What's new

Austalian athletes 'treated like cattle' CWG

They were in the tunnel for less than 60 min.

And they were the first to walk out before all the other teams. They came out smiling and everyone with a video camera.

They got sit down first and then had front row seats for the whole event other CWG has the athletes come out last after the whole event was over

In fact it was the Indian athletes who came out last after all the other teams , none of them were coming out dripping in sweat.

And i did see the video footage of the Australian athletes in the tunnel , most of them showed signs of some discomfort , but others were being A'holes not listening to ground staff and potentially jeopardizing the whole event by trying to break lines and go where they please all because they can't stand aground in a warm room for a little over 45 min.

I mean they came out all smiling they spent the whole time in the tunnel talking amongst themselves.

There were performers in a totally different tunnel that lead to the center of the stadium. That were in there for almost the whole event.

Its their fault that hey brought the wrong clothing suits ?

No other country made a complaint . the English who supposedly had some people pass out. Did not say anything.

At the end of the day its tunnel that's going to be used for less than an hour , you want expensive air conditioning there , that is just unreasonable.

Your in India get used to the tropical heat. And move.

Australia can complain about hosts all day , But at the end of the day they are just being bad guests.

We should remember this next time Aussi hosts a game lets send people with full permission to complain about everything. and see what they say.

Aussies are "delicate babies"!

They complain about everything specially if people from sub-continent are involved which can be "mostly" seen in Cricket.

I guess Aussies are made of chocolates that they started melting in the heat.

I wonder why only the Australian were complaining being treated like "cattle" only, while other teams were pretty much dealing with similar situation? any news source who else were complaining too?

For Your Info :

Back then India accused Australia for mistreating Indian Visa students
in Australia.

"Tits for Tats". Couple of months ago, India was in full force bashing Australia and accusing Australians for being anti-Indian. Now Australia is taking her turn to do what India did to dent the country's image.

Conclusion : Australia is not China and India can't get away after bashing Australia.

For Your Info :

Back then India accused Australia for mistreating Indian Visa students
in Australia.

"Tits for Tats". Couple of months ago, India was in full force bashing Australia and accusing Australians for being anti-Indian. Now Australia is taking her turn to do what India did to dent the country's image.

Conclusion : Australia is not China and India can't get away after bashing Australia.

Hmm.. quite a conclusion. Eureka !

Would it imply by this conclusion that India can get away "after China" ?

Hmm.. quite a conclusion. Eureka !

Would it imply by this conclusion that India can get away "after China" ?

Isn't India always getting away with China Bashing ?

If there were backlash for India bashing China then you would no longer find anti-China articles written by Indian Journalists. China simply ignores
anti-China bashing from India rather than bashing back India.

We should remember this next time Aussi hosts a game lets send people with full permission to complain about everything. and see what they say.

If we do what they did (being cry babies), what will be the difference between us and them?

Is their behavior the kind of example we'd like our athletes to follow?

In fact I know even aussies are not like that. Aussies have a never-say-die spirit when it comes to sports and we have so many examples before us.

The team against which India won a test match today in mohali is also aussie. Never heard them complain about anything like this.

In fact so many aussies have toured India in summers and even a moron can tell you how difficult it can be to play in India and that too in summers.

These aussie athletes are acting like sissies even when compared to the behaviour of their own countrymen.

Athletes are supposed to be hardy people and not complain about some heat here and there.

LIVE WITH IT!

Aussie grappler disqualified for obscene gesture

fkiri295.jpg

New Delhi: Australian wrestler Hassene Fkiri was disqualified Tuesday for making an obscene gesture to the judges in the Commonwealth Games 96kg Greco-Roman final, his coach said.

Fkiri, who would have picked up a silver medal, refused to shake hands with Anil Kumar after losing to his Indian opponent, and moments earlier had shown his middle finger to the judges.

Australian coach Kuldi Bassi said: "I didn't actually see anything myself but someone else told me he saw it.

"He's a very nice person normally. He's very good, win or lose. He wasn't unhappy at all (before the fight) -- he was happy to be representing his country."The Indian (Kumar) upset him a bit and was pulling his neck. I told him that was what was going to happen and I think he just lost control. It's very sad and it's bad for the country."

Organisers of the competition were not immediately available for commen

Aussie grappler disqualified for obscene gesture

fkiri295.jpg

New Delhi: Australian wrestler Hassene Fkiri was disqualified Tuesday for making an obscene gesture to the judges in the Commonwealth Games 96kg Greco-Roman final, his coach said.

Fkiri, who would have picked up a silver medal, refused to shake hands with Anil Kumar after losing to his Indian opponent, and moments earlier had shown his middle finger to the judges.

Australian coach Kuldi Bassi said: "I didn't actually see anything myself but someone else told me he saw it.

"He's a very nice person normally. He's very good, win or lose. He wasn't unhappy at all (before the fight) -- he was happy to be representing his country."The Indian (Kumar) upset him a bit and was pulling his neck. I told him that was what was going to happen and I think he just lost control. It's very sad and it's bad for the country."

Organisers of the competition were not immediately available for commen

So much for sportsman spirit. Aussies have generally been poor losers.

The complaint isn't about the weather. The complaint is that they were stuffed in a tunnel with 1,000 people and were made to wait in it for 45 minutes in 40 degree temperatures. It's dangerous to athletes, if they get heat stroke, it could effect their performances.

Performance is a valid concern. Athelete are known to go extra mile to enhance their performance. So many competitions races are won by milli-second differences that a minor inconvenience like this could set an athlete back after years of rigorous training.

The complaint isn't about the weather. The complaint is that they were stuffed in a tunnel with 1,000 people and were made to wait in it for 45 minutes in 40 degree temperatures. It's dangerous to athletes, if they get heat stroke, it could effect their performances.

Let's not talk about probabilities. When it comes to probabilities, it is impossible to take care of each and everything.

Tell me how many of the thousands of athletes from 71 countries got a heat stroke?

Answer: May be a few. How much in percentage? If a majority of the athletes are hardy enough to tolerate the harsh conditions and a tiny number cannot, then it is not the fault of the organisers.

Aussies should have pocket A/C's if they are sooooooooo delicate and averse to tropical heat in the Indian subcontinent.

We have over a billion people who live here bearing this heat.

If aussies can bear extreme cold in some countries (read winter olympics), they should also be able to bear some heat in certain other countries.

Why has no Aussie cricket team ever complained about the harsh subcontinental conditions (and they play for 6-7 hours in summers in India)?

Answer: Because playing in tough conditions is a part and parcel of a sportsperson's life and no sportsperson is worth his/her salt if he/she cannot stand some difficult conditions and always expects five star royal treatment!

What does it prove?

Answer: The conditions might have been difficult but they were certainly not as unbearable as they they are being made out to be.

What now?

Answer: Nothing! Arrangements are made keeping in mind the larger interest of the games and the athletes and not a few whiners out of a crowd of thousands.

Last edited:
A few points.

One the Austlians were complaining because they wern't treated like cattle.

1431cow.jpg

Two leave the New Zealanders out of the argument.

Three what happened to Indian hospitality, these people are guests. Ok they have a complaint you accept that gracefully weather it is correct or not and move on all the damn goras comments just look bad.

Back
Top Bottom