What's new

Woman 'Shocked' Over Headscarf Firing

That doesn't really answer my question though. How is that any different from her working at a store that sells pork? You could say she respect other peoples decision to eat different kinds of meat. OK fine, you can respect someones personal belief without partaking in their actions. All I am saying is that it seems contradictory, like an Amish person going to work at General Electric. Why would you work somewhere that goes angainst everything you believe in? It doesn't make any sense to me.

lets say all that should be left on her to decide....
she may not be handling pork...
we do this in britain when applying for supermarket job...we mention.it at the time of job interview that we wont work in the meet and wine section..if the employer is ok with that which most of the time they are...we get the job...if not../try elsewhre.

Pretty surprised they hired her in the first place.

If they didn't like the way she dressed then why hire her?

Local guy hired her...district guy fired her.

lets say all that should be left on her to decide....
she may not be handling pork...
we do this in britain when applying for supermarket job...we mention.it at the time of job interview that we wont work in the meet and wine section..if the employer is ok with that which most of the time they are...we get the job...if not../try elsewhre.

Still, there is a big difference between working at a supermarket and working at a clothing store that goes directly against your personal beliefs.

That doesn't really answer my question though. How is that any different from her working at a store that sells pork? You could say she respect other peoples decision to eat different kinds of meat. OK fine, you can respect someones personal belief without partaking in their actions. All I am saying is that it seems contradictory, like an Amish person going to work at General Electric. Why would you work somewhere that goes angainst everything you believe in? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Possibly because your not a 19year old girl?
She applied at Hollister Co. because friends worked at the store.

“They told me they were hiring, and it seemed like a fun place to work,” Khan said.

Besides hollister Co does sell more than micro shorts and bikinis, there are jeans and a hollister hoodie and she would be covered head to toe but still in company clothes.

Local guy hired her...district guy fired her.
A&F is run by a bunch of moral degenerates. They are now marketing pushup bras for seven year old girls, enticing pedophiles everywhere. The idiot who hired her did so out of misguided sense of 'diversity'. The muslimah should have never been hired in the first place given the nature of the company, which is about selling mediocre fashion through soft **** advertising. That said, am willing to bet she knew what she was doing, which is to get hired and fired because the company's culture and methods for sales are too well known. Hooters and Victoria's Secrets are too obvious. A&F is more likely to be suckered and they got played.

A&F is run by a bunch of moral degenerates. They are now marketing pushup bras for seven year old girls, enticing pedophiles everywhere. The idiot who hired her did so out of misguided sense of 'diversity'. The muslimah should have never been hired in the first place given the nature of the company, which is about selling mediocre fashion through soft **** advertising. That said, am willing to bet she knew what she was doing, which is to get hired and fired because the company's culture and methods for sales are too well known. Hooters and Victoria's Secrets are too obvious. A&F is more likely to be suckered and they got played.

God almighty.....
push up bras for 7 year old?
Now i am mot surprised if they fired a woman wearing head scarf..
They got no morals anyway.

God almighty.....
push up bras for 7 year old?
Now i am mot surprised if they fired a woman wearing head scarf..
They got no morals anyway.
You mean you have never heard of the controversy...??? And A&F's indifference to criticisms...???

Abercrombie & Fitch Padded Bikini Top For 7-Year-Olds Causes Parents Outrage - ABC News
Would you buy your pre-teen daughter a push-up bikini top? One major retailer hopes you will.

Abercrombie & Fitch, a popular store among teenagers, recently introduced the "push-up triangle," marketing the swim top to girls as young as 7 or 8.

It's hardly the first time the racy company has strayed into controversial territory. A few years ago, Abercrombie offered thongs for the 10-year-old set with the words "wink, wink" stitched on the front. The company's advertisements have also raised concerns over the years for being too revealing.
I fully support adults' rights to dress anyway they want. My favorite restaurant is Hooters. But A&F broke the moral line for me. I have never bought their overpriced crap anyway but I urged parents I know not to patronize the company anymore.

The muslimah should have never been hired in the first place given the nature of the company, which is about selling mediocre fashion through soft **** advertising. That said, am willing to bet she knew what she was doing, which is to get hired and fired because the company's culture and methods for sales are too well known. Hooters and Victoria's Secrets are too obvious. A&F is more likely to be suckered and they got played.

Thats what I was thinking.

If you ever step into a A & F store than you know that most of their clothing and their stores are pretty "sexualized".

Which is why its so surprising she was hired in the first place

The problem is with the decision of the district Manger

He has to show why the Girl , does not fits for the job religious bias is racism and end of story does not means the whole company is at fault but yes the firing is illegal

Back
Top Bottom