What's new

After General Kayani?

I am surprised by the indian members love of Gen Kiyani.
I am sure we have many more intelligent officers in the ranks who can run this organisation.

I am surprised by the indian members love of Gen Kiyani.
I am sure we have many more intelligent officers in the ranks who can run this organisation.
One thing is for sure and good for Pakistan is no Jehadi will come in power so India should not worry about it at all.
People come and go its the policies which should be kept, which are good for Pakistan.

Trust me Indians no one in Pak Army Generals want another tension between India and Pakistan , they all are like Gen Kiyani.

Zardari might look for pro who will support him and for that I don't know how many seniors will resign.

Last edited:
At present indains are loking to mess the trust build up among US and Pak forces. Zardari govt. may do any thing to please indians..... on top of that he can make some millions.
We kanow Zardari promoted Jiyala as Naval cheif and later he declined the most deserving candidate of PAF for being the Cheif of airstaff.

Zardari will not miss a chance to hurt Pakistan.

At present indains are loking to mess the trust build up among US and Pak forces. Zardari govt. may do any thing to please indians..... on top of that he can make some millions.
We kanow Zardari promoted Jiyala as Naval cheif and later he declined the most deserving candidate of PAF for being the Cheif of airstaff.

Zardari will not miss a chance to hurt Pakistan.

If the 18th Amendment is passed, President Zardari may not have the option of appointing the next COAS of Pakistan, this power may revert back to the Prime Minister.

Contrary to that, Lt. Gen. Nadeem Taj can also be a very strong person for COAS. He has also been the DG ISI, DG MI, and held very key military posts.

Let's wait and watch.

KIT Over

No if kayani denies extenstion that will be a good sign for pakistan, so as i feel so. New candidate too will be an expereinced person, and more than that this expansion scheme can bring in a dictator far too often it seems..!!!

Believe me there is no love for him and all. Its matter of stability there. When he took over the Army was in mess but look now it holds a greater control and stability. He truly calls the shot in ur country.( No Offense intended)

If Kayani declines the extension, in my view it will be a big loss to Pakistan.

True it will be a great loss for Pakistan because one of our Premier Generals will be retiring, and most likely he will deny the extension. But that being said, there are other Generals serving in Pakistan Army who are equally as competent as General Kayani. This is why Pakistan Army is such a great institution, it does not revolves around one man. Every officer is assigned his/her duties, and they are expected to carry them out to the best of their abilities. An Officer is only promoted to the position of a General if his career is completely spotless and he is considered extremely competent of his work.

a thread on this topic already exists - why start another one? - pls merge

True it will be a great loss for Pakistan because one of our Premier Generals will be retiring, and most likely he will deny the extension. But that being said, there are other Generals serving in Pakistan Army who are equally as competent as General Kayani. This is why Pakistan Army is such a great institution, it does not revolves around one man. Every officer is assigned his/her duties, and they are expected to carry them out to the best of their abilities. An Officer is only promoted to the position of a General if his career is completely spotless and he is considered extremely competent of his work.

All true.. My only point was that though no one is indispensible, its always a loss when a person in high office retires. Especially if he has delivered exceedingly well over a sustained period of time...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom