What's new

Best Ever LCA - Tejas Pics Collection !

Indian&

lcawt1.jpg

What make Su30 mki in different color and name it Baaz or Cheel or Garud.... :)

IIRC, IAF has taken a decision of not renaming the foreign fighters.

I support them. No matter the name, the airframe has got "russia" written all over it!

And "Su30 mki" has achieved an aura of it's own, bas yeh naam hi kaafi hai!;)

Though we have not been very good at naming our own jets except maybe Marut. Hansa, Saras, Sitara, Deepak, Krishak, Tejas (sorry!;))! All of them sound kinda insipid!

I hope they name the LCH well (Hell, name it "Kala Rakshas" for all I care; but no more wimpy names):rofl:

give su 30 mki a good paint job and some changes and call it Bangalore-20 or Chennai-36!!thats how we can learn from china!!

sukhoi mki should have been called maya/mki ,,
it would have gone well..:cheers::cheers:

maya :a powerful force that creates the cosmic illusion that the phenomenal world is real. The word maya originally referred to the wizardry with which a god can make human beings believe in what turns out to be an illusion, and its philosophical sense is an extension of this meaning. The concept is especially important in the Advaita school of the orthodox system of Vedanta, which sees maya as the cosmic force that presents the infinite Brahman as the finite phenomenal world...:cheesy::cheesy:

check out this mind blowing video:

/watch?v=xuNd8tKm0UA&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
IIRC, IAF has taken a decision of not renaming the foreign fighters.

I support them. No matter the name, the airframe has got "russia" written all over it!

And "Su30 mki" has achieved an aura of it's own, bas yeh naam hi kaafi hai!;)

Though we have not been very good at naming our own jets except maybe Marut. Hansa, Saras, Sitara, Deepak, Krishak, Tejas (sorry!;))! All of them sound kinda insipid!

I hope they name the LCH well (Hell, name it "Kala Rakshas" for all I care; but no more wimpy names):rofl:

lol loved u r reply,

however, u r information on renaming of foreign ac is partly correct.

mig 27 are known as bahadur
jaguars are called shamsher
an-32 are sutluj.
Il-76 are called gajraj
Mirages are called vajras.

its only recently, that govt has avoided renaming foreign fighters. on that front u r bang on.

howevr, there is nothing wrong with above mentioned names. i personally find them "cool". they bring out lot of local flavour.

Noob question but can someone please explain me why the compound delta wing of the Tejas can't incorporate wingtip hardpoints like those on cropped delta wing aircraft like the JF-17 and F-16's to carry dogfighting missiles like ASRAAM and IRIS-T?Also can more hardpoints be added?Is that possible in the fuselage?

Of all the options was the Derby a good one for the standard BVRAAM missile?Will the R-77 be used along with the Derby for Tejas?

Lastly is the hardpoint on the port side intake used only for mounting targeting pods?If they are used for weapons stations why not another one on the starboard side intake?

lol loved u r reply,

however, u r information on renaming of foreign ac is partly correct.

mig 27 are known as bahadur
jaguars are called shamsher
an-32 are sutluj.
Il-76 are called gajraj
Mirages are called vajras.

its only recently, that govt has avoided renaming foreign fighters. on that front u r bang on.

howevr, there is nothing wrong with above mentioned names. i personally find them "cool". they bring out lot of local flavour.

SU-30MKI called the Rambha...
The nickname is an unofficial one ..

Noob question but can someone please explain me why the compound delta wing of the Tejas can't incorporate wingtip hardpoints like those on cropped delta wing aircraft like the JF-17 and F-16's to carry dogfighting missiles like ASRAAM and IRIS-T?Also can more hardpoints be added?Is that possible in the fuselage?

Of all the options was the Derby a good one for the standard BVRAAM missile?Will the R-77 be used along with the Derby for Tejas?

Lastly is the hardpoint on the port side intake used only for mounting targeting pods?If they are used for weapons stations why not another one on the starboard side intake?

AFAIK, that has nothing to do with the design of the delta wing, because comparable Gripen and Rafale delta wings has wingtip stations as well (EF use it for the ESM pod), but with how strengthened the wing is. Some members talked with officials at Aero India about it and it seems that more stations requires a re-design of the wing as well, which might caused more time for development of MK2.
More hardpoints at the fuselage, especially for missiles seems not to be possible, unless you change the location of the gear bay. The station you mean is for targeting, or recce pods and if at all, smaller dumb bombs maybe. Missilles, or PGMs instead should be too heavy.

Derby is at least imo surprising, because it rules out R77, which is already available in numbers and would be the more logical gap filler till Astra is ready. On the other side, it will be integrated for IN anyway, that has the weapon for Sea Harriers now. Israeli weapons are for sure capable, but I had would have prefered Python V. The WVR missile so far is still R73 and I think that's a bid old now and we must have a better alternative for the future, be it indigenous (co-developed with the Maitri SAM for example), or foreign.

AFAIK, that has nothing to do with the design of the delta wing, because comparable Gripen and Rafale delta wings has wingtip stations as well (EF use it for the ESM pod), but with how strengthened the wing is. Some members talked with officials at Aero India about it and it seems that more stations requires a re-design of the wing as well, which might caused more time for development of MK2.
More hardpoints at the fuselage, especially for missiles seems not to be possible, unless you change the location of the gear bay. The station you mean is for targeting, or recce pods and if at all, smaller dumb bombs maybe. Missilles, or PGMs instead should be too heavy.

Derby is at least imo surprising, because it rules out R77, which is already available in numbers and would be the more logical gap filler till Astra is ready. On the other side, it will be integrated for IN anyway, that has the weapon for Sea Harriers now. Israeli weapons are for sure capable, but I had would have prefered Python V. The WVR missile so far is still R73 and I think that's a bid old now and we must have a better alternative for the future, be it indigenous (co-developed with the Maitri SAM for example), or foreign.

Thanks for the answer.I wanted to ask are the Typhoon, Rafale and Gripen Compund Delta Canard wings or Cropped Delta Canard Wings?Because they look very similar to cropped dleta wings aircraft like F-16 and not compound delta winged ones.
I'll show some photos for comparison

Gripen Wings
2006JASGripen2JM.jpg

Rafale Wings
Elemento-de-Rafale-com-turbinas-em-p%C3%B3s-combust%C3%A3o-foto-via-Dassault-Aviation-revista-Fox-three-n14.JPG

Typhoon Wings
2800349457_d1a47d95d4_o.jpg

F-16 Wings
f16_schem_01.gif

and LCA Wings for comparison
lca20tejas20topgunchenar4-726756.jpg

It's not the same as Rafale and Typhoon.

I was hoping either ASRAAM, MICA EM/IR and Metoer when available or R-73 and R-77's.Python-5 is fully compatible with the Tejas?So in the end it's standard A2A load will be Derby and R-73's and later Astra?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom