What's new

World's cheapest car- Nano car bursts into flames !!!

^^ you stole my words

my recommendation, jaal se jiada to ajej nai maal

Dude this is serious, This car is for people who cannot afford. I will never go for it instead spend some more and buy alto.

lmao look @ those tires, so tiny
which is smaller, a smart car or this?

Tata's 'sorry' just won't do, says Nano owner

9de63f0c7033b52629bf38673bea0e4f.jpg

Mulund resident Satish Purushottam Sawant is still shaken by the March 21 incident, in which he and his family narrowly escaped death in their brand new Tata Nano. If there's anything that rankles the Sawants even more, it's the absence of an apology from Tata Motors.

"But for a formal 'we regret the inconvenience', in its letter to us, Tata Motors has not apologised to us verbally or in writing. They [Tata], have insulted us," Sawant said. Tata Motors has offered to compensate the Sawants with a replacement or a refund of the entire amount paid for the burnt car, but the Sawants are not pleased.

"My five-year-old son is so traumatised that he is afraid to get into any car. Can Tata compensate me for this?

They were quick to tow away the charred car and take it into their custody. Why are they still silent about the cause of the fire? I am told that experts from Tata are studying the exact cause," Sawant said.

"Deepankar Tiwari, regional manager (west) of Passenger Car Business Unit, Tata Motors trivialised the incident by telling me about how he had fallen off a bicycle when he was a kid and then later rode it, overcoming his fear! Then, Tata Motors' official, Amit Joshi, told me that it was a pre-production car, which Concorde Motors was not supposed to sell to any customer," said an agitated Sawant.

According to the vehicle's Acknowledgement Delivery Note, the year of manufacture has been shown as 2009, but Tata's spokesperson, Deba-shish Ray, had said that the car was actually manufactured in 2008.

"It must also be probed how and why Tata and Concorde gave delivery of a defective car. I want the entire incident to be investigated and criminal action taken against officials of Tata Motors and Concorde," Sawant said.

New Nano car bursts into flames!!!
:tdown:

World's cheapest car Nano

Then there was smoke. And then there was fire.

Minutes after the software engineer's wife and five-year-old son clambered out of the back seat, smoke from the engine, located in the Nano's rear, erupted into flames that engulfed the tiny car.

His ordeal showed just the latest problem with the low-cost Nano - raising fresh questions about safety and quality as top Indian carmaker Tata Motors sets its sights on global expansion and aims to ramp up production of the Nano with a new factory next month.

"My wife now doesn't want to buy any car," Sawant said by phone from his home in northern Mumbai on Thursday. "She doesn't even want to go for a Mercedes."

New Nano car bursts into flames, raising safety concerns - Sympatico.ca Autos

:rofl:when u go for something cheap it always happens something like this:bunny:
Txs to the great god the family is safe

People should use Metro train and bicycle and help the environment.

Too many cars is bad idea for pollution

TATA is just making these death traps and pollution enhancers nothing more:tdown:

TATA is just making these death traps and pollution enhancers nothing more:tdown:

So is that Why Pakistan does not manufacture cars? wow, how sweet of you guys, btw , TATA is not the only car manufaturer in the world.... And its not the first car to catch fire.

Bhai, quality to bohat achi thi, just like rest of MIA products, but ISI was up to no good and purposely flamed the quality product.

Last edited:

Oil companies are set to roll out higher grade (Euro-IV) auto fuel in 13 cities from next month,” Mr Deora said while launching environment friendly Bharat Stage-IV (BS-IV or Euro-IV) auto fuel in Delhi on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom