What's new

Am I Pakistani or am I Indian ?

U must be a highly retarded person,what if the the attacks increases next year,what will u do then. I have literally nothing to do with the terrorist attacks happening in yr country.The terroist were Uzbeikis. Lastly why r Pakistanis cricket matches played in some other countries

Bold part. Again it shows your disappointment. You again wishing that TTP might bounce back to kill Paistanis. Typical bharati. Wishing terrorist attacks for others but whine when Mumbai attack type thing happens to them.

Again cricket matches don't change that Pakistanis were mercilessly killed in India. :rolleyes:

Bold part. Again it shows your disappointment. You again wishing that TTP might bounce back to kill Paistanis. Typical bharati. Wishing terrorist attacks for others but whine when Mumbai attack type thing happens to them.
Again cricket matches don't change that Pakistanis were mercilessly killed in India. :rolleyes:

Are u mad,whether it is TTP or some other group,what I have got to do.There r several militants groups in Pakistan,they don't take orders from Indians to attack Pakistanis.

Are u mad,whether it is TTP or some other group,what I have got to do.There r several militants groups in Pakistan,they don't take orders from Indians to attack Pakistanis.

You might have nothing to do with them but you do wish attacks by them on Pakistanis. Your posts are a clear representation of it.

Indians are disappointed that the attack was fail. Even I can see the disappointment in your post. The way you are wishing for more attacks by terrorists is a sigh of your disappointment.

About 4 months. Good that you accepted the attacks have gone down but again due to your disappointment with TTP you wished that they might go u again in just 4 months. For that I would say. Keep wishing kid. We would love to disappoint you in the future too.

Still you can't deny or change the fact that Pakistanis were killed by burning them alive in trains in India. You can keep coming with BS like TTP kills more Pakistanis just like Maoists kills more Indians but that doesn't hide an incident that happened in India. So the point we made earlier still stands true.

the fact that attack did happened says a lot about the situation in pakistan. fine this time the terrorists failed in their mission. what would happen the next time they succeed.

attack on airports are enough to deter people to come to pak. if i were you i would be concerned.

The strain on the lady who married in 1990 & is stretched between two lands is understandable.

Unless its a love marriage, why do parents do this ? Don't they realise the strain they put their children to by such cross border alliances ?

Am I Pakistani, or am I Indian? – The Express Tribune

My existence has been wrought by a perpetual state of identity crisis that reaches its pinnacle on August 14 every year. Before the green flags flying at full mast on the flagpoles lining Karachi’s Clifton beach, fluttering atop government buildings and state cars; the green fairy lights; the green paper banners speckled with crescents and stars — the patriotic spirit within me is pervaded with guilt that stems from a cloistered, well-hidden shard of my soul that struggles to identify with Pakistan, that yearns for family and loved ones that have been wrenched apart by a border, which has broken and battered the hearts of many.

My family identifies themselves as speakers of Urdu, natives of Lucknow. Its choice of identity tends to raise eyebrows within our parochial society and sends muffled whispers rippling through crowds. What throws me into a bigger conundrum — and is perhaps, the root cause of my state of disarray — is my mother’s cancelled Indian passport. Born and bred in Mumbai, she married my father — a Pakistani — in 1990 and moved to Karachi where she surrendered her Indian citizenship once I was born in 1994.

Our preference for an identity that binds us to our Indian roots is primarily associated with the fact that unlike most Indian families that migrated to Pakistan at or post-Partition, my family voluntarily chose not to. And although my great-grandfather, Chaudhry Azimuddin Ashraf of Barabanki, was closely associated with Maulana Abdul Bari of Firangi Mahal, who had ties with the Muslim League, the need to migrate to Pakistan never arose, primarily because, in the words of my paternal grandmother, “We were content and prosperous. Migrating to Pakistan only meant losing all our land, wealth and prestige and starting all over again on a blank slate.”

More than three-quarters of my extended family resides in India and the rest are abroad. We travel to India almost every year and struggle our way through the prolonged and tedious visa process for Pakistanis. In 2003, we endured a nine-hour transit in Dubai with a three-month-old in tow, as direct flights between India and Pakistan had been cancelled and our only option was to travel to Delhi via Dubai — a two-hour flight elongated and brutally stretched into a 24-hour journey. Since the age of three, I have watched my mother painstakingly fill out Indian visa forms every year. And year after year, she faces the challenges and invisible barriers that make travelling to the country where she was born and bred, an urge in despair. I have seen her dejection when she talks about her severed mobility to where her twin and younger sisters live and meet often and miss her as much as she misses them, and to where her aging mother resides alone in a palatial home where once peals of melodious laughter filled the summer air and now, emptiness sinks into nooks and corners — the tormenting consequence of distance.

For my family, the border between India and Pakistan has borne nothing but tears and heartaches. Our identity as Pakistanis has been an impediment to family unions and our choice to identify ourselves as speakers of Urdu and natives of Lucknow — holding on to the fraying strings that represent our past, almost refusing to come to terms with reality — is an element of insignificant consequence.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 15th, 2014.

Choices are to be made based on beliefs and not monetary values, Qaid's decision to make Pakistan was a wise one, as historical facts after the partition has unfolded making Qaid a saint.

The alternative now is that you have the chance to sell everything in India ns bring it with you, so what is holding you back, is it that you like to go through another Muslim killing riots, India has have hundreds of those, Muslims inIndia should ask to take their share of land in India and due to their numbers and make another Pakistan close the borders of Pakistan brining with them, Taj Mahal, lal Qila red mosque and all other monuments given to India by Muslims.

Sydeali,Please stop this BS,how many Pakistanis have been burned alive in the trains in the last decade,do let us know.Infact It is Pakistan which is becoming a unsafe place after the suicide attacks by the Taliban,the attacks on the Lankan cricket team,the attacks on the 15 International mountain climbers.

BS... How many Pakistanis were killed in samjhta express when Hindu terrorists burnt them alive .. Who were provided explosives by indian army officers who remain free to this date?!!

Even actors n comedians were beaten by Indians .. Heck you didn't even spare the blind cricketers who were given acid to drink..

I met some pakistani in train. I did not put them on fire :D but i felt them burning :lol:

Must be your odour..

the fact that attack did happened says a lot about the situation in pakistan. fine this time the terrorists failed in their mission. what would happen the next time they succeed.

attack on airports are enough to deter people to come to pak. if i were you i would be concerned.

Hay dude, you plant them and we kill them, do not give an Indian spin, attack happened blah, blah, blah

First we will finish your proxies than we will wait till you make a mistake to attack us on our borders, remember 1965. Do not try again, this time it will be a catastrophe waiting, so stop threatening start precession to make peace based on fair and reasonable historical facts.

Hay dude, you plant them and we kill them, do not give an Indian spin, attack happened blah, blah, blah

First we will finish your proxies than we will wait till you make a mistake to attack us on our borders, remember 1965. Do not try again, this time it will be a catastrophe waiting, so stop threatening start precession to make peace based on fair and reasonable historical facts.

cool down dude...i was just sayin facts...if you feel you have can defeat india, i say you should attack india...after all you have the big nukes.

Atrocities of Hindu terrorists towards minorities living in India is well-documented. I just don't have time to go through all the reported incidents and compile a list. However, I am providing you with a report by Violette Graff and Juliette. This report shed some light on the situation of minorities in India and how they have been mass murdered, gang raped, and dislocated from their houses by the terrorist Hindus. After reading hundreds of such incidences, it becomes clear that Hindu terrorists don't like to kill the minorities swiftly but they subject them to intense torture first, then they burn their victims alive. For women, they always gang-rape them first, then burn them alive. We Pakistanis should be thankful to Allah and after him, Quid-e-Azam and his colleagues for giving us a place to live far from the atrocities of Hindu terrorists.

Hindu-Muslim Communal Riots in India II (1986-2011)
Hindu-Muslim Communal Riots in India II (1986-2011) - Online Encyclopedia of Mass Violence

How peaceful India is and how much minorities are protected in the world's largest democracy and so called secular India can be assessed from the reports given below:

Violence against Muslims in India: Violence against Muslims in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Religious violence in India: Religious violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anti-Christian violence in India: Anti-Christian violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Violence Against Christians Spreading in India: Violence Against Christians Spreading in India
India: Violence against Christians on the rise in Karnataka: India: Violence against Christians on the rise in Karnataka | Christian News on Christian Today
India's Christians fear rise in persecution under BJP: India's Christians fear rise in persecution under BJP | Christian News on Christian Today
Karnataka, Maharashtra top attacks on Christians: Karnataka, Maharashtra top attacks on Christians - The Times of India
Christian girl raped and killed in Kandhamal. Hindu radicals suspected: INDIA Christian girl raped and killed in Kandhamal. Hindu radicals suspected - Asia News
India: Muslim Woman Gang-Raped by More Than 12 Men for Working With Hindus: India: Muslim Woman Gang-Raped by More Than 12 Men for Working With Hindus | sharia unveiled

Atrocities of Hindu terrorists towards minorities living in India is well-documented. I just don't have time to go through all the reported incidents and compile a list. However, I am providing you with a report by Violette Graff and Juliette. This report shed some light on the situation of minorities in India and how they have been mass murdered, gang raped, and dislocated from their houses by the terrorist Hindus. After reading hundreds of such incidences, it becomes clear that Hindu terrorists don't like to kill the minorities swiftly but they subject them to intense torture first, then they burn their victims alive. For women, they always gang-rape them first, then burn them alive. We Pakistanis should be thankful to Allah and after him, Quid-e-Azam and his colleagues for giving us a place to live far from the atrocities of Hindu terrorists.

Hindu-Muslim Communal Riots in India II (1986-2011)
Hindu-Muslim Communal Riots in India II (1986-2011) - Online Encyclopedia of Mass Violence

How peaceful India is and how much minorities are protected in the world's largest democracy and so called secular India can be assessed from the reports given below:

Violence against Muslims in India: Violence against Muslims in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Religious violence in India: Religious violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anti-Christian violence in India: Anti-Christian violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Violence Against Christians Spreading in India: Violence Against Christians Spreading in India
India: Violence against Christians on the rise in Karnataka: India: Violence against Christians on the rise in Karnataka | Christian News on Christian Today
India's Christians fear rise in persecution under BJP: India's Christians fear rise in persecution under BJP | Christian News on Christian Today
Karnataka, Maharashtra top attacks on Christians: Karnataka, Maharashtra top attacks on Christians - The Times of India
Christian girl raped and killed in Kandhamal. Hindu radicals suspected: INDIA Christian girl raped and killed in Kandhamal. Hindu radicals suspected - Asia News
India: Muslim Woman Gang-Raped by More Than 12 Men for Working With Hindus: India: Muslim Woman Gang-Raped by More Than 12 Men for Working With Hindus | sharia unveiled

we are a very large country, a population of 1.3 b - 20% of world population identifies themselves as Indians. now given the averages you should have 1/5th of world crimes happening in india, but i guess the number of crimes happening in india are relatively low as compared to the averages.

The strain on the lady who married in 1990 & is stretched between two lands is understandable.

Unless its a love marriage, why do parents do this ? Don't they realise the strain they put their children to by such cross border alliances ?

My existence has been wrought by a perpetual state of identity crisis that reaches its pinnacle on August 14 every year. Before the green flags flying at full mast on the flagpoles lining Karachi’s Clifton beach, fluttering atop government buildings and state cars; the green fairy lights; the green paper banners speckled with crescents and stars — the patriotic spirit within me is pervaded with guilt that stems from a cloistered, well-hidden shard of my soul that struggles to identify with Pakistan, that yearns for family and loved ones that have been wrenched apart by a border, which has broken and battered the hearts of many.

My family identifies themselves as speakers of Urdu, natives of Lucknow. Its choice of identity tends to raise eyebrows within our parochial society and sends muffled whispers rippling through crowds. What throws me into a bigger conundrum — and is perhaps, the root cause of my state of disarray — is my mother’s cancelled Indian passport. Born and bred in Mumbai, she married my father — a Pakistani — in 1990 and moved to Karachi where she surrendered her Indian citizenship once I was born in 1994.

Our preference for an identity that binds us to our Indian roots is primarily associated with the fact that unlike most Indian families that migrated to Pakistan at or post-Partition, my family voluntarily chose not to. And although my great-grandfather, Chaudhry Azimuddin Ashraf of Barabanki, was closely associated with Maulana Abdul Bari of Firangi Mahal, who had ties with the Muslim League, the need to migrate to Pakistan never arose, primarily because, in the words of my paternal grandmother, “We were content and prosperous. Migrating to Pakistan only meant losing all our land, wealth and prestige and starting all over again on a blank slate.”

More than three-quarters of my extended family resides in India and the rest are abroad. We travel to India almost every year and struggle our way through the prolonged and tedious visa process for Pakistanis. In 2003, we endured a nine-hour transit in Dubai with a three-month-old in tow, as direct flights between India and Pakistan had been cancelled and our only option was to travel to Delhi via Dubai — a two-hour flight elongated and brutally stretched into a 24-hour journey. Since the age of three, I have watched my mother painstakingly fill out Indian visa forms every year. And year after year, she faces the challenges and invisible barriers that make travelling to the country where she was born and bred, an urge in despair. I have seen her dejection when she talks about her severed mobility to where her twin and younger sisters live and meet often and miss her as much as she misses them, and to where her aging mother resides alone in a palatial home where once peals of melodious laughter filled the summer air and now, emptiness sinks into nooks and corners — the tormenting consequence of distance.

For my family, the border between India and Pakistan has borne nothing but tears and heartaches. Our identity as Pakistanis has been an impediment to family unions and our choice to identify ourselves as speakers of Urdu and natives of Lucknow — holding on to the fraying strings that represent our past, almost refusing to come to terms with reality — is an element of insignificant consequence.

Pathetically hillarious article who basically wants to remain in complex

You're a Pakistani with Lucknowite roots - What is ever so complicated about that that you can't seem to figure out what you are ? :crazy:
she is not a pakistani… she is a piece of crap…

a pakistani knows that he is a pakistani nothing to be confused about…

hate people like her….
after reading this i hope she considered her self an indian because she will degrade our pakistaniat by calling herself a pakistani.
a pakistani doesn't ask a question like "am i a pakistani or am i indian"?

Last edited:
What a retarded article..

A very inappropriate article indeed

she is not a pakistani… she is a piece of crap…

a pakistani knows that he is a pakistani nothing to be confused about…

hate people like her….
after reading this i hope she considered her self an indian because she will degrade our pakistaniat by calling herself a pakistani.
a pakistani doesn't ask a question like "am i a pakistani or am i indian"?

reading her article I felt that she knows she is a Pakistani and not an indian;

perhaps a family expressed sentiment is provoking her into writing such stuff that she might regret later on in her life

Back
Top Bottom