What's new

Capability jump: IAF looks to buy fifth-generation F-35 fighter

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...h-generation-f-35-fighter-118021401246_1.html

It is learnt the IAF wants to procure 126 of the variant called F-35A - the air force version of the fighter that incorporates "conventional take-off and landing"

In what would be a huge capability jump, the Indian Air Force (IAF) is increasingly interested in procuring the American F-35 Lightning II for its depleting fighter fleet.

Business Standard learns the IAF top brass is formally requesting for a classified briefing by the F-35’s prime builder, Lockheed Martin, on the capabilities of the sophisticated, fifth-generation fighter developed under the US Joint Strike Fighter programme.The US government has not formally offered the F-35 to India. A classified briefing would require formal clearance from the US Department of Defence (the Pentagon) and the State Department. The grant of such a clearance would be an important first step towards permitting the sale of F-35s to India.It is learnt the IAF wants to procure 126 of the variant called F-35A – the air force version of the fighter that incorporates “conventional take-off and landing”, or CTOL.

More in the article.

india doesn't need the F-35. With the huge success of tejas lca, india no longer needs to procure any advanced fighter jets from abroad but now has the ability to produce them herself. india already gas nearly completed design on a new 6th generation fighter jet that even the Americans, Russians and Chinese can't even build. tejas lca already has many buyers in the West and beyond.

FGFA IS VERSION OF Su57 bro
I know. That's why I said Su57. Since 'everyone' knows that's fact. I'm tired of calling it FGFA since it's a generic term.

But anyway, the joint project is now called PMF. Perspective Multi-role Fighter. A fighter that India will have equal rights on. At least that's the idea.

I just find Su57 easy, since we're all experts here.:crazy_pilot:

Point is, if they are able to buy only 16 of these fighters in the next five years, what's with us to counter them?

Point is, if they are able to buy only 16 of these fighters in the next five years, what's with us to counter them?
Not possible sir after 2025 may be yesand as for counter i think only solution is to buy J-20/J-31:(

Not possible sir after 2025 may be yesand as for counter i think only solution is to buy J-20/J-31:(

I don't think we will be able to buy J-20 due to restrictions on its exports.. J-31 yes.. but is it financially feasible?

maybe India should also team up with Korea and Japan and turkey for their 5th gen fighters as well.. oh - might as well add China and have the a la carte of 5th gen fighters.

I don't think we will be able to buy J-20 due to restrictions on its exports.. J-31 yes.. but is it financially feasible?
Yes sir i know but J-31 with avionics develop from j-20 avionics its is possible j20 unit price is 120 to 140 millions whereas j31 price will be 80 to 100 millions and paf don't want to induct hundreds of j31 in its fleets 40 50 will be enough for Pakistan

maybe India should also team up with Korea and Japan and turkey for their 5th gen fighters as well.. oh - might as well add China and have the a la carte of 5th gen fighters.
No bro f35 is finished product those 5th gen jets you're referring to will come after 2030

Nothing....

Best way to induct hal tejas with full swing and work with Russia or US in AMCA.

Fgfa .... Complete this job.. that's it

I think India will go for both the F-35 and the Su-57. India has the money and the political clout for both.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom