What's new

At last Pakistan is getting J-10

Neo said:
Unlike the Su-27/30 China acquired, J-10 will be a chinese platform and will replace some early J-7's and J-8's, but its unlikely that it will be deployed in huge numbers.
Its mainly being developped for export.

j-10 is regarded as an important milestone in course of china fight jet development, which absolutely not for exports.

russian original su-27sk and su-30mkk could not use our own advanced missles and bombs. so what we should do? just purchasing from russia those weapons? of course not.

china aims to create her own airforce. so does pakistan, that is why i consider pak decided to pay so much to cooperate with china for fc-1 (jf-17) instead of directly purchasing j-8II. after all, it is a start for pakitstan to build jets.

melb4aust said:
Whats a point of building J-10 then, what i think you guyz are obviousely looking to replace some old fighter jets with them, plus they may built export versions of these aircrafts to sell them to other countries, as Pakistan is also getting few squadron of these fighter jets.

simply saying, j-10's purpose is to intercept all of the jets in services in the world except f-22.:P

melb4aust said:
Whats a point of building J-10 then, what i think you guyz are obviousely looking to replace some old fighter jets with them, plus they may built export versions of these aircrafts to sell them to other countries, as Pakistan is also getting few squadron of these fighter jets.

:biggrin: ,of course, j-10 may not intercept the jets like sr-71.:D

jiangxueen2k said:
j-8ii of course will remain for a considerable long period. the main reasons are the cost difference between it and j-10 and that it is still in peace time, replacing all of the j-8ii is unnecessary.

among the latest models such j-8f, fc-1 and L-15, which one you consider will most possibly replace the mass out-of-date j-6 and j-7 in plaaf?
FC-1 will not be deployed in latge numbers, I even doubt if PLAAF will go for the original 200 planned.
J-8 will probably replace majority of the J-6 currently in service.
L-15 is a trainer with little combat capability, how can it replace J-6/7??:confused:

Neo said:
FC-1 will not be deployed in latge numbers, I even doubt if PLAAF will go for the original 200 planned.
J-8 will probably replace majority of the J-6 currently in service.
L-15 is a trainer with little combat capability, how can it replace J-6/7??:confused:

i just listed the jets available which may be probably to replace j-6 and j-7. i do not think L-15 would do either. so there are j-8ii (please note not the j-8) and fc-1 left.

except in high altitude and the max. speed, j-8ii could not compare with fc-1. but j-8f with modified avionics is better than fc-1 except cost.

plaaf will order some fc-1, which had been confirmed by my friends in 611chengdu. as for the quanity, i am not sure and tentatively, agree with you that it may not be deployed in large numbers. one in 611 told me that plaaf will order but not imminently and the j-8f and fc-1 is still in competion.

what features would convice the PLAAF to get the FC-1

there were report the plane has great vertical maneravbility but normal horizontal maneravbility, therefore it can be used for CAS, and at 12 million each, but able to carry lgm and other advanced a2g weapons, and if modified to have a large gatling gun on the noze or underbelly, it can do a good job

the PLANAF was intested in the plan in this role

also this plane for 12 million could form an advanced trainer planform, as it is not a small simple trainer but an advanced fighter, but at the reasonable price of 12 million, it could have all j-10 avionics, etc. but just sort on range and playload, but in war time could be a real fighter

so what does it need to do to beat the J-8F

ISI2003 said:
what features would convice the PLAAF to get the FC-1

there were report the plane has great vertical maneravbility but normal horizontal maneravbility, therefore it can be used for CAS, and at 12 million each, but able to carry lgm and other advanced a2g weapons, and if modified to have a large gatling gun on the noze or underbelly, it can do a good job

the PLANAF was intested in the plan in this role

also this plane for 12 million could form an advanced trainer planform, as it is not a small simple trainer but an advanced fighter, but at the reasonable price of 12 million, it could have all j-10 avionics, etc. but just sort on range and playload, but in war time could be a real fighter

so what does it need to do to beat the J-8F

planaf had never thought to get fc-1. what planaf is interested include fbc-1, j-11b, j-10 (including two-seat ones) and su-30mkk series. first of all, its payload is not ideal comparing with the mentioned planes. all of these planes including those ones in service have the abilities to be equiped with larger size radar than fc-1.

great vertical maneravbility is more practical in air combat. in the respect of maneravbility, we do not doubt fc-1 could beat f-16c/d, even f-16a/b in dogfight. i do not have the data about the f-16 and a2a missles to be sold to pak. i estimate the bvr ability of fc-1 and f-16 is equal.

fc-1's a2g ability is not as good as f-16, that is one of the reasons that i consider pak. decided to still purchase f-16 from us before being able to get the comparable planes from china.

the price at $12m is a reference and has not been finally determined yet, which is up to the required configuration.

fc-1, as a trainer platform, is reasonable. it is helpful for pilots to manipulate j-10 after driving fc-1.

fc-1 could not have all j-10 avionics.

j-8f is developed by 601 who is an important role in china. j-8f overall is better than fc-1 except dogfight under 10,000m and its higher cost. another is that 601 keeps good and deep relationship with plaaf.

This year JF-17 thunder will show its capabilities on Pakistan's independence day, says musharaf:
The link is in urdu thats why i didnt mention.
At last the time has come to see thunder on Pakistani soil. I certainly can't wait.:flag:

melb4aust said:
This year JF-17 thunder will show its capabilities on Pakistan's independence day, says musharaf:
The link is in urdu thats why i didnt mention.
At last the time has come to see thunder on Pakistani soil. I certainly can't wait.:flag:

:D1 ,the 1st batch may be 4 units in your color. i expect to the watch the video at that time.

The choice to induct FC-1 into PLAAF is a political one as part of the JV with Pakistan.
PLAAF's order is vital to keep the production cost at the projected level.

Incase China manages to find considerable export customers for the fighter, PLAAF may be allowed to drop the FC-1. PAC may not object as JF-17 will come wit hfull ToT.

AAHH i dont care:rolleyes: whether PLAAF is getting J-10 or not, but i certainly would like to see them in PAF:D1 inventory.

Melbatoast I see to much oneliners and empty post. If you wanna degrade this forum into PDF where quantity is more respected then quality then see it as a warning which can lead to problems for you.

About Fc1 J10 saga. When China developed K8 we heard that Pak was not important factor. The plane was not intresting. Yet it has been produced in pretty good quantities and for a very reasonable price. Then there was L15. We heard that China would stop buying K8 cause L15 was advanced trainer. Yet we read in AFM mag that Chin ais still producing K8 in big quantities and we see another new customer. We heard Fc1 was paper plane. Now we see it developed into nice potent plane. And it will become better and better (compare it with the world smalles delta that is dying without much sound). Now we hear that only pak will buy it. I bet China will get it. And some more nations at the same time.

About J10. It was a copy of the Lave. Then it was fulley imported. We will see a nice plane in the end. They said that Chinese avionics were bad. We saw fc1 cockpit. There is not much stupid talk left. Do not believe anything that arrogant Indians say or post. They were stunned to see Babur and I have a feeling that they will be stunned more often then we can imagine.

Fully agree with Munir here, media is a very powerful tool and full of bs when it comes with socalles 'expertise and analysis' of anything we develop or produce.
Infact the K-8 has been a success story, its deployed with atleast four airforces and more will follow in near future as its being marketded quite agressively.
FC-1/JF-17 is a magnificant fighter compared to price vs capability and no matter what PLAAF does with it, PAF will induct and further develop this bird to a very lethal platform.

We need to be patient and see what pops up next year. :)
We'll be seing JF-17 in PAF colors flying over Islamabad this year on Sept. 6th, thats for sure.
:flag:

Back
Top Bottom