What's new

At 7.6%, India is the fastest-growing economy or the best data fudger

At India's current stage of development, they SHOULD be growing at 7-8%. When China was a $2 trillion economy we were growing at around 12% per annum.

So I don't think the data is fudged.

However I do think it's ironic that it was the Indians who were always saying that China fudges our GDP data, and now they are the ones being accused of that. :lol:

Take it from experience, they will never stop saying that you are fudging your data, because you never stopped saying that about us either.

At India's current stage of development, they SHOULD be growing at 7-8%. When China was a $2 trillion economy we were growing at around 12% per annum.

So I don't think the data is fudged.

However I do think it's ironic that it was the Indians who were always saying that China fudges our GDP data, and now they are the ones being accused of that. :lol:

Take it from experience, they will never stop saying that you are fudging your data, because you never stopped saying that about us either.

There are some differences though,

1) In India's case it is the media & political parties nexus. Same cannot be said about China.

2) It was Li Keqiang's statement that created the ruckus. So far nothing of the sorts has happened here.

As for the data fudging, it has a simple cure something that media conveniently avoids when it wants to. File an RTI in the finance ministry or raise the issue in Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha.

It has more to do with politics and less to do with economics. This what happens when you run out of issues so you pull one out of thin air and voila, there you have it, a perfect distraction and it has been happening for past two years and will continue to happen.

FDI is still coming in hot, NDA will have sufficient seats in Rajya Sabha to get GST and Land Aquisition bills passed this very year, NGOs are being tamed and liars in media are being called out so all's well on the ground.

Kangress traitors have been using Mauritius to launder their bribe money for decades. After the money is laundered, the funds are exported back to India and counted as 'foreign investments'. Modi-ji needs to look into this and shut off the flow of black money.

To what extent? 30+ billion dollars in bribe? each year? Black money do come into India in the form of FDI, but it's contribution is minimal.

64bd0446-19fb-11e6-8fa5-44094f6d9c46.img

World famous FT.com does not agree with Modinomics

LOL at the headline fudgers. Not a single direct quote in the entire OP and then they say don't call us presstitutes. :lol::lol::lol:

Here is the original interview and direct quotes from the man himself.

Discrepancies are inherent part of expenditure side of GDP as of now: T C A Anant

As economic growth came in at 7.9 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2015-16, many argue that much of it could be attributed to discrepancies. Chief Statistician of India T C A Anant dispels these notions. He tells Dilasha Seth and Indivjal Dhasmana that the principal method of calculating the gross domestic product (GDP) is by taking into account the production-side estimates and not an expenditure one.

Many experts have criticised the latest GDP figures, saying much of the nearly eight per cent growth in the fourth quarter could be attributed to discrepancies.

The principal estimate, which has the most data and is the most robust, are from the production-side estimates, not expenditure-side ones. Discrepancies arose on the expenditure side. It is useful for those who comment on growth to have knowledge about time series. It won't be difficult for people to look at past quarterly estimates, both in the new and old series, to see there were many instances - both at the time of provisional and revised estimates - when such high or even higher discrepancies occurred. In an ideal world, production-side and expenditure side, GDP would be a completely independent calculation, with independent detailed data sets.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...gdp-as-of-now-t-c-a-anant-116060200026_1.html

Chief Statistician Says Economic Data Imperfect, But Defends GDP Figures

"The fact is, imperfect information is still useful as long as I know what the sources of the imperfection are," T.C.A. Anant, chief statistician of India, told reporters in New Delhi.
Mr Anant said the new series is more accurate because it brings in much more information, in particular from the corporate sector, including data from 500,000 companies compared with 2,500 firms earlier.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/economy...ds-gdp-figure-but-says-data-imperfect-1414418

Now ladies and gentlemen, we will see a PAAPIYA running with tails between his legs and his cheerleader from the other side of the border feigning innocence. @mehboobkz :devil:

Hardly but you wouldn't know, now would you? Don't tag me for such non sense.

Jeez, some people are just not bright. :D
Seems more like a desperate attempt to defend your narrative.:partay:
But then again, who am I to judge....

Last edited:
To what extent? 30+ billion dollars in bribe? each year? Black money do come into India in the form of FDI, but it's contribution is minimal.

Kangress dogs have very large appetite. They would loot even their own mothers if they had the chance. I'm surprised that more money was not laundered through Mauritius.

I know some Indians working in China are very liberal, hate everything about Modi.

Hating Modi is not symbolize liberalism rather another aspect of political opinion....Rather Modi and its supporter and more liberal that we have to tolerate these so called Khongress people for last 65 years...After Indira Gandhi, there is none in Khongress who can lead my nation...But still then they will our foolish people go behind Khongress party..

this way India will be 11 trillion economy in next 19 years but some jealous guys keep shouting Fraud Fraud India Can not be even 1 Trillion economy :chilli:

India will be a 11 trillion economy in 12 to 14 years max.

Back
Top Bottom