What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

Four paramilitary officials killed while three others injured in an IED explosion even today

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I think they have changed their strategy
now they are using IEDs

there is a sense in Pakistan that we are coming out of USA's war in Afghanistan.
We can make Pakistan safer than this by playing neutral role in Afghanistan i-e neither support USA & NATO nor any type of militants in Afghanistan.We should focus towards strengthening our border.starting installed bio metric system installed at our border with Afghanistan and using tribal connections to disarm Pakistani militants.

Blast in Karachi leaves 3 Rangers personnel dead

Published: December 9, 2011

KARACHI: A roadside blast struck a vehicle and left three Rangers personnel dead in Karachi on Friday, Express News reported.
The explosives were reportedly planted near the Safoora Chowrangi in the Gulistan-e-Jauhar area and exploded when the Rangers vehicle approached the spot.

Four Rangers personnel were also injured in the blast and were shifted to the hospital in an ambulance.

Earlier this week, two minor explosions occurred in separate incidents in Karachi on the 9th and 10th day of Muharram.

Security in the city had been beefed up by the Sindh government, and around 100,000 security personnel, 80,000 policemen and 20,000 Rangers men had been deployed.

12-9-2011_28201_l.jpg

KARACHI: Three Rangers personnel succumbed to injuries while four others got hurt in the blast that occurred in the Gulistan-e-Jauhar area of Karachi Friday, Geo News reported. Injured Rangers were shifted to CMH Malir for treatment.

According to sources, the bomb was planted near Safura Chaowrangi where Rangers vehicle was targeted. As a result of blast, three Rangers men were martyred while four others sustained injuries who were later shifted to CMH Malir for medical aid. The explosion also affected the Rangers’ van.

Rescue teams reached the incident spot and launched relief activities while security personnel cordoned off the area to launch investigation.

Blast in Karachi leaves 3 Rangers personnel dead – The Express Tribune

i was just going through the thread of how the blasts have stopped in pakistan. then i came across this. sad.

The indians who are mentally masturbating about the death of our people, are the worst form of sub-human. Shows some peoples mentality.

No. Leaving a few drone attacks most number of drone attacks were directed towards those elements of Taliban who were more active inside Afghanistan than Pakistan. A great number of drone attacks were carried out in Wazir tribes area who are more active in Afghanistan and aren't much supportive of TTP. TTP had more presence in Mahsud tribes area. Not to forget that drone attacks have created a lot of suicide bombers and terrorists too. So they were more damaging for Pakistan in my opinion than being productive.

I have a doubt of my own too here, Mr. Kayani was not interested in taking the WOT to N.Waziristan (or some other part near borders of Pakistan, correct me if i am wrong) would this have helped the efforts as you can get more hands at eliminating the TTP threat??

Also i think that dealing with terrorists (internal) is like a cat and mouse game. You got to set up for long haul and i think the Pakistan army slowly is gaining expertise in anti terror operations which is the result of not much bombings recently.

Already posted on another thread. Good to see your excitement with the news.

sir ..i only posted an article from Dawn.....if you think im excited by the above article it is all your prejudice'd minds illusion.

Militants kill five villagers in Khyber: Officials – The Express Tribune

PESHAWAR: Militants opened fire on villagers Tuesday, killing at least five civilians and wounding another six in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan, government officials said.

The attack took place in the Shalobar area of Khyber, part of the semi-autonomous tribal belt where the military is fighting homegrown militants led by warlord Mangal Bagh.
“Five villagers were killed and six were injured,” Sayed Ahmad Jan, a senior government official in Khyber, told AFP by telephone.
“Militants came in a pick-up and fired on the villagers who were standing on the side of the road,” Jan added.

Hangu district: Five dead in clash between security forces and militants – The Express Tribune

PESHAWAR:Three policemen, a pedestrian and one militant were killed in a clash, which ensued when two policemen were kidnapped by armed militants in Karbogha, in Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

Police forces then surrounded the militants and engaged in a shootout, which lasted for almost four hours. “There were eight militants. The kidnapped policemen managed to escape during the shootout but we lost three other policemen and one civilian was killed,” the DPO told The Express Tribune.

Security had been put on high alert in Hangu and the nearby areas in the month of Muharram.
However, militants still managed to fire more than a dozen rockets into the district injuring a woman and three police officials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom