What's new

Why so many Kiran trainers have crashed

Should the IAF disband and hand over its duties to PAF

• Total voters
It’s the same story with the mighty-21, 29 , su-30 even mirages. No other air force crashes this many planes. Is it because the cadets India gets for training are very low quality who are then indoctrinated in the Russian/ Soviet philosophy of flying? See the best of India Tries to go into business or work for larger business, those who are the worst in their fields join the military.

This is probably because of the economics, in a very Competitve country.

What do you think?

k

this is why they are not flying Rafael, only keeping them locked inside lemon warehouse

An aspect like this gives a clear picture when an analysis is carried out w.r.t rate and not absolute numbers.Considering various airforces having different mix of aircraft , roles of their employment, terrain, weather etc and combined with the rate of utilisation can correctly bring out any meaningful analysis.

Hence, rate of accidents per 1000 hrs or per 10000 hrs is a more meaningful number compared to absolute numbers. A larger airforce is likely to have larger number of accidents/incidents. It would also depend on the employment philosophy and the associated training.

Hence, creating a thread to berate India is good for the purpose it was created - TROLLING and pat on own back.

If the number of crashes mentioned are true, then it means the aircraft's handling/aerodynamics are substandard/not suitable for novice hands.
Not aware of fatalities in those crashes, IAF should go for some better aircraft in that category.

Well handling/aerodynamics could be to blame - but majority of "unscheduled landings" happen because a faulty subsystem failed, i.e. undercarriage, left/right flaps/rudder and worst of all, engine failures. Not surprising considering the general level of competence (rather, lack of it) where these jet trainers are made.

You should see the pictures of the bright bunch of disheveled substandard schmucks that puts these things together. They look like they came out of a jute mill or sanitation workforce. No standards in hiring competent employees at HAL. See below.

So - again, for the umpteenth time, we point the blame back to Kanjoosi (being cheap) in India !!

iu

An aspect like this gives a clear picture when an analysis is carried out w.r.t rate and not absolute numbers.Considering various airforces having different mix of aircraft , roles of their employment, terrain, weather etc and combined with the rate of utilisation can correctly bring out any meaningful analysis.

Hence, rate of accidents per 1000 hrs or per 10000 hrs is a more meaningful number compared to absolute numbers. A larger airforce is likely to have larger number of accidents/incidents. It would also depend on the employment philosophy and the associated training.

Hence, creating a thread to berate India is good for the purpose it was created - TROLLING and pat on own back.

Is it wrong to say that the standards at HAL just plain sucks?

Your own Airforce has been saying it for two/three decades now.

Last edited:
By the way @Khan vilatey bhai, the Kiran was a copy (or license built version) of the original British BAC Jet Provost, a mid fifties Jet trainer. Yes, that old a design.

This was the Jet Provost T1 version. Circa 1954.
1024px-Hunting_Jet_Provost_T.1_XD674_Farnborough_10.09.54_edited-2.jpg

And this is a later version of the Kiran from the seventies. "As old as the hills", as they say. They should have retired these things and made handis with them long, long ago, but kanjoosi prevails....
Indian-Navy-HAL-Kiran-Web-0510.jpg

Off-topic post:
I used to go to a coffee shop in bangalore (that is in upscale area), and these trainee IAF pilots used to come over there, and each of them would have most beautiful girl with them. Mind you - these are some of the most beautiful girls that one can ever see [even deepika padukone would be a dampener before those girls].....

I always used to think where do these pilots find these beautiful girls from, and how do they make them come to coffee shop with them (mean - how do they manage make the girls fall for them).....:-)

Guys - take this in lighter vein. I am not expecting others to prove that Pakistani pilots go out with more beautiful girls....:-)

Maybe the girls were constrained by the choice in front of them. I drive a Skoda because I do not have access to an Aston Martin, If I could I would rather drive an Aston. Hopefully that puts it in perspective. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom