What's new

Your age, profession, and marital status?

22 years , Dental student ...............

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

65, retired physicist and patent agent, married with three children and three grand children
howdy grand paa..........

But not all, and the ones who do still they are not bound to support there family so they are kind of free , more like earning and spending on their make-up and jewelery you know lol

Maybe in the sub-continent mate. But the women here like to be independent. Don't get me wrong, they like to spend it on makeup too! :D

Unemployed...
Married with 3 wives.... look for a 4th

Kidding :cheers:

Am 24, Engineer, Working as a mine planner, done with PhD, handed in the examiners copy of my thesis today:yahoo:

How the heck you can do PHD in 24 years of age? Atleast in Pakistan if you have to do PHD after MBA you have to first complete M.PHIL and then you can go for PHD and if you want it bit early instead of MBA if you do MS you can directly go for PHD instead of first doing M.PHIL but still it takes sometime , not in 24??????????????

How the heck you can do PHD in 24 years of age? Atleast in Pakistan if you have to do PHD after MBA you have to first complete M.PHIL and then you can go for PHD and if you want it bit early instead of MBA if you do MS you can directly go for PHD instead of first doing M.PHIL but still it takes sometime , not in 24??????????????

If you are good enough .... you can apply for a Phd after BS in the west .... and complete it in 2 YEARS

Most sincere congratulations on handing in your thesis. I remember I was so happy that day (for me back in 1971).

Thanks a lot. Although I imagine, doing PhD back in the days would have been much more difficult?

We have all the computers and internet and online database of books, journals and research papers at our quick disposal now. No slugging out long hours in the library for us.

I still remember my dad sitting behind a fortress of books when he was writing his thesis.

Whats you age,profession and marital status

Its just to get to know eachother well, i m starting this thread . I hope members will report inn

Not married but in a relationship and working towards the M word lol Currently working in Tech procurement but basically a SAP SCM / procurement consultant, certified SCMP and PMP.

Maybe in the sub-continent mate. But the women here like to be independent. Don't get me wrong, they like to spend it on makeup too! :D

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know women there want to get some extra independence lol, you will surely come across some women who even after marriage don't allow there husbands to interfere in there matters, i have seen such cases, where a husband refrains his wife from doing something and in response the wife says , oh! its my life and i m free to do what i want .Such culture has made husband really helpless in those countries .Thanks GOD we don't have that trend in sub-continent though this trend is prevailing quickly in sub-continent but i sincerely hope that day doesn't arrive

And above all facebook has ruined it all , Husbands are at offices while wives are making boyfriends on facebooks and dating , it may sound funny but i have experienced such cases , GOD save us form such women

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know women there want to get some extra independence lol, you will surely come across some women who even after marriage don't allow there husbands to interfere in there matters [...]

No problem here. I like the feisty ones! :D

Doubt it. IMHO, Phd is a nice title to have but I think when it comes to getting a job (at least in IT), I don't think it matters much. :confused:

Oh and I'm too lazy! :P

PhD doesn't matter in IT until you have ambition to be in upper level management of a company that does IT, especially research.. Then, other things being equal, the person with the PhD will be chosen over you at some point in the "climb" to the top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom