What's new

Are Taliban following in the footsteps of Tamil Tigers?

he doesnt mean "All" Pakistanis.. but he misses the fact that the statement is unqualified.. "so much" is subjective and misleading and in Pakistan's case totally wrong.. had it been the case
then Pakistan Army's operation in Sawat and tribal areas would have turned into a Rawandan civil war.... Taliban did have and still have support but not as he likes to belive and portray it.

his ending statement is again inflammatory .. because America and Saudia along with Pakistan were also major partners of Jihad against the soviets and have all shared the consiquences he is so smugly pointing towards Pakistan only.

Said it yourself, I made my intentions clear about that statement, however if you choose to derive any other meaning about it and work yourself up, I can't help you.

his ending statement is again inflammatory .. because America and Saudia along with Pakistan were also major partners of Jihad against the soviets and have all shared the consiquences he is so smugly pointing towards Pakistan only

Ok now there seems to be a comprehension problem with you, do you deny there is not a feeling in Pakistan of Taliban being the religious saviors from the godlees communists?
And no, Saudi and America have not shared the consequences as Pakistan has, apparently.

What!! blow back from the 80's was 9/11 and the mindset that made the invasion of Iraq possible, that has killed and maimed thousands of young Americans, in that case the US has suffered as well.

did it EVER occur to you and people like you that taleban would not be able to function without some popular support in Afghanistan itself?

if news media is to be believed, 72% of that country is effectively under taleban control or sway/influence.

Afghanistan is not a country where unpopular people last very long.....soviets learned it the hard way. So obviously they have enough support to survive in Afghanistan. If anything, 9 years after the initial onslaught they are more powerful now.

Hopefully whatever happens, it will be to the interests of Afghanistan ... AND HER IMMEDIATE NEIGHBOURS

you are very naiive to think that the key to taleban destruction lies in Pakistan....no sir, it does not. As usual, too much credit to Pakistan where it is undue.

Desperate times call for desperate measures as it’s been the case with the Taliban! Failing propagandas and losing territory has long pushed them over the brink of desperation. It should be understood that when we talk of Taliban “control” or “influence” over any part of Afghan territory, we are not talking about anything than the ability to instill fear over the population. Should we be really amazed that they have scooped to the level of using female suicide bombers, when they have already targeted Mosques, Shrines and Children? Is it not apparent that they have lost the grip and will attempt any method to catch the nations off guard? Do you really believe people are walking around with love and support in their heart for the Taliban, when they continue to commit and claim responsibility for these inhumane acts of terror? Their cover is wearing thin and people are well aware the Taliban are trying to create a panic by committing these barbaric crimes. It should not be too hard to connect the dots here and see the Taliban have found breathing space across the border in Pakistan after they have continually faced defeat in the hands of the US and NATO forces. Respectfully, do you not see that verifiable facts, indeed reality, run counter to your claims?
Here you can watch how American, Italian and Afghan forces are securing Bala Murghab and have taken the control back from the Taliban.

YouTube - Securing Bala Murghab

Here you can watch Afghan and US troops involved in a major operation to drive the Taliban out of districts surrounding Kandahar.
YouTube - Operation Dragon Strike Courtesy NATO TV CHANNEL

Now, do you understand why the strategic alliance between Pakistan and the US has continued to irk them and they have continually attempted to destabilize the nation of Pakistan? Do you see why they would wish to see an end to this growing strategic partnership? The running ground is narrowing for the Taliban and counter insurgency from both nations is halting their operations! Do you see why it is important to maintain that pressure and not provide any room for growth in Pakistan?

LCDR Speaks,
DET, United States Central Command
CENTCOM

tamil tiger had the bloods of more innocents on their hand whereas taleban mostly aims to target whom they perceive as foreign invaders --though they are guilty of some crimes against humanity as well

it's a beyond stupid comparison, considering Sri Lanka has never been invaded by foreign army(s).....the tamil tigers fought a civil war whereas taleban do not aim to fight on ethnic lines; they are religiously motivated. Some may argue that most taleban are Pakhtuns but in this context it is irrelevant.

Most of Sri Lanka even the civilians rallied against the indian backed ltte....and 25 years later they fell. Taleban are more popular in Afghanistan today than they were in early 2000s and it has become quite evident.

Wow!!!!!!

So since they are against a particular kind ....and its justifiable...
i guess Hitler cleasing of Jew is also justified by you sir ... since they went after only Jews and not entire humanity .....

:coffee:

Desperate times call for desperate measures as it’s been the case with the Taliban! Failing propagandas and losing territory has long pushed them over the brink of desperation.

definitely cant argue with that; but I think those who blindly supported northern alliance and alienated the Afghan Pashtuns were also desperate

neither taleban nor NA exactly have clean hands; nobody does

It should be understood that when we talk of Taliban “control” or “influence” over any part of Afghan territory, we are not talking about anything than the ability to instill fear over the population.

and the northern alliance?

:whistle:

Should we be really amazed that they have scooped to the level of using female suicide bombers, when they have already targeted Mosques, Shrines and Children?

whoever engages in such behaviour must be punished

Is it not apparent that they have lost the grip and will attempt any method to catch the nations off guard?

please elaborate

Do you really believe people are walking around with love and support in their heart for the Taliban, when they continue to commit and claim responsibility for these inhumane acts of terror?

like USA, you have the die hard left; die hard right; then you have the swing voters

the people who a few years ago disliked taleban are now supporting them simply because they see invading forces as a bigger enemy and aggressor; and at the same time they see taleban (factions) and other groups as the only real resistance

you're dealing with a country that has only seen war for past several decades now

Their cover is wearing thin and people are well aware the Taliban are trying to create a panic by committing these barbaric crimes.

all this could have been avoided if Afghans were not abandoned over 20 years ago when they did our (notice I'm not saying ''your'') dirty work alongside other foreign fighters

It should not be too hard to connect the dots here and see the Taliban have found breathing space across the border in Pakistan after they have continually faced defeat in the hands of the US and NATO forces.

I'm sorry, i dont subsribe to the notion that the ''key'' to defeating taleban lies in Pakistan and Pakistani hands.

These are just baseless scape-goat tactics, nobody in Pakistan is buying it.

Yes it is true that fighters easily can criss-cross the border. Learn the geography of the region and you would understand better.

unless you are suggesting that the recent spike in attacks on ISAF is solely because of so-called ''safe havens'' in Pakistan.....i know some Americans wrongly believe this notion.

Respectfully, do you not see that verifiable facts, indeed reality, run counter to your claims?

I'm not denying everything you've said. But do tell me what you expect once ISAF withdraws and as usual we, Iranians, Afghans themselves, and C.A.R.s are left holding the bag.

ISAF are strangers in no-man's land. We are the ones in the immediate neighbourhood --so whatever happens has a direct effect on us

My impression was that the mission in 2001 was to eradicate Al Qaeda. Many senior taleban leaders were condemning the presence of foreign militants on their soil.

Here you can watch how American, Italian and Afghan forces are securing Bala Murghab and have taken the control back from the Taliban.

the Italians paid the taleban not to attack their positions.

By the way, Afghan forces are in dire need of better training and equipment. Do you trust them enough to do that?

Now, do you understand why the strategic alliance between Pakistan and the US has continued to irk them and they have continually attempted to destabilize the nation of Pakistan?

Are you implying and/or admitting that US destabilizes Pakistan based on non-compliance of certain ''issues/requests'' ?

Do you see why they would wish to see an end to this growing strategic partnership?

well I can see some weapons and technology you are handing over to my primary adversary; i can see 'dear leader' mr. obama making statements to please the locusts in new delhi much to the dismay of some of your major non-NATO allies :)

The running ground is narrowing for the Taliban and counter insurgency from both nations is halting their operations! Do you see why it is important to maintain that pressure and not provide any room for growth in Pakistan?

Allow Pakistan to determine who is and who isnt a threat to Pakistan first. Different threats are given different priority levels. Pakistan is a sovereign country, let it do what it sees fit for its interests before asking for 'more'

just as well, remember that counter-insurgency ops can not only be won militarily.....

LCDR Speaks,
DET, United States Central Command
CENTCOM

what

Guys why we don't talk about TTP!
Why is TTP not a terrorist organisation in US books?
Is it because they are protected by Indians?

Ok now there seems to be a comprehension problem with you, do you deny there is not a feeling in Pakistan of Taliban being the religious saviors from the godlees communists?
And no, Saudi and America have not shared the consequences as Pakistan has, apparently.

problem is with you my son...
the biggest loss in case of America was 911.. and Saudis also had their share of bombings.. in case of Pakistan its on going because of the vicinity .. all three had the share in this Afghan Jihad... you just seem to square it on pakistan as if its all pakistan's doing.. go watch Hillary's statement to the US senate committee about the same subject .. and no I am not going to give you the link.. go look it up in youtube and you will understand what I am trying to tell you.

again, you are making a generalisation.. the short answer is NO... do I have to kick you every time to make you understand? a certain section in society does agree with Taliban but not as you maliciously imply as if pro-Taliban views have a national consensus.

grow out of it boy... because you will be only ridiculed..due to your Anal views ...

I will end it like this... the majority is against taliban & have seen their atrocities first hand.. their ideology is not welcome and Pakistan is a moderate sunni majority country of Sufis and saints..
the Salafi ideology was imported from Saudia along with money and weapons from America back in early 80s...

Pakistani society suffered first hand but now this ideology is being confronted on every platform.

I hope you get the message..

Last edited:
Guys why we don't talk about TTP!
Why is TTP not a terrorist organisation in US books?
Is it because they are protected by Indians?

So since its on the terrorist organizations list for the US as pointed out by Abu Zolfiqar, Indians are not "protecting" TTP.

Back
Top Bottom