What's new

Best Ever LCA - Tejas Pics Collection !

We don't know what the remaining 3 LSPs will have, do we?

The reason for any tejas not having a refueling robe until now is IOC does not require Mid air refueling. However, it will be proved on the production version of the LCA as it is a requirement to get FOC.

There was also talk of NP2 of NLCA having a refueling probe.
In current LCA configuration I dont see a place where they can fit in a refuelling probe and drauge. and like Sancho said there was not a single model which showed a probe anywhere, the use of fuel tanks is the only choice but here comes the prroblem, with a low weapon capacity the fuel tank could only be a problem to the LCA weapons load.

Refueling probee may not come in LCA Mk1, but in Mk2, but once MK2 is rolled out then they will upgrade the mk1 to Mk2 standard.

Sancho bhai beat me to it! These are indeed Mirage 2k (note the position of the air intakes).

Mid air refuelling is a target for FOC not IOC.

IMHO, we may see Mid air refuelling in LCA mk1 production version.

According to this news discussing locating LCA in Sulur...

If this is true what you have mentioned.. Please open your mouth i am throwing sweets from here :D

In current LCA configuration I dont see a place where they can fit in a refuelling probe and drauge. and like Sancho said there was not a single model which showed a probe anywhere, the use of fuel tanks is the only choice but here comes the prroblem, with a low weapon capacity the fuel tank could only be a problem to the LCA weapons load.

Refueling probee may not come in LCA Mk1, but in Mk2, but once MK2 is rolled out then they will upgrade the mk1 to Mk2 standard.

But sirjee ... Refuel probe is an advantage because already we have a range of 1000 km of internal Fuel... We can drop the drop tanks and go for mid air refuel.. and I guess the space will be a issue as you have mentioned.. some how we have to squeeze to accommodate this .. As Sancho mentioned i too feel the same that it will be in MK-2 because LSP-5 will be the production variant as HAL chairman mentioned.. and they are increasing the body length of MK-2 to accommodate more internal Fuel ... which means They dont want drop tanks in MK-2 but a Mid-air re fuller probe ...

But sirjee ... Refuel probe is an advantage because already we have a range of 1000 km of internal Fuel... We can drop the drop tanks and go for mid air refuel.. and I guess the space will be a issue as you have mentioned.. some how we have to squeeze to accommodate this .. As Sancho mentioned i too feel the same that it will be in MK-2 because LSP-5 will be the production variant as HAL chairman mentioned.. and they are increasing the body length of MK-2 to accommodate more internal Fuel ... which means They dont want drop tanks in MK-2 but a Mid-air re fuller probe ...
Actually the lack of a probe is a major design flaw in LCA. When you know that you have a lower weapon capacity, and you hve a lesser internal fuel. probe must have been the first priority. that way we could have ensured that LCA retain its flight in tough conditions.

Mk2 will come with a probe for sure, and as you said the engine itself is big and length will be increased with better internal fuel capacity, it will be a nice and deadly fighter then.

As of now we can say the experiment has been successful.

Actually the lack of a probe is a major design flaw in LCA. When you know that you have a lower weapon capacity, and you hve a lesser internal fuel. probe must have been the first priority. that way we could have ensured that LCA retain its flight in tough conditions.

Do you have any definitive source on the "design" of LCA to say that there is no provision on LCA for a probe?

I find this statement a wee bit difficult to digest.

In current LCA configuration I dont see a place where they can fit in a refuelling probe and drauge. and like Sancho said there was not a single model which showed a probe anywhere,

There is "space" on tejas for a probe connecting to the fuselage main fuel tank through a frontal fuel tank. I'm pretty sure of that.

I also came across a few sources who told me that IFR has been tested in one of the PV series. Trying to find more on that.

We don't know what the remaining 3 LSPs will have, do we?

The reason for any tejas not having a refueling robe until now is IOC does not require Mid air refueling. However, it will be proved on the production version of the LCA as it is a requirement to get FOC.

There was also talk of NP2 of NLCA having a refueling probe.

That's what I meant, we didn't see any hint for it on any LSP we saw yet! By the fact that they want to induct LCA MK1 as soon as possible and that IAF sees the MK1 only as a less capable gap filler, I don't think they want this capability for them now. I would expect them only as retrofit upgrades and as I said important for the MK2 instead.

... and they are increasing the body length of MK-2 to accommodate more internal Fuel ... which means They dont want drop tanks in MK-2 but a Mid-air re fuller probe ...

From recent reports it is known that the wings will be bigger to increase internal fuel and not the airframe itself. There are some changes at the fuselage and air intakes, but they should be needed to integrate the new engine. Also even with more internal fuel, they will drop tanks too, because with any weapon load the combat range will be reduced. In flight refuelling gives the advantage to extend the range, but more important the endurance, because the fighters don't have to land to refuel.

Don't you think its better to do the discussion at specific thread ? ? As it name suggest its for images ... Just a suggestion.

Don't you think its better to do the discussion at specific thread ? ? As it name suggest its for images ... Just a suggestion.

Correct suggestion! Let us move this discussion in LCA sticky.

Kya kare, control hi nahi hota! :lol:

Do you have any definitive source on the "design" of LCA to say that there is no provision on LCA for a probe?

I find this statement a wee bit difficult to digest.

There is "space" on tejas for a probe connecting to the fuselage main fuel tank through a frontal fuel tank. I'm pretty sure of that.

I also came across a few sources who told me that IFR has been tested in one of the PV series. Trying to find more on that.
iam replying in LCA sticky

IMG_0648-756022.JPG

HALI00-780752.jpg

HALI02-782225.jpg

AESA for AWACS = Yes.
AESA for LCA/AMCA = ?

Xinix bhai, this old news may be of some help.

Project Uttam

India's home-grown AESA radar effort will soon finalise a developent partner, reports The Indian Express.

According to the report, a progressive downselect since December -- when the DRDO first invited bids -- has come down to Israel's Elta and EADS Defence & Security, following the elimination of Selex, Phazotron and Thales.
Oh, and by the way, I hear the LCA AESA is being developed under something called "Project Uttam".

EXCLUSIVE: India's LCA AESA Radar Programme Detailed

fully solid-state X-band radar is being developed with the following modes:

Air-to-Air: Multi-target detection and tracking / Multi target ACM (Air-to-Air combat mode) / High resolution raid assessment

Air-to-Ground: High Resolution mapping (SAR mode) / AGR – Air to Ground Ranging / RBM – Real Beam Mapping / DBS – Doppler Beam Sharpening / Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI) / Ground Moving Target Tracking (GMTT) / Terrain Avoidance (TA)

Air-to-Sea: Sea search and multi target tracking / Range Signature (RS) / Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR)

There is definitely some movement on that front!:cheers:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom