What's new

Best Ever LCA - Tejas Pics Collection !

Some more pics with insides of Tejas!

01ze3.jpg

02vx3.jpg

01ab3.jpg

P.S. Completed 300 posts with this one. A thanks to all my friends here! You rock, guys!

I found this NAT GEO documentary.I think it was filmed during the PV3 launching.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG the Tejas airframe problem is so obvious can't believe those Indians. Should Pakistan just step in and finish the job to spice things up?

"It may not be what we want, but it is our own aircraft," says the Indian Navy's Flag Officer Naval Aviation (FONA) Rear Admiral Sudhir Pillai on the LCA Navy in an interview to FORCE magazine. He was asked how effective the LCA Navy would be for a carrier-based role given that it "only an eight ton platform". The officer's response: "I wish wish we could straightaway develop a Rafale. But seriously, we have to look at the Indian Navy and it commitment towards indigenisation. I agree that we have made a modest start, but it has been a huge learning experience. LCA Navy will remain a modest platform with an uprated engine which will give us adequate capability at sea. While it is easy to buy from abroad, sometimes it is extremely difficult to support those platforms. Our past experiences tell us that it is worth committing resources to develop our own assets."

Also, unless the LCA Navy decides to fly tomorrow or the day after, looks like it will be missing its December first flight schedule. What a pity.

I have hard time believing that this plane will ever be inducted in Indian air force. The Indian generals and politicians make much more in kickbacks than producing the Tejas in India. The case is similar to Arjun tank. India is still buying Russian tanks and Arjun tank production has stopped.

Good luck Indians. With more wealth comes more corruption.:pakistan:

India doesn't need it but now they are basically making this for the world and not for themselves. Just for show.

OMG the Tejas airframe problem is so obvious can't believe those Indians. Should Pakistan just step in and finish the job to spice things up?

I am an illiterate in avionics. But can you try to explain me, what is the problem you are seeing in the airframe?

we need a more potent design and a lighter yet sturdier airframe. the tejas have a pathetic design and after 30 years of R&D we come up with this? We need something to counter a 4th gen or 4.5 gen threat j-10, JF-17, F-16. we cannot put all the work on MKI or wait for MMRCA orders to arrive. We need to step up the game and take some lessons from China. Nevertheless i am proud of my countrymen for their efforts to increase our security and hats off to them.

we need a more potent design and a lighter yet sturdier airframe. the tejas have a pathetic design and after 30 years of R&D we come up with this? We need something to counter a 4th gen or 4.5 gen threat j-10, JF-17, F-16. we cannot put all the work on MKI or wait for MMRCA orders to arrive. We need to step up the game and take some lessons from China. Nevertheless i am proud of my countrymen for their efforts to increase our security and hats off to them.

What makes you think its a pathetic design?:confused: fighter aircrafts aren't meant to cater to your "airframe design" fetishes

I am an illiterate in avionics. But can you try to explain me, what is the problem you are seeing in the airframe?

There is a reason why my answer doesn't reveal it, I'd rather they figure it out themselves. Quite funny really but the airframe is not the only problem, that's something everyone knows.

how much do you know about designing an aircraft?? I am sure you still have hard time making a paper plane. LOL

There is a reason why my answer doesn't reveal it, I'd rather they figure it out themselves. Quite funny really but the airframe is not the only problem, that's something everyone knows.

i think you need some consultation, here comes my help.

consult some members of this forum itself who are not from india...... storm force from europe

and a lady member from usa whose name i forgot.. i request senior indian members to provide it soon.

Back
Top Bottom