What's new

Better governance makes South India surge ahead of the North

You are spot on..Brutally you are true...Unfortunately...I am from one of the BIMARU state too..:laugh:

Thank you my dear. Thank you.

Accepting ones own follies is the first step towards the long road towards improvement.

Best wishes for the people living in the so called BIMARU states. There is a great awakening going on. Who knows those all may become the top states one day.

peace

Main problem caste/honour kiling in rural areas,and bloody politicians corruption.

I would suggest you should have 6-8 lane express highway/frieght corridor running from delhi and crossing all teh eastern states and from calcutta go to Bangladesh and till agartala and mizoram going to burma , since burma has opened its econmy, it will be good economic sense for all the countries , bangladesh, india, maynammar..it is similar to like someone travelling from alaska to mainland usa, crosses canada and goes back to US...

There are couple of initiatives beyond linking with the mainland going on -

1. India has taken the onus to upgrade current bridges and road network in Burma so that North east will be linked to Thailand by 2016 which will link up North east with Indochina and will contribute to the economic development is underway - MMS and Thein Sein had signed a accord in this regard
2. Alternate route from mainland which will reduce few hundred kms of travel from mainland India to North east has been taken by India - Kaladan river project where the goods will be moved from Kolkatta port to Sittwe port in Burma and from there into Mizoram through Kaladan river is underway

Beyond that, Burma and India are exploring railway network as well. So it is a matter of time North East will start growing.

These BIRAMU states were created because of Politics on basis of Caste & Tribe ...

This Country is one , Culture is one , Religion is one ... dont try to divide it ...

Only solution is to segregate some of the larger Northern states into smaller administrative regions and only than can they expect better governance.I mean one single central administration cannot be expected to effectively administer huge states like UP!!??

Only solution is to segregate some of the larger Northern states into smaller administrative regions and only than can they expect better governance.I mean one single central administration cannot be expected to effectively administer huge states like UP!!??

You call governance in Karnataka, 'quality governance'??? :woot: BJP just got decimated purely due to NON governance! These buggers did NOTHING except fighting amongst themselves and making their billions.

Have you even been to Karnataka's capitol - Bangalore? It looks and feels worse than a town of Sub Saharan Africa! The muck and crap on the streets, the broken pavements, uncovered ditches and manholes, mounds of rubble from incomplete works, and f!lth lying all over the place! It sucks!

And you call this 'good governance'? Then I wonder how bad it would get with 'bad governance'!! :what:

I included all the states which are traditionally called north, have considerable similarity in language, culture etc... in other words closest to hindi heart land.
You can add or remove states as per your wish. Not many will include bihar in east India although it looks so in the map.

Seems you took it in most narrowest sense and I took in broadest. Let people decide what is referred to when people talk about north-south divide.
North India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again it's a question of perception. But clearly, any person who sees the map would put bihar , Chattisgarh jharkhand ,orissa in the East.

also there is quite a lot of difference between people of Bihar and Punjab/J & K or even Haryana/Western UP and Eastern UP.

Maps also like to put Afghanistan in South Asia when they have more in common with Central Asia than with the South. Some maps also include Pakistan in the middle -east. Point being , I take these maps with a pinch of salt. for some outsider like you, maps like this may seem convenient but for somebody who lives here they seem comical.

I think you need to read a little bit on Indian history especially, NE. Insurgency did begin in NE, Mizoram was the first state to be created due to militancy. But as a whole situation was normal till 1984...when Assam agitation started. All major militant groups including ULFA, NSCN, BLT, NDFB were founded in 1980's and were in their peak in mid and late 80's. And then one after another militant group emerged.

Please, I know you have a red flag which gives you a licence to write crap/troll in PDF. But please stop wasting your time in matters where nobody gives a damn no matter what you write. If you got nothing to do, go out for a jog.

Isn't it a fact that insurgency in Punjab started in the 80s ended in the 90s ? Isnt it fact that insurgency in NE is still active although at a much lower magnitude than 80s and 90s ?

India Fatalities :: South Asia Terrorism portal

Check out the stats for Punjab and check out the stats for NE. Even today there is some insurgency related death and violence in NE ,whereas, little to no violence in Punjab.

Lack of attention from the Central Govt. is a major problem but so is insurgency and ethnic violence in NE.

Again it's a question of perception. But clearly, any person who sees the map would put bihar , Chattisgarh jharkhand ,orissa in the East.

also there is quite a lot of difference between people of Bihar and Punjab/J & K or even Haryana/Western UP and Eastern UP.

Maps also like to put Afghanistan in South Asia when they have more in common with Central Asia than with the South. Some maps also include Pakistan in the middle -east. Point being , I take these maps with a pinch of salt. for some outsider like you, maps like this may seem convenient but for somebody who lives here they seem comical.

Well, I have given links which lends some credence to my claim. Do you have any links that claim bihar to be in east India.
chattisgarh is nowhere in east.
In my previous post I clearly said why it is considered north india(although it looks like in east to a person looking at map) in most political/social analysis (OP is not stating something new).

agree that bihar has little in common with haryana, but its commonality with eastern states like bengal or orissa is even less(language/food especially)
Most people know what I am talking about, being there hardly makes your point more valid.
You are welcome to draw lines on maps and declare what is what. :cheers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bihar

Guys the main reason of Jharkhand and Bihar being backward and poverty stricken is jus bcoz of Naxalism!

Its not tht the government is not paying attention to these states...but the naxal menace jus doesnt allow these 2-3 states to grow at a certain rate(however Bihar seems to be doing pretty well under Nitish Kumar).
Atleast half of the money sanctioned for various development projects is eaten up by corrupt politicians and the rest wich goes into use is then eaten up by the naxals as "Protection money"(called 'levi' in local lang.) from the pricate contractors who r engaged in development of infra in these states.

Till the time naxalism is present the development of these states is not possible(specially in cse of Jharkhand and Chattishgarh).

Despite gifted with large mineral reserves these states are so behind.
Its really sad.!

Guys the main reason of Jharkhand and Bihar being backward and poverty stricken is jus bcoz of Naxalism!

Its not tht the government is not paying attention to these states...but the naxal menace jus doesnt allow these 2-3 states to grow at a certain rate(however Bihar seems to be doing pretty well under Nitish Kumar).
Atleast half of the money sanctioned for various development projects is eaten up by corrupt politicians and the rest wich goes into use is then eaten up by the naxals as "Protection money"(called 'levi' in local lang.) from the pricate contractors who r engaged in development of infra in these states.

Till the time naxalism is present the development of these states is not possible(specially in cse of Jharkhand and Chattishgarh).

Despite gifted with large mineral reserves these states are so behind.
Its really sad.!
Lets see what biharis think about it... @Jha

Lets see what biharis think about it... @Jha

Bihari here, naxalism being the cause of backwardness in Bihar is absolute balderdash.

The reasons are- extreme dependence on the monsoon for the agricultural sector..and caste..CASTE is the BIGGEST factor..try and go to my village and interact with the people..wait let me amend that "my part of my village"...the Bhumiyar's will first ask you your caste and then talk to you accordingly...if I were to go up to them and state that I do not believe in the bullf$%K they've peddled..even in my own extended family about "our superiority"- I'd be dead within the hour.

Back
Top Bottom