What's new

Bangladesh Navy is getting some extra frigates very soon

bro, those frigates will have c802 and fm90... f22B will also have same armaments... Not sure about radar and stealthy tech though! They are cheap! I do believe this is the right option... We should convince china to sell us one or two of her old destroyers with HQ-16.

I dont think old destroyers are good for our navy. They are very expensive to maintain, furthermore an old destroyer may not even match up to a modern frigate. I think we better shelve our destroyer plans for later(probably after we get our submarines)

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Just one question.. Does BDR exist today? What do you think happened? Even in 71' during your liberation war, Mukti vahini was in the front. Do we need to go for war over one stupid incident....

Btw, congratulations on the new ships. BN certainly needs to shore up its strength.

Yes it does, it is called BGB, whose history dates back to 1795. You think that such a experienced force can be taken out that easily?

uncle bangladesh army never been agressive type

they r always defensive

i dont think he said anything wrong

now stop making enemies :frown:

pakistan china ravan's sri lankan

u want BD as well as ur enemy ??

grandpa that is what my question. when BD is not our enemy why will India agressive against you. We havr issues with China but China isn't our enemy nor friend. and who said sril lanka is our enemy??? .. my point is only why to bring Indian navy in this thread, if you don't see trolling in his post, i can't do anything.

bro, those frigates will have c802 and fm90... f22B will also have same armaments... Not sure about radar and stealthy tech though! They are cheap! I do believe this is the right option... We should convince china to sell us one or two of her old destroyers with HQ-16.

We suppose to only get two frigates from China. I think these two will complete the purchase. We will get some new LOPV though.

We suppose to only get two frigates from China. I think these two will complete the purchase. We will get some new LOPV though.

Those two frigates we are supposed to get are brand new, not 2nd hand ones. These i think is a different purchase, if china is indeed selling these bships to us.

BTW, welcome back :)

Can the thread OP atleast post a reliable source of the specs for these FFGs ? Then only a fair discussion based on the platforms its likely to encounter can be discussed.

#Dont even think of mentioning a naval blockade by India. Our navy is modernizing at a rapid rate. We have more than 50 top of the line destroyers and Frigates currently being constructed across the globe for IN. So against IN u don't stand a chance.

Well, India is a big country requires 10 times more hardware to keep parity with BD. BD navys primary role is to keep Indian navy to a safe distance from our shore which they are doing just fine. Indian navy frigates came near to Chittagong port in 80s which is unthinkable now.

Those two frigates we are supposed to get are brand new, not 2nd hand ones. These i think is a different purchase, if china is indeed selling these bships to us.

BTW, welcome back :)

Thank you. But Hasina only requested for two frigates at her visit to China. We thought we gonna get F-22B new. But there was no news of new frigates to follow that up. I still believe these are two what we are getting.

Thank you. But Hasina only requested for two frigates at her visit to China. We thought we gonna get F-22B new. But there was no news of new frigates to follow that up. I still believe these are two what we are getting.

The f 22B deal was finalised already. However this source about getting 2 second hand frigates is not confirmed as of yet. Wiki says we will get 3 more frigates in addition to the two, but it could be fanboyish stuff. Only time will tell whether these two are ours as well

1. This is unnecessarily veering into a BD vs India discussion. BN's recent development is aimed at securing our maritime resources.

2. Being a very small nation existing beside a massive neighbor we have adopted the Doctrine of Traditional People's War to be conducted in three phases much like the Indonesians. That has been our tradition and history. We rely on our inner strength, the intelligence / innovation of the people, their ability to fight and survive against adversity, and an uncompromising faith in Allah SWT's mercy.

3. In the maritime defense, we are building our coastal / shore defenses like the N Koreans and will adopt Swarming Tactics like Iran. Like Singapore we are building stationary fortresses/aircraft carriers based on the innumerable islands we have. It is the 50 miles narrow Swatch of No Land that we need to guard very well. I believe we are quite okay in our preparedness in defending our hard earned freedom.

Well, India is a big country requires 10 times more hardware to keep parity with BD. BD navys primary role is to keep Indian navy to a safe distance from our shore which they are doing just fine. Indian navy frigates came near to Chittagong port in 80s which is unthinkable now.

Frankly mate, today Indian Navy is far superior to any other Navy in the region bar USN. And in the next 10 years, this lead will only increase. They dont need to come within 300kms of Chittagong port anymore to close it. And almost all capital ships are armed with SAM's like Barak with even LR-area defence-SAM's on their way.

BN procurements, while good, dont exactly make any difference to IN ability to enforce its will. That being said, BD has full unquestionable right to arm itself the way it deems appropriate. But as of now, BN's capability is more oriented towards Myanmar's Navy and directed towards dominating them.

In anycase, India and BD are not hostile and there is no reason to arm against each other for either of them.

What the fcuk will our destroyers do in your territorial waters ? It is only due to some subtle troll like you that most threads turn BD vs IND .

Contribute something useful to the thread.

#We already have K15 with a range of 750KMs. We dont need to come near your shore at all for that matter.

Bro, it is not just about the weapons it carries.

Modern and up-to-date radar and electronic systems do really matter these days. That is the future.
Maintaining old destroyers would be a maintenance nightmare. Forget about it!

We can look into destroyers in the long term after we acquire some submarines.

Bro, it is not just about the weapons it carries.

Modern and up-to-date radar and electronic systems do really matter these days. That is the future.
Maintaining old destroyers would be a maintenance nightmare. Forget about it!

We can look into destroyers in the long term after we acquire some submarines.

You are correct bro. We don't need destroyer right now. We have one Ulsan frigate in BOB. We need at least ten of them to safe guard our EEZ. NO problem if these are armed with C-802 and FM-90N. Also we need maritime fighter aircrafts with refueling capability. :cheers:

You are correct bro. We don't need destroyer right now. We have one Ulsan frigate in BOB. We need at least ten of them to safe guard our EEZ. NO problem if these are armed with C-802 and FM-90N. Also we need maritime fighter aircrafts with refueling capability. :cheers:

Agreed, We definitely need maritime fighter aircraft

Can the thread OP atleast post a reliable source of the specs for these FFGs ? Then only a fair discussion based on the platforms its likely to encounter can be discussed.

#Dont even think of mentioning a naval blockade by India. Our navy is modernizing at a rapid rate. We have more than 50 top of the line destroyers and Frigates currently being constructed across the globe for IN. So against IN u don't stand a chance.

#Our navy is modernizing at a rapid rate. We have more than 50 top of the line destroyers and Frigates currently being constructed across the globe for IN. So against IN u don't stand a chance.
So are Turkeys, KSAian, Iranian, Algerian, UAEian, Malaysian etc. Combine number and quality of their naval toys would be higher and on per with yours. So, naval power of less than 500 Million would be more than 1.2 Billion. Similar arithmetic fits for AF and Army as well. Now you can say that yours is unified but theirs aren't. Well, then boundaries are imaginary but necessity of security isn't. You, Bharat Rakshakers are in a mission to wipe Muslims off of the globe then would imaginary segmentation be a matter for them to encounter you? And for us, the BDians, need to be armed to the teeth by our capacity then the parity would be there by the same doctrine of necessity.

Pakistan didn't give us any submarine. That was a rumor. We don't operate submarine
BRO, do you know the status of the Refurbish Turkey’s Subs that BN supposed to get based on BNP era's engagement? That would have been a good start but has Rawamys eaten up the money like Padma Sethu's one?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom