What's new

Why Pak Army dont procure Boeing CH-47 Chinook ?

Damn Expensive.... we paid 3 billions for 15 of these Helis with 22 apache...

Mi-26 is indeed costlier and Fking Expensive to maintain... the availability rate will give the Pakistanis a heartache
seriously thats $200 million a piece looks more costly than F35.

USA in general has avoided giving Pakistan any strategic asset

a) Any weapon which may give Pakistan an advantage in general is not given specially in Transport segment

Pakistan normally gets 1 Genertion delayed Tech from USA or some cases 1.5~2.0 Generational Gap

b) US does offer us conventional ammo from WW2 time period, stuff like gravity bomb or glider bombs

c) There are also some hinderence with respect to Navy Ships , and that is quite clear observation

80's AWACs were denined to Pakistan
80's/90's Chinooks or similar platform was denied for Pakistan , old 70's Bell was available
00's F16 Embargoed for Pakistan's internal matter of research
10's Refusal of OHP ships we requested 4 ships got 1

1. With China we do get Better Technology and newer machines
  2. China/Europe better option for better quality weapon

Nothing above Bell is available

even Europeans have denied you critical items
france backed out of avionics deal for JF-17

I may add Russia to the list

Seeing that there are - like F-16s and other hardware - surplus Chinooks available in the US and available for relatively cheap, I'm guessing: (a) the US won't approve it or (b) Pakistan doesn't want it. I'd wager on (a).
Very expensive to maintain plus fuel consumption is much higher as compared to MI-35 which fulfilled our operation needs. We don't need bid transport helos since we can use C-130 instead but having said that it would be a great addition if we could buy 12 of these beats on low prices.

i am not going into technicalities or other stuff. just look at this Beast..

avch47_2_04.jpg

ffd74d6db33b06da9c2846b2e8977568--sexy-soldiers.jpg

20713446889_b2d33f6246_b.jpg

20110319adf8239682_110.jpg

two-ch-47f-chinook-helicopters-take-off-boeing-ch-47-chinooks-american-fb7a5x.jpg

I am no expert here, but i think its a very handful machine for Pak army.
as we know that now its unlikely we can get it from US, do we have chinese copy of it ?
are you willing to pay for it ?

are you willing to pay for it ?
Pakistan can buy any number of Chinook if UK and rest stop harboring Pakistani politicians black money. Pak can buy more then 20 Chinook if UK sell all Nawaz Shareef estate in London and return money to Pakistan ... Also Zardari own estate and palace, Swiss retunr 60 million kick back sitting in Zardari account and list goes on and on and on ...

Last edited:
Chinooks were item back in 80's now they are just a platform
So many countries now offer alternatives

i am not going into technicalities or other stuff. just look at this Beast..

avch47_2_04.jpg

ffd74d6db33b06da9c2846b2e8977568--sexy-soldiers.jpg

20713446889_b2d33f6246_b.jpg

20110319adf8239682_110.jpg

two-ch-47f-chinook-helicopters-take-off-boeing-ch-47-chinooks-american-fb7a5x.jpg

I am no expert here, but i think its a very handful machine for Pak army.
as we know that now its unlikely we can get it from US, do we have chinese copy of it ?
Pay you electric bill and your taxes, I'll buy you a couple of squadrons of F22 as well

053110osprey9cr.jpg

Probably the same reason why Pakistan does not procure The Osprey Half-airplane, half-helicopter....!!!!LOL

Shah gave us to fight against Balochistan insurgency 70S.He was great friend and well wisher of Pakistan RIP.
He was no friend of Pakistan!
He had deployed these heli under the pretext of doing a survey for oil n gas as at the time we lacked the resources to do so our self. An officer of PA was deployed with each hele to act as a liaison officer about which the Iranians were not too pleased...
Later it turned out that the the survey was not to find oil n gas but the Iranians were drawing up plans to invade Baluchustan.....the iranian revolution saved us from a confrontation with iran

Back
Top Bottom