What's new

Alarab channel’s February launch to revolutionize electronic media

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Prince%20Alwaleed%20During%20Previous%20Visit%20to%20Alarab%20HQ%20in%20Bahrain%2C%20Dec%202014%20E%202.jpg

GIANT OF ITS TIME: Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, attends a staff meeting at Alarab Channel’s headquarters in Bahrain.​

MANAMA: ARAB NEWS

Published — Tuesday 16 December 2014

Last update 15 December 2014 10:26 pm

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, is to launch an Arab satellite news channel on Feb. 1, vowing to “break the mold” in a crowded field.
Bahrain-based Alarab News Channel, broadcasting in Arabic, said Monday it would usher in “a completely new style of news programming in the Middle East and beyond.”
With a core focus on news, the channel will cover politics, business and social affairs in addition to travel, sports and culture, said a press statement.
The region’s leading business news will be delivered through its cooperation agreement with Bloomberg, which will provide information to the region’s business community, it added.
Using expert opinion from renowned guests and never-before-seen social media interaction with its viewers, Alarab will deliver news through a creative and pioneering approach, it explained.
This was announced at a press conference chaired by Fahad AlSukait, chairman of the Board and CEO of Alarab with Jamal Khashoggi, general manager of the channel.
A full update on the channel, the management, the technical capabilities and a brief overview of the programs of the channel was shared with the attendees, who also had an exclusive tour of the studios.

Alarab channel’s February launch to revolutionize electronic media | Arab News

Arab media is already the most powerful in the region and one of the most influential out there. Not sure what another global media channel is good for but let's see.

Last edited:
Conservatives are going to hate this channel so much, you'll see, Al-waleed is the son of Talal, the head of the free princes faction of the royal family who call for a European style liberal democracy in Arabia.

This channel is going to carry out relentless attacks against conservative and the religious establishment when it airs, it is going to make the Liberal oriented Al-Arabiyah sound like a mosque's preaching channel.

Conservatives are going to hate this channel so much, you'll see, Al-waleed is the son of Talal, the head of the free princes faction of the royal family who call for a European style liberal democracy in Arabia.

This channel is going to carry out relentless attacks against conservative and the religious establishment when it airs, it is going to make the Liberal oriented Al-Arabiyah sound like a mosque's preaching channel.

Yes, I know. But Al-Arabiya is not conservative in my eyes. Sure they have a government line on sensitive issues but can we not expect the same thing to happen with this new channel? I mean Al-Waleed is very much part of the establishment regardless of him disagreeing with some fractions within the House of Saud. Even he can't get too offensive.

Criticize what must be criticized but I don't think that this will be an anti-religion channel at all. I hope that it will be a balanced channel that will also reach out to the non-Arabs. Al-Arabiya English (the webpage) is doing that fairly well but as you know then all the most important data is found in the Arabic version of Al-Arabiya.

Al-Jazeera also has its good sides but I also disagree with some of their political agenda.

Anyway the more competition in the media department the better. This should be the case on every front. Let opinions be challenged.

Anyway as long as the news anchors are of the same quality like those on Al-Arabiya I won't complain and that photo I posted is not that bad either.:cheesy::rofl:

Last edited:
Yes, I know. But Al-Arabiya is not conservative in my eyes. Sure they have a government line on sensitive issues but can we not expect the same thing to happen with this new channel? I mean Al-Waleed is very much part of the establishment regardless of him disagreeing with some fractions within the House of Saud. Even he can't get too offensive.

Criticize what must be criticized but I don't think that this will be an anti-religion channel at all. I hope that it will be a balanced channel that will also reach out to the non-Arabs. Al-Arabiya English (the webpage) is doing that fairly well but as you know then all the most important data is found in the Arabic version of Al-Arabiya.

Al-Jazeera also has its good sides but I also disagree with some of their political agenda.

Anyway the more competition in the media department the better. This should be the case on every front. Let opinions be challenged.

Anyway as long as the news anchors are of the same quality like those on Al-Arabiya I won't complain and that photo I posted is not that bad either.:cheesy::rofl:

You clearly don't understand idioms. I didn't say Al-Arabiyah was conservative, and I am always surprised by the wall of text you can pull off out of one word.

As long as the the quality is better then Fox news

Doubtful, it will attack its political enemies. Even though some of those 'enemies' did nothing to become their 'enemies'. We can't just label religion or religious people as conservatives. In the Arab world there is a scheme beginning that is a war on Islam. Whether you like that or not. The fact is that Muslims are being targeted, and now Egypt/UAE are trying to get a well known cleric on Interpol's list. It's unacceptable. Saudi Arabia's channel is following lead and I think it is stupid what they're doing.

You clearly don't understand idioms. I didn't say Al-Arabiyah was conservative, and I am always surprised by the wall of text you can pull off out of one word.

o_O

Your idiom was not very sophisticated. I am sure that everyone understood it perfectly well. I am just stating my opinion about Al-Arabiya as I believe that this new news channel will be of a similar albeit slightly more "offensive" nature. You obviously did not read my post.

Which word? I started talking about the topic. Don't see the problem? That so-called "wall of text" took me 2-3 minutes to write. Nobody forces you to read it and quit that tone. It does not suit you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom