What's new

After General Kayani?

illuminatidinesh

Reaction score
Country
India
To Pakistani friends we know that General Kayani is set to retire in November if am right. There is no information about his extension. The question is who is going to take up the post after him? Any idea?
Regards

He already got an extension as far i know. Or he will get it soon.

@ Karan ... I think you must've heard about the extension of DG ISI, COAS has not been extended.

KIT Over

He already got an extension as far i know. Or he will get it soon.

It appears to be. Because of the extension in the offices of some of the Lt. Gen. It appears Army due to extraordinary situation would like to continue the same C&C setup for a year or more.

If he's not extended (Mostly it is thought that Gen. Kyani might deny any extension) to me Lt. Gen. Nadeem Ahmad can be a strong candidate.

KIT Over

gen kayani has refused to process his extension. however dg isi and gen nadeem have processed their extension case as per my info.

gen kayani has refused to process his extension. however dg isi and gen nadeem have processed their extension case as per my info.

Yup... It seems to be so. But can't be sure. May be Gen. Kyani get an extension.

To me, if DG ISI etc. can get extension, than COAS deserves this also. You know the chain of command if not to be changed than COAS is imperative to have an extension.

KIT Over

The DG ISI already has got the extension already and mostly he ll accecpt it. However Gen Kayani seems to have refused i think( correct me). It is best for Pakistan for him to stay. He is silent player and tricky customer

The bigger question is the Govt of AAZ wants him to stay???? If no, they can make mess of his extension and give bad publicity to it and hence drag Army into mudslinging.

It appears to be. Because of the extension in the offices of some of the Lt. Gen. It appears Army due to extraordinary situation would like to continue the same C&C setup for a year or more.

If he's not extended (Mostly it is thought that Gen. Kyani might deny any extension) to me Lt. Gen. Nadeem Ahmad can be a strong candidate.

KIT Over

If Kayani declines the extension, in my view it will be a big loss to Pakistan.

The president Asif ali zardari has the power to appoint the new general.
so it may be of presidents choice

Back
Top Bottom