What's new

BAE may cut Typhoon price to win India order

oh eurofighter how you are so beautiful, your air to air capability is just fine and dandy wayyyy better than the Rafale's air to air capability (not saying Rafale is a bad A2A fighter) but your air to ground capability is too rudimentary for the IAF

images

But Im sure that is an area that will come rapidly if india signs with them

Dassault's Rafale fighter jet undercut BAE's Eurofighter Typhoon, an Indian government source told Reuters when the contract was agreed.
Ah! This undercutting suits us to the hilt! Now with each taking turns at undercutting each other, a stage would come when one would probably give us the planes for free!!!! :woot:

The hell with image....India already has a crap image no offence...get more bang for the buck in my opinion...

wtf indias image is better then US the warmongor so control yr imotion we will select which we like no body is gonna tell us what to buy ...understand :angry:

cant u read how many contries are now willing to partner with us now a days :)

It wont work.

Europe tried the same trick for the LCA engine tender. GE won, then Eurojet tried to undercut their price after they lost.

India gets blasted for being corrupt when it comes to arms purchases. In this case, India sets rules, and gives the contract to the company with the best offer that abides by the rules. Now the Europeans want to ignore all the rules in the tender and undercut the whole process by trying to win the tender after its over.

The Europeans are pretty shameless hypocrites in this regard.

LONDON: British defence company BAE Systems is looking at all options to win back a $20 billion tender with the Indian air force, the company's chief executive told the Financial Times on Tuesday.

"I will be discussing with our partners what we do next. In my view, all options are on the table," BAE Chief Executive Ian King was quoted by the FT as saying.

India preferred a bid from France's Dassault aviation last month, after competing with BAE to secure a 126 aircraft contract.

Dassault's Rafale fighter jet undercut BAE's Eurofighter Typhoon, an Indian government source told Reuters when the contract was agreed.

The FT cited King as saying BAE was considering reducing the price of the Typhoon, but needed to consult with its partners in Germany, Italy and Spain on the best options open.

BAE Systems may consider cut to Typhoon price: Report - The Economic Times

BAE may cut Typhoon price to win India order - Telegraph

Such reports will keep on coming until India signs the deal..which has a maximum of 6 months time..thats the maximum time BAE has. However i doubt India will waste more time in this deal, its already a decade since its inception.

Can economies like Spain and Italy afford to sell the planes a cut price?

Its not about money or profit, all it is about job. This deal will create a job fro next 15 years for 10,000s of ppl (Directly and Indirectly). Today unemployment is big issue in Europe,USA and India. If by making less profit Europe can create jobs for 10 thousand ppl. It will be great achievement..

Am I right??

"well usually prices are cut during last bidding...what is its use after loosing the bid?" I agree with the post #5
EFT is L2 bidder, It can win the deal only if Rafael back out. If due to some reason, Rafael can not agree to the deal, L2 bidder will be call. Eurozone must have learnt from there last failure, Last year they lost the bidding for Eurojet engine to GE414. Eurojet was good engine they were offering TVC as well, but there price was higher. They lost the Queen elizabeth class Carrier deal.

I think BAE should change its approach, try to make less profit and generate more job.. Coz it's job what world need...

this news will only help India to get a better bargain against Rafale.
as we can extract much more from them in the commercial negotiations.

Rafale knows that we can simply sideline them & return to EFT if the commercial negotians fail.

Not possible, To do this India has to scrap MMRCA deal and go with fresh direct purchase.. :)

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

what do they want, have they not looted our country enough bastards.

Mind your tongue, Its not Cameron who ruled India. We must not keep grudge for what there ansestors did. we must not lve in past..

Even if the Eurofighter, Team reduce the price by 5% of offered price of Dassault, the new proposal will not be accepted as per MRCA tender terms of Conditions. As per the Terms" the price listed at time of opening the Tender would be the final one which will be the basis for selecting the L1".

Moreover, even if the Eurofighter team give a new proposal which let us "Assume" if is taken (which never will , as it will be insulting to Governments reputation) the Dassulat/French could very well approach Supreme Court for a Verdict.

Only and Only if the negotiations break with Dassault will be L2 allowed in.

Poor Brits....can't control their desperation for the mullah but still their citizens can't stop themselves from cursing India in the comments section in almost every such report.

Dassault wants this deal more than BAE & partners....this deal was do or die for Dassault. EFT on the otherhand has their order books full while India will be first export customer for Rafale.So British Why this Kolaveri Di.

My advice ...buy Rafale from France and one QE class AC from UK (I heard they are planning to mothball one)

Back
Top Bottom