What's new

Capability jump: IAF looks to buy fifth-generation F-35 fighter

J-20 is equivalent to F-22.. so I don't think your government will allow it to be exported to Pakistan.

F-35 can be compared to J-31, which can be exported..
Nothing is impossible, it depends. I bet PAF will induct AZM before India get F35.

Rafale GTG was initiated in May-June 2015 and was completed by Jan 2016. Contract was signed in Sept 2016 because they had to wait for a new year for budgetary allocation post monsoon season.

Even MMRCA negotiations finished in 6 months, everything after that was just about haggling about costs that come from procedure changes due to differences in production processes HAL wanted to employ, followed by budget allocation problems.

If FMS negotiations for the F-35 begin, the process won't take longer than 6 months. Allocation will bring in delays, like it did with Rafale, but it will go through.
Lol take ur alternative facts elsewhere. Let me teach u about ur own country...

- MMRCA competition to acquire 126 jets was initiated by the UPA government in 2007.

- The MMRCA competition formally commenced in 2011.

- The Rafale won the estimated $11-15 billion deal in 2012

- On April 10 2015, Modi announced the purchase of 36 Rafale aircraft in “fly-away condition” for $8.7 billion, instead of the 126 fighters.

- Then being unable to negotiate on agreeable terms, India and France missed the July 2015 target of finalizing the 36-aircraft agreement.

- On 23 September 2016, Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his French counterpart signed the contract for the purchase of 36 off-the-shelf Rafales.

So from the announcement in 2007 and the final agreement in 2016 it took India 9 years to reach an agreement.

As for license production, it depends. With the passing of the MDP law, India is now treated on par with countries like the UK, Turkey, Japan etc. We can buy whatever NATO can buy. So whatever ToT they will get for license production, India will get too. Other countries will have no objections if the US has no objections. They may be partners in the F-35, but they do not have ownership.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...nato-allies-keith-webster-117121100049_1.html

If you are looking at procedural hurdles, there is only one. DoD must clear IAF's request for a classified briefing. After that, it will be smooth sailing, all up to India to create the major hurdles. DoD's approval means they are willing to sell the F-35 to India, which means LM will be able to transfer tech through the MDP law.
No India won't be able to manufacture it like any partner country. Even Israel is getting US made F35I despite Israel committing to order over a 100 of these(in multiple batches)...and Israel was one of the partner countries who worked on the F35. Again u should read this carefully...Israel is getting F35I made in the US. Lol how delusional must u be to think US and its partner countries would just hand over to India their latest and greatest tech. Idk if u read in the news but US even had reservations about transferring some F16 Block 70 tech to India(for the much touted Indian production line)...and that's just an F16...a generation behind F35. They r not about to part ways with it that easily.

Lol take ur alternative facts elsewhere. Let me teach u about ur own country...

- MMRCA competition to acquire 126 jets was initiated by the UPA government in 2007.

- The MMRCA competition formally commenced in 2011.

- The Rafale won the estimated $11-15 billion deal in 2012

- On April 10 2015, Modi announced the purchase of 36 Rafale aircraft in “fly-away condition” for $8.7 billion, instead of the 126 fighters.

- Then being unable to negotiate on agreeable terms, India and France missed the July 2015 target of finalizing the 36-aircraft agreement.

- On 23 September 2016, Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his French counterpart signed the contract for the purchase of 36 off-the-shelf Rafales.

So from the announcement in 2007 and the final agreement in 2016 it took India 9 years to reach an agreement.

:lol:

MMRCA and GTG were completely independent. The aircraft variant also was different. It was basically a new deal meant for the SFC's requirements. If we had the money for it and if some procedural lapses did not happen, we would have signed the MMRCA also.

No, there was no real set target for completing negotiations by July 2015. MoUs don't carry that sort of information. Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about and I have no patience to explain the entire process here. But it's clear you do not know what happened. There were major changes made between Modi's MoU to Parrikar's IGA. As far as you are concerned, here are some facts. A request was made in April 2015, negotiations began after a month and contract was signed in September 2016. End of story. That's 17 months from signing the MoU to signing the contract. Had Parrikar not made changes to the IGA, we would have signed the deal in just 4 months after the MoU.

No India won't be able to manufacture it like any partner country. Even Israel is getting US made F35I despite Israel committing to order over a 100 of these(in multiple batches)...and Israel was one of the partner countries who worked on the F35. Again u should read this carefully...Israel is getting F35I made in the US. Lol how delusional must u be to think US and its partner countries would just hand over to India their latest and greatest tech. Idk if u read in the news but US even had reservations about transferring some F16 Block 70 tech to India(for the much touted Indian production line)...and that's just an F16...a generation behind F35. They r not about to part ways with it that easily.

Don't get so worked up over your own speculation.

The Israelis don't get a choice because they are getting all their jets for free. The US is paying for the jets, so it's obvious they will like to keep the production to themselves.

The F-16 technologies we asked for, they haven't given it to anybody, even their closest allies. So it has no relation to what you are talking about. If DoD approves the briefing, we will get whatever ToT the Japanese and Turks will get.

MMRCA and GTG were completely independent. The aircraft variant also was different. It was basically a new deal meant for the SFC's requirements. If we had the money for it and if some procedural lapses did not happen, we would have signed the MMRCA also.

No, there was no real set target for completing negotiations by July 2015. MoUs don't carry that sort of information. Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about and I have no patience to explain the entire process here. But it's clear you do not know what happened. There were major changes made between Modi's MoU to Parrikar's IGA. As far as you are concerned, here are some facts. A request was made in April 2015, negotiations began after a month and contract was signed in September 2016. End of story. That's 17 months from signing the MoU to signing the contract. Had Parrikar not made changes to the IGA, we would have signed the deal in just 4 months after the MoU.

Don't get so worked up over your own speculation.

The Israelis don't get a choice because they are getting all their jets for free. The US is paying for the jets, so it's obvious they will like to keep the production to themselves.

The F-16 technologies we asked for, they haven't given it to anybody, even their closest allies. So it has no relation to what you are talking about. If DoD approves the briefing, we will get whatever ToT the Japanese and Turks will get.
Keep on dreaming...and u can try spinning it ur way by trying to differentiate between MMRCA and the Rafale deal...but they r one and the same. The new Rafale deal stemmed from MMRCA. Remember how Rafale came out as the winner of MMRCA deal? If this was a new deal/new requirement then there should've been a new competition with various jets in the offering. It was the same requirement...the same jet from the same competition was still selected. The only reason the original MMRCA thing was cancelled and this new one initiated was bcuz of a different number of jets being bought and entirely off the shelf.

"No, there was no real set target for completing negotiations by July 2015."
Yes there was genius...here it is from ur own shit media...
Read the first paragraph where it mentions that India and France missed the July target for finalization...
https://m.economictimes.com/news/de...ssing-of-july-target/articleshow/48288656.cms

And again India wouldn't be getting any ToT when it comes to F35...but I have a feeling u r gonna remain delusional so how about we leave that aside bcuz there are no concrete facts yet available...only time will tell.

Keep on dreaming...and u can try spinning it ur way by trying to differentiate between MMRCA and the Rafale deal...but they r one and the same.

"No, there was no real set target for completing negotiations by July 2015."
Yes there was genius...here it is from ur own shit media...
Read the first paragraph where it mentions that India and France missed the July target for finalization...
https://m.economictimes.com/news/de...ssing-of-july-target/articleshow/48288656.cms

And again India wouldn't be getting any ToT when it comes to F35...but I have a feeling u r gonna remain delusional so how about we leave that aside bcuz there are no concrete facts yet available...only time will tell.

There was no date set.

There was no date set.
Can u not read the source? I didn't claim there was a set date nor did the source. I quoted the source that they missed the July timeline they were aiming for the finalization/signing of the contract.

Great to see that u have no facts to come back with so u r relying on emojis to reply

Can u not read the source? I didn't claim there was a set date nor did the source. I quoted the source that they missed the July timeline they were aiming for the finalization/signing of the contract.

Great to see that u have no facts to come back with so u r relying on emojis to reply

Dude, you have no idea about all the events that happened. There was no deadline. It was just a random quote from Parrikar saying they will reach a price in a month or two in May. There is never a deadline. Deadlines come after negotiations, not during negotiations. The reason I laugh is because I end up discussing this stuff with people who have no idea how these things work.

Dude, you have no idea about all the events that happened. There was no deadline. It was just a random quote from Parrikar saying they will reach a price in a month or two in May. There is never a deadline. Deadlines come after negotiations, not during negotiations. The reason I laugh is because I end up discussing this stuff with people who have no idea how these things work.
Again quit putting words in my mouth. I didn't say a deadline nor did the source. They were aiming for a certain time by which to finalize the deal, which they missed.

Also I provide sources for what I claim...whereas u provide nothing, zilch, nada. Just ur BS opinions and yet y claim to know everything while the ppl who back up their stuff with sources apparently know nothing. Go ahead respond with one of ur emojis, I'm not expecting any sources nor anything of substance from u.

Again quit putting words in my mouth. I didn't say a deadline nor did the source. They were aiming for a certain time by which to finalize the deal, which they missed.

This is hilarious. Aiming for a certain date is called deadline.

Also I provide sources for what I claim...whereas u provide nothing, zilch, nada. Just ur BS opinions and yet y claim to know everything while the ppl who back up their stuff with sources apparently know nothing. Go ahead respond with one of ur emojis, I'm not expecting any sources nor anything of substance from u.

You didn't provide any source. Sources in articles are when someone important says something and it's been clearly quoted. Everything else is simply an opinion.

Nobody can give sources to argue against conjectures. You make up your own argument then you ask me to disprove you, I don't think you know how the world works.

This is hilarious. Aiming for a certain date is called deadline.

You didn't provide any source. Sources in articles are when someone important says something and it's been clearly quoted. Everything else is simply an opinion.

Nobody can give sources to argue against conjectures. You make up your own argument then you ask me to disprove you, I don't think you know how the world works.
I did provide the source...do u not see the link to that article? So u want me to believe u(a PDF troll) instead of the author(a journalist)?
Here is another article by ur media stating the same that both France and India were aiming for July and missed it
https://defenceupdate.in/rafale-dea...-shared-between-indian-and-french-government/

Even though these journalists are from the Indian media, they r still more credible than u. U consistently fail to back up ur claims with concrete evidence and just pull things out of ur ***. I remember how u tried disproving actual research papers from major universities published in respectable journals by saying that those scientists were from anti-nuclear lobbies :lol:
...and u used chapter 1 of some obscure book from some unknown author as the counter :rofl:

U have no credibility left whatsoever. U wanna make a claim? Back it up with sources or buzz off and don't quote me. I don't have time to waste on u.

I don't think PAF will have any answers for Indian 5th generation buys of F-35s and Su-57s. PAF just doesn't have the budget to counter this in any meaningful numbers. At best they could purchase 3 squadrons of J-31s, but these would be very expensive, and expensive to operate and not be equal to the F-35 or the Su-57. Not even close.

If PAF chose this path, they would end up at a massive qualitative and quantitative disadvantage and would easily be defeated in the air. I think PAF will be in deep trouble if F-35s and Su-57s get introduced in meaninful numbers, say 100 units of each. It would be check mate for Pakistan and any chance of Chinese domination in the Indian Ocean.

Yes , I also want to marry the double D blonde next door and the tall big butt brunette across the street. If only wishes were horses.
IAF has a big wishlist but that's that

Back
Top Bottom