What's new

Your age, profession, and marital status?

Haha bro i will be 28 by the time i am done with my education (PHD)

I wish you all the best in your a academic career :thinktank:

Is a PhD worth it ? Or any degree worth it ?
If money is the measure of success.... some of the richest people in the world (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs) dont have a degree to show... In fact many PhDs are working for them.

Please don't get discouraged by my comments (you will find leg pullers like me throughout your career and I myself would pursue a PhD if an opportunity arises)... Just giving you food for thought.... Cheers

and please post your driver ID , and your home address and telephone number ....

not

borat1_wideweb__470x3070.png

Am 24, Engineer, Working as a mine planner, done with PhD, handed in the examiners copy of my thesis today:yahoo:

I wish you all the best in your a academic career :thinktank:

Is a PhD worth it ? Or any degree worth it ?
If money is the measure of success.... some of the richest people in the world (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs) dont have a degree to show... In fact many PhDs are working for them.

Please don't get discouraged by my comments (you will find leg pullers like me throughout your career and I myself would pursue a PhD if an opportunity arises)... Just giving you food for thought.... Cheers
These are exceptional cases - Not every dropout is a billionaire.I already have an idea what to do after education.I plan on starting my own business but i require extensive knowledge for that.Google Owners are both PHD Holders ;). I don't plan on working for some company unless i am getting 6 figure salary :D.

43/male/married & flirting :lol:am an Engineering management in an MNC

65, retired physicist and patent agent, married with three children and three grand children

I think for men even 30 years is a normal age for marriage because unlike females we have to find job and have to stand before jumping into marriage well lol, but why you don't want to live abroad i mean people mostly living abroad either don't want to come to Pakistan and even people here want to go there , whats wrong with your life there? most of people complain that the life in european countries is quite boring and filled with sense sadness and quietness, whats up at your end?
I am an only child of my parents.They will never move out of Pakistan no matter how much i try to convince them therefore i have no other option but to live in Pakistan.I have to take care of my parents :).

Am 24, Engineer, Working as a mine planner, done with PhD, handed in the examiners copy of my thesis today:yahoo:

Most sincere congratulations on handing in your thesis. I remember I was so happy that day (for me back in 1971).

^^^

Women have to find a job and stand on their own feet too these days.

But not all, and the ones who do still they are not bound to support there family so they are kind of free , more like earning and spending on their make-up and jewelery you know lol

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I am an only child of my parents.They will never move out of Pakistan no matter how much i try to convince them therefore i have no other option but to live in Pakistan.I have to take care of my parents :).

So currently you are in Norway?

:lol: You are just 19! You will feel the need once you grow older.

Doubt it. IMHO, Phd is a nice title to have but I think when it comes to getting a job (at least in IT), I don't think it matters much. :confused:

Oh and I'm too lazy! :P

Back
Top Bottom