What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

Lately, I am not seeing or reading any news on suicide bombings in Pakistan . Is it because of excellent crackdown by security and intelligence agencies or is there another reason behind it. Anyone has any ideas ??? Comments please !!
No not crackdown but secret talks with the militants is the reason Army is fed up of fighting war and they think threat from eastern border is increasing so they want shift their focus back on our old enemy

I think APC suggested give peace chance, later Pakistani taliban did declare ceasefire.

and that is done above usa approval, unlike going public previously, it happened silently...

There is no short, simple answer. I've spent talking about it for months. If you want to get a short overview, visit this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/106054-pakistani-forces-against-militants-17.html

If you want to see a concise post discussing it, read this post carefully:

it doesnt matter if you kill the head because suicide bombings carried out even after baitullah mehsud got killed.

as a matter of fact the bombings stopped only after pakistan america relations deteriorated

I think APC suggested give peace chance, later Pakistani taliban did declare ceasefire.

and that is done above usa approval, unlike going public previously, it happened silently...

There is no one faction Pakistani Taliban. The group has fractured badly, & split into more than 100 factions. Some wanted a ceasefire because they were in a position of weakness, & had their backs to the wall. There is a lot of fighting going on between different militant groups themselves. The ISI has successfully managed to penetrate these groups, & cause these faultlines within them.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

it doesnt matter if you kill the head because suicide bombings carried out even after baitullah mehsud got killed.

Did I ever imply that the death of Baitullah Mehsud is the reason why militant violence has dropped in Pakistan?

Isnt this a good thing or we Pakistanis are now worried about this as well. Don't we have other things to worry about, most importantly the future of Pakistan and where its being headed

Did I ever imply that the death of Baitullah Mehsud is the reason why militant violence has dropped in Pakistan?

It was in 2006/07 that ISI gave 6 digit coordinates to the US, for the first time, of Baitullah Mehsud's whereabouts with request for a strike. The strike never came, I guess this is the point where ISI realized American's double game. Mehsud was finally killed in a drone strike at coordinates provided by ISI......but this time CIA was provided the 'intel' through ISI assets who fooled CIA into believing that a high value CIA target was taking refuge there.

For those who are confused, TTP (Tehrik-e-Talibaan Pakistan) was an agency being funded, equipped and trained by a nexus of anti-Pakistan agencies which may well include RAW/CIA/MOSSAD with the backing of Afghan intelligence agency. Their sole purpose was to carry out suicide attacks against Pakistani interests such as military/non military agencies and possibly high casualty soft targets.

On the other hand, Talibaan such as those who follow Mullah Umer are fighting invading forces for freedom of Afghanistan and installation of an elected/selected Govt. unlike the puppet regime that has been posted there by the West. They have never attacked Pakistani interests. If anybody can consider these freedom fighters to be terrorists, well that's his/her conscience. But the US will be pleading for peace with the same 'terrorists' one day and they will be hailed as heroes of Afghanistan.

Cos of some serious crack down on TTP n CIA along with other elements involved ..!

Isnt this a good thing or we Pakistanis are now worried about this as well. Don't we have other things to worry about, most importantly the future of Pakistan and where its being headed

It is probably a good idea to explore the possibilities due to which the suicide bombings have reduced considerably. It can help us eliminate the threat for good.

Because Hussain Haqqani (the person who gave all those CIA agents visas to Pakistan) has resigned.

This is the reason why Blackwater/CIA agents have been cracked down in Pakistan, and there's no more suicide bombings in Pakistan.

However, you still have to be careful because there are still plenty of CIA agents roaming around in Pakistan. Americans are obsessed about nukes.

Where do I start with such great eloquent response to a question, which one needs to ponder.... Here is my two cent then....

Maybe Americans have proven that any threat can be taken care off, with or without the countries constent!!!!!!!!!

It may make the terrorist think twice, if there strategy is valid or invalid, What say guys!!!!!!!!

Blast in Karachi leaves 3 Rangers personnel dead
Published: December 9, 2011
KARACHI: A roadside blast struck a vehicle and left three Rangers personnel dead in Karachi on Friday, Express News reported.
The explosives were reportedly planted near the Safoora Chowrangi in the Gulistan-e-Jauhar area and exploded when the Rangers vehicle approached the spot.
Four Rangers personnel were also injured in the blast and were shifted to the hospital in an ambulance.
Earlier this week, two minor explosions occurred in separate incidents in Karachi on the 9th and 10th day of Muharram.
Security in the city had been beefed up by the Sindh government, and around 100,000 security personnel, 80,000 policemen and 20,000 Rangers men had been deployed.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Blast kills 3 Rangers in Karachi

12-9-2011_28201_l.jpg

KARACHI: Three Rangers personnel succumbed to injuries while four others got hurt in the blast that occurred in the Gulistan-e-Jauhar area of Karachi Friday, Geo News reported. Injured Rangers were shifted to CMH Malir for treatment.

According to sources, the bomb was planted near Safura Chaowrangi where Rangers vehicle was targeted. As a result of blast, three Rangers men were martyred while four others sustained injuries who were later shifted to CMH Malir for medical aid. The explosion also affected the Rangers’ van.

Rescue teams reached the incident spot and launched relief activities while security personnel cordoned off the area to launch investigation.

Lately, I am not seeing or reading any news on suicide bombings in Pakistan . Is it because of excellent crackdown by security and intelligence agencies or is there another reason behind it. Anyone has any ideas ??? Comments please !!

That is a really good question!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom