you are like an endangered specie among your brethren.

Thank you for your seal of approval.

I do think your brethren get carried away most of the time in the name of Nationalism !!

Depends on which context and scenario Bangladesh is considered under. In the context of Africa, LA or even East Asian affairs, Bangladesh may not provide geo political value given current state of affairs. But if one consider SA, ASEAN and even ME, Bangladesh was and is game. It may be the fact our political leadership did not reflect Bangladesh importance properly and persistently but Bangladesh physical location, population, demographic make up and potential beg to differ with your understanding. One quick reference, back in 80's when Ziaur Rahman was the President, he was the go to person for many of ME affairs. Leaders across ME respected him and Bangladesh for its role. And in recent days dynamics around SA-SE-A silk road, Asia pivot and control over indian ocean pushed Bangladesh back to geo political scene, at least in greater Asian context. Also, lets not forget on north China is only 100 or so km away, on south Bangladesh is only possible gateway to South East Asian region through physical and viable means. In growing rivalry and contention among bigger states and superpower already highlighting importance of Bangladesh location and potentials for geo political game. If we can play it properly that is another question all together.

It is a joke/hooke I made, nothing serious. I guess it did not serve its purpose. Main purpose is the strategic interest in the region for bangladesh and other countries.

Depends on which context and scenario Bangladesh is considered under. In the context of Africa, LA or even East Asian affairs, Bangladesh may not provide geo political value given current state of affairs. But if one consider SA, ASEAN and even ME, Bangladesh was and is game. It may be the fact our political leadership did not reflect Bangladesh importance properly and persistently but Bangladesh physical location, population, demographic make up and potential beg to differ with your understanding. One quick reference, back in 80's when Ziaur Rahman was the President, he was the go to person for many of ME affairs. Leaders across ME respected him and Bangladesh for its role. And in recent days dynamics around SA-SE-A silk road, Asia pivot and control over indian ocean pushed Bangladesh back to geo political scene, at least in greater Asian context. Also, lets not forget on north China is only 100 or so km away, on south Bangladesh is only possible gateway to South East Asian region through physical and viable means. In growing rivalry and contention among bigger states and superpower already highlighting importance of Bangladesh location and potentials for geo political game. If we can play it properly that is another question all together.

Very thoughtful response.

I generally agree with your post.

I very much agree that context is extremely important to what we are in agreement with.

Because we rarely hear about it in the news, which makes its very mysterious (in a good way)

No offense, Majority of the countries have not even heard of Bangladesh. :D

Thank you for your seal of approval.

I do think your brethren get carried away most of the time in the name of Nationalism !!

Well I do agree on that to an extent. But we do live in an era of Nationalism don't we. And same for your brethren. The think is that most of them also loose sense of reality.

I hope soon we will move into era of Globalism where we can treat each other as humans first.

Back
Top Bottom