What's new

Caste system still exits in India today?

Who could tell me the difference between Hinduism and Buddhism. Both two religious originated from India.

Hinduism was started by Slum Nana Patekar when he lost his job in the 1920s. It teaches people how to drive a taxi properly.

Buddhism was started by Slum Shakti Kapoor when he became vegitarian around 1991. The principles of buddhism teached you to grow long brown hair and wear weird looking sunglasses. It is said that Shakti Kapoor attained enlightment under a particular coconut tree in Kerala. In 2005, communal riots broke out after the coconut tree was cut by a slum Hindu taxi driver to earn some extra money. :rofl:

We all know what your next question is gonna be. Such a slum intelligent person I am arent I? :D

I know Buddhism very much, but Hinduism a little. Just be curious about the history of development of these two religious in India. Is there love and hates between the two religious?

Dear all from India:
Please talk about the caste sytem influence in India nowadays.

Yes it do.

Let talk at layers it work.

Political.

Major reason for caste dominance politics revolves around on the geographical presence or numbers of assembly seats it can affect so one cast eg. Yadavs are very important in U.P or Bihar are not that political important in other states. Such distributions affects state level policies in reservation, special packages etc. also in the promotion of leadership eg. Babu Singh Kushwaha is tented in corruption cases but he is used by BJP as Kushwaha community had 10 % of vote share. ..

need to take wife for shopping so will post after few hours.

I know Hinduism got to be some relationship with Caste system in the very beginning.

I know Buddhism very much, but Hinduism a little. Just be curious about the history of development of these two religious in India. Is there love and hates between the two religious?
There is no hate between hindus, buddists and jains in India.
Buddha is respected figure among hindus as well.
Buddism started as a rejection of traditional beliefs(and priestly class) of hinduism, and got lot of success initially.

Yes it do.

Let talk at layers it work.

Political.

Major reason for caste dominance politics revolves around on the geographical presence or numbers of assembly seats it can affect so one cast eg. Yadavs are very important in U.P or Bihar are not that political important in other states. Such distributions affects state level policies in reservation, special packages etc. also in the promotion of leadership eg. Babu Singh Kushwaha is tented in corruption cases but he is used by BJP as Kushwaha community had 10 % of vote share. ..

need to take wife for shopping so will post after few hours.

Caste might influence the election result in some certain area.

Gautam Buddha is also considered by some as an avatar of Krishna. Dunno if that is true. Some one can correct me.

Ok hindiusm and buddhism. hmm, first of all hinduism is a funny term, anyone who calls themselves hindu is really making life easier for non hindus because it is a true polytheistic religion.
Example: A hindu who worships shiva in south india may know very little about the coustoms of a ram worshiping bhramin from the ganga plains.
There are hindus who worship different avatars of the same god and The buddh is considered as one of the manifestations of lord vishnu, as is Mahavir, ram krishna. Vishnu is the most worshiped deity in the newer pantheon. there are arya samajis who dont do any worship of statues but worship the old pantheon of vedic gods, cheif among them, indra(kind of like zeus).

There are many theories as to why there was a major hindu revival in Hinduism and the chief reason was that Hinduism, unlike Theravada Buddhism (the oldest sect and the one predominantly south of the Himalayas) provides a personal relationship with god. Add the geopolitical occurrings of a long ago( Gupta dynasty) etc etc and Buddhism hasent really gone back to what it was when ashoka was sending missionaries to Thailand, Greece and china.

Theravada teachings are more of a philosiphy of life and are really beautiful and as such have been absorbed by hinduism as it tends to do. Hinduism is not restricted to certain texts etc because you can choose what god to pray to(if you want to pray that is, there have been agnostic hindus as well: The idea that man may not be the dream of bhrama, or the gods, but the gods, the dream of men.)

Hinduism tends to absorb alot of what it faces with changing times. Pre buddhism hinduism is different from post buddhism hinduim. This is why one of the greatest contributions to hinduism have been from sikkhism and islam, i.e the egalitarianism of sikkhism and islam and buddhism have played a great role in undoing what the caste system became. The delicate balance of letting go and holding on as a key to attain nirvana or moksha, a buddhist idea has been a part of and integrated into hinduism.

The caste system started as a system to retain skills within a society but became a tool for oppression. There is few basic ground rules to being a hindu:
tolerance of another, You may not impose your belif on another hindu(or another person really)
Accepting that there are multiple paths to god and each may choose his own
Live a just life etc etc ( the rest is the same in almost every religion)

Short verson :

SH*T BE WEIRD YO!!!

No hate at all. We Hindus have too much respect for Buddha and Buddhism especially the Buddhist heritage left by our ancestors. I am from Bihar, the Birthplace of Buddhism.

Gautam Buddha is also considered by some as an avatar of Krishna. Dunno if that is true. Some one can correct me.
Some puranas depict Lord Buddha as an avatar of Vishnu. Some substitute him with Balarama.

But what the hell is this? CPC hiring prepubescent teens?

@wang mao uncle called me... here's a note for you :

Dear wang,
CCP is pleased by the excessive efforts you are making to troll around keep it up :enjoy: additional 2 rmb have been added to you bank account.

Uncle mao's PA

Back
Top Bottom