What's new

Arundhati Roy Says ‘Kashmir should get Azadi from bhookhe-nange Hindustan’

Look, arresting this folks means, helping them making headlines tomorrow all over the world.

So be it. You think anybody will give two hoots to what happens to these losers? No! the world will just move on like it moved on after Liu of China was awarded the nobel prize.

That guy broke China's laws and he was arrested for that. Same thing we should do.

If we have a law and that law is broken, then action must be taken. Simple.

Every country has a right to govern itself the way it wants.

Blasphemy laws as they are in Pakistan are completely different from those (if any) in the western world.

In Pakistan, Pakistan's laws must be adhered to and in India, Indian laws must be adhered to and in China, Chinese laws must be adhered to.

What's so difficult to understand here?

When in rome...(not 'do the romans':disagree:)

I am talking about blasphemous references on Islam, which is common these days, you wud never understand now wud you :disagree:

In my POV

what she said like "Kashmir should get Azadi" is right but

"bhookhe-nange Hindustan"

Is totally wrong, Period

Actually 'bhooka nanga hindustan' was coined by Kashmiris originally. I think what Arundhuti was trying to say here, that India should be free from unnecessary hatred of Kashmiris(I hope it's true even though next part of her rambling doesn't align to my believe. 800 millions people living in 20 rs is totally her musing).

Even if this is what she was trying to say, for someone having an articulating skill like her, her choice of words is garbage and should be used to wipe the wrong end of one's body.

Last edited:
So be it. You think anybody will give two hoots to what happens to these losers? No! the world will just move on like it moved on after Liu of China was awarded the nobel prize.

That guy broke China's laws and he was arrested for that. Same thing we should do.

If we have a law and that law is broken, then action must be taken. Simple.

If you don't want to see Arundhuti getting nobel, then don't even think about arresting her!

I love it, this what defines Freedom of speech
A controversial debate on hot topic made to be carried on under Police protection is symbol of free and democratic country.

I am talking about blasphemous references on Islam, which is common these days, you wud never understand now wud you :disagree:

Of course I do understand and that's why I say,

If an action which you consider as a crime takes place in a country where it is not considered as a crime where it is acceptable as per the sensibilities of the local populace, then that action cannot be taken as a crime.

I'll give you a few examples.

Just think about one prime example, The prophet (S.A.W.) was married to a nine-year old girl. Now according to those times and in that land where he dwelled, it was not considered a crime but if I or you decide to marry a 9 year old girl today in our respective countries, we would be labeled pedophiles and tried as per extant laws.

In our countries, if you or I roam around naked and without clothes, we'll be arrested for public nudity but there are many places in Africa where this is the norm.

There are countries where smoking marijuana is is considered a crime and there are countries where it is not.

Same goes for many things such as prostitution, gambling, betting etc.

One more example, there was a recent incident in which a new zealand TV host abused shiela dikshit (the CM of Delhi state of India) and made fun of her name.

But there was no legal action against him. Why? Because it is considered within the ambit of 'freedom of speech' in new zealand.

Arundhati Roy is publicity whore. She makes her living out of controversies.

I give u simple example, if i said "mera bharat mahan" ,people would and go their way feeling nothing new in it. But if i burnt the national flag i would make my way to the evening news.

both are same as arundati but style is different.:D

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

dont be angry yaar she has right to talk whats wrong here?:)

Imran bhai kisi ko bhi apne baat kahne ka hak banta hai, democracy mein.

Par iska matlab ye to nahin ki hum apne hi desh ko bhuka aur nanga bolein?? sabke saamne!!!!

Shiv Sena and Modi give hate speeches every now and than, why should she be arrested and not them?

You do understand that there is a difference between 'hate speech' and outright threatening to break the country apart.

Shiv Sena and Modi give hate speeches every now and than, why should she be arrested and not them?

:hitwall::hitwall:

Yeah thats why Gujarat is fastly becoming the most developed state in India leaving all others behind.

Thats why even Muslims support him widely as evident form the recent elections in which he made a clean sweep.

Dont denigrate Modi by comparing him with Arundati like creatures.

According to Indians she is a Pakistani hired by ISI.

Its sad that being a journalist she was threatened with jail terms even for carrying out her professional duty and covering situation in maoist areas

Back
Top Bottom