What's new

Bose, Not Gandhi, Ended British Rule In India: Ambedkar

First part of your post may not be entirely true, ordinary Bengalis didn't want Mir Jafar as their ruler, but they were barely involved in the Nawabi politics. We still label anyone doing any act of treachery or back-stabbing as "Mir Jafar"!

History books deals with each fragment of events in such details that the whole picture goes missing. Check the museum of the Victoria Memorial, on its wall the entire history of British Raj is nicely presented by breaking it year on year and highlighting the major events in brief, with pictures, quotes, etc. If you go through it from the beginning, you won't feel like we are getting occupied in the initial years, by the time British started taking administrative control of entire India, they were deeply entrenched everywhere. It was a clever step by step process, in the initial years even British didn't know that eventually they will take control of the entire country, it happened as they keep on growing like a damn pimple like thing grows into cancer.
Dada,i know what i said there might not be exactly true but the fact is that i was trying to pay him back in his own coins for his deliberate attempt to malign Netaji or for that matter the entire Bengali community.You know that i consider myself as an Indian first and then a Bengali but i was forced to counter him after he started this mud slinging contest against Netaji for apparently no reason at all.This has got nothing to do with Bengali nationalism.I would have defended any other freedom fighter in the same manner like the way i tried to defend Netaji.Our freedom fighters(irrespective of their caste,creed and religion) fought against the mighty British empire for the sake of our Motherland and i believe it's our moral duty to honor and respect their contribution to our freedom struggle.That's all!!
Btw,how's voting going on in your area??Have you cast your vote yet:)?? I have already cast mine and have successfully persuaded my mom to go and cast her vote as well;)

Definitely not defending the Nehrus nor Gandhis, but I tend to stick to one topic at a time and discuss/debate it through to gain as much insight into the topic as possible.

But as a matter of fact established over a long term it can be seen that you come and post ONLY WHEN you're defending nehru and Gandhi family against bose.

Why ?

Again, genuine question.

Why not any other topic even regarding nehru ?

You're nowhere to be seen.

Thank you !

So you are going to believe a person who goes chasing after conspiracy theories and ghosts but not believe actual documented history?
Netaji was a good leader in the congress party. He had differences of opinion with other leaders in the party and ended up resigning instead of playing politics, which every politician is supposed TO DO!! He goes and shakes hands with one of the vilest men in human history, resurrects the defunct Indian national army, and with the help of the imperial Japanese army, who believed in their own brand of racism and bigotry, ran amok in the east and south east Asia, slaughtering in hundreds and thousands, the 'racially inferior' people. INA was routed, lost miserably. It was disbanded, and by any accounts was a failure.
And you people still blindly worship Netaji after all this and believe he was responsible for Indian independence?
The author speaks of 'declassified documents' and 'testimonies'. I havent seen them anywhere. Neither are their sources for these documents or testimonies. So why should I believe them?
Are you seriously trying to reason with people here? why waste your time and energy?

Actually, it was Hitler, not Bose and Gandhi who indirectly gave India its freedom. Hitler's devastation of Europe(U.K included) and military and economic waned power, Churchil's election defeat and the Labour prime minister Clement Atlee who was a de-colonist who were responsible for India's freedom. Bose and his few thousand soldiers, didn't make any impact militarily.

Are you seriously trying to reason with people here? why waste your time and energy?

True. It's not negotiable for some.

His reasons fall apart very soon. All he is left with is if Subhas had, then India is a Japanese colony. Totally false assumption based on personal opinion. He uses it to cheerlead for Gandhi family starting from motilal Nehru.

So, do not appear so sympathetic to a mess of opinions without a fact.

Actually, it was Hitler, not Bose and Gandhi who indirectly gave India its freedom. Hitler's devastation of Europe(U.K included) and military and economic waned power, Churchil's election defeat and the Labour prime minister Clement Atlee who was a de-colonist who were responsible for India's freedom. Bose and his few thousand soldiers, didn't make any impact militarily.

The final blow was dealt by the treatment meted out to subhas's men.

Not nehru's men, not Gandhi's men. English were used to belting them day in day out in 2 shifts. Employing Indians to do it for a piece of bread and a government uniform. They would have belted them for 10 more years. Till 1957. And If, by Jove, if the British could have recovered from ww2 fast enough to get a military grip on India by 1957, basically recovered in 10 years, Mark my words, we still, in 2015 would have been under British rule. Why ? US is with them, see Falklands islands. HAHAHA !!! Who was stopping them ? Gandhi ? Nehru ? LoL, that song has been running since 1920s. British were comfortable with it. It was a staged opposition for them. Any problem go talk to Gandhi, ALL will be ok. If needed, find a scapegoat and hang him publicly. Like bhagat singh.

So yes, bose has that credit. Believe it or not.

Last edited:
Not nehru's men, not Gandhi's men. English were used to belting them day in day out in 2 shifts. Employing Indians to do it for a piece of bread and a government uniform. They would have belted them for 10 more years. Till 1957. And If, by Jove, if the British could have recovered from ww2 fast enough to get a military grip on India by 1957, basically recovered in 10 years, Mark my words, we still, in 2015 would have been under British rule. Why ? US is with them, see Falklands islands. HAHAHA !!! Who was stopping them ? Gandhi ? Nehru ? LoL, that song has been running since 1920s. British were comfortable with it. It was a staged opposition for them. Any problem go talk to Gandhi, ALL will be ok. If needed, find a scapegoat and hang him publicly. Like bhagat singh.

So yes, bose has that credit. Believe it or not.
There was no "final blow". Bose gave up long before WW2 got over.
Its nice to invent new theories to feel better about ourselves, but in the end, we got conquered and got freedom by the will of the same conquerors. And that's that. What Bose and gandhi can claim credit for is making the land stick together after independenc. Without a freedom movement, we would have not been part of the same country but separate republics. The freedom movement build up and idea of togetherness and that helped in keeping this country together in one piece.

There was no "final blow". Bose gave up long before WW2 got over.
Its nice to invent new theories to feel better about ourselves, but in the end, we got conquered and got freedom by the will of the same conquerors. And that's that. What Bose and gandhi can claim credit for is making the land stick together after independenc. Without a freedom movement, we would have not been part of the same country but separate republics. The freedom movement build up and idea of togetherness and that helped in keeping this country together in one piece.

LoL..if the royaly navy mutiny was not enough, what was ? It was the royal navy mutiny which was, was, the final blow. And yes, bose wasn't there. I think that makes it more stronger. His effort and it's direct repercussions.

There has always been kings with their kingdom. India always existed. And the task of getting them to join India goes to patel. Ballab bhai patel. Have you heard of him ? You seem to have a different account of history altogether. Have you read about Indian freedom fight ? You should. They didn't put together India. Lol...they were already digging for an independent India. Not independent provinces. Bhagat Singh didn't die for Punjab. LoL...

LoL..if the royaly navy mutiny was not enough, what was ? It was the royal navy mutiny which was, was, the final blow. And yes, bose wasn't there. I think that makes it more stronger. His effort and it's direct repercussions.

There has always been kings with their kingdom. India always existed. And the task of getting them to join India goes to patel. Ballab bhai patel. Have you heard of him ? You seem to have a different account of history altogether. Have you read about Indian freedom fight ? You should. They didn't put together India. Lol...they were already digging for an independent India. Not independent provinces. Bhagat Singh didn't die for Punjab. LoL...
Read what i wrote "Without a freedom movement, we would have not been part of the same country but separate republics. The freedom movement build up and idea of togetherness and that helped in keeping this country together in one piece." The freedom movement didnt begin with gandhi, it started before that.

You mean the mutiny which was crushed subsequently? Seriously, this was the turning point? If the british jailed and hanged the mutineers what would they have done? Nothing!!

Read what i wrote "Without a freedom movement, we would have not been part of the same country but separate republics. The freedom movement build up and idea of togetherness and that helped in keeping this country together in one piece." The freedom movement didnt begin with gandhi, it started before that.

You mean the mutiny which was crushed subsequently? Seriously, this was the turning point? If the british jailed and hanged the mutineers what would they have done? Nothing!!

I read what you wrote, and I'm telling you it's garbage. India did exist long before freedom fighters. LoL...you're talking that pakistani line that India did not exist before 1947 but Pakistan did. There is a thread too, ancient Pakistan 600 bc. Lol..I mean, the first line of the thread starts with the candid admission that Pakistan has been used to replace Indus valley civilization, and then went on to describe IVC with Pakistan replacing the name indus valley. And he gets 3-4 +ve ratings. Mega LoL..

See the name. Indus. The previous name of the land as it was called by non Indians. Non Indians. Indians called it bharat. Bharat. Indus was called by rest of the world. Not us.

Did you read ? Bhagat Singh did not die for Punjab. Nobody from Punjab died for Punjab to be free. It means that punjabis have always died for India. Punjab was just a name of the province. But it was bharat, the land of us dharmic people. Hindu, Buddhist, jain people later Sikhs. Same can't be said about any other migrant in India. They will never think of this land of their own. LoL...they will come up wit theories to make it the reality outside their head. It's all understandable actually.

Last edited:
I read what you wrote, and I'm telling you it's garbage. India existed before freedom fighters. LoL...you're talking that pakistani line that India did not exist before but Pakistan did. There is a thread too, ancient Pakistan 600 bc. Lol

Did you read ? Bhagat Singh did not die for Punjab. Nobody from Punjab died for Punjab to be free. It means that punjabis have always does for India. Punjab was just a name of the province.

It means that bhagat singh
You are saying the same line as china which cites ancient kingdoms and conquers land now because some chinese moron king didnt have a better job to do than to that attack and conquer neighbouring countries.
If we calculate the time this land was under a single hindu kingdom, to multiple kingdoms and under external conquered, the time we were divided and conquered is much more than we were under a single hindu "sons of the soil" raj.
Yes and bhagat singh was part of the "freedom struggle" fighting a common enemy, the british who was all over this country.

You are saying the same line as china which cites ancient kingdoms and conquers land now because some chinese moron king didnt have a better job to do than to that attack and conquer neighbouring countries.
If we calculate the time this land was under a single hindu kingdom, to multiple kingdoms and under external conquered, the time we were divided is much more than we were under a single rule.
Yes and bhagat singh was part of the "freedom struggle" fighting a common enemy, the british who was all over this country.

More garbage. Read my post again. I edited it.

More garbage. Read my post again. I edited it.
Irony.

You dont cite an exception and build upon it. You cite a rule. The rule is this land in most of its time was a divided land, and a conquered land. The exception is for a very little perioid of time we were under a single hindu "sons of the raj" rule. And that's the reality.

I dont care what the pakistan's say. they are nothing more than a effluent of external invasion. They are just a conquered people in search of a history.

Irony.

You dont cite an exception and build upon it. You cite a rule. The rule is this land in most of its time was a divided land, and a conquered land. The exception is for a very little perioid of time we were under a single hindu "sons of the raj" rule. And that's the reality.

Nope. Only the Hindus in the land of India who converted to Islam for a piece of bone in their daal, ie lentils got conquered. Rest British used this land as a place of resources. They did not go around converting people and making pseudo Christians out of them. By force.

Rest raj thing, I don't even know what you're trying to say, say it point blank, no ?

Back
Top Bottom