What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

but I have a question that are single jets as maneuverable as TVC Jets??? I mean what will happen if an MKI get into close combat with our F-16 or JF-17??

TVC is added into the twin engine jets to increase their maneuverability. Think if the MKI does not have TVC, how agile would it be against the F-16 in a dog fight. So imo both jets will be equal interms of capability in close combat and in the end it will be the pilot skill that would lead anyone of them to a decisive victory.

but I have a question that are single jets as maneuverable as TVC Jets??? I mean what will happen if an MKI get into close combat with our F-16 or JF-17??

If a MKI gets into a close fight with the above planes it will the man behind the machine not the machine.
Remember some thing TVC, Changing the direction to the nose does not alter its flight path,this has been demonstrated in MIG29 as it pitches its nose end-over-end while its existing momentum continues to propel it along the original trajectory.

TVC is added into the twin engine jets to increase their maneuverability. Think if the MKI does not have TVC, how agile would it be against the F-16 in a dog fight. So imo both jets will be equal interms of capability in close combat and in the end it will be the pilot skill that would lead anyone of them to a decisive victory.

Based on what I know till now.......single or dual engine has got nothing or less to do with maneuverability. F-104 Starfighter had single engine but had very bad maneuverability. Likely Mirage-III/V are also single engine but are not very maneuverable platforms. IDF/AF used special tactics with Mirage, all related to energy maneuvering against the agile Migs. They used the speed and energy of Mirage to overcome the opponents.

But now the fighters are all-in-one, speed+energy+maneuverability.

What I know is that you have to make the aircraft unstable and then control it through computers (fly by wire) to make it maneuverable. But there are some other factors too like leading edge slats, area of control surfaces, positioning of control surfaces. Either elevators are pushed very back or canards are installed. If you see F-22, the elevators are fixed further back then even the nozzles.

Based on what I know till now.......single or dual engine has got nothing or less to do with maneuverability. F-104 Starfighter had single engine but had very bad maneuverability. Likely Mirage-III/V are also single engine but are not very maneuverable platforms. IDF/AF used special tactics with Mirage, all related to energy maneuvering against the agile Migs. They used the speed and energy of Mirage to overcome the opponents.

But now the fighters are all-in-one, speed+energy+maneuverability.

What I know is that you have to make the aircraft unstable and then control it through computers (fly by wire) to make it maneuverable. But there are some other factors too like leading edge slats, area of control surfaces, positioning of control surfaces. Either elevators are pushed very back or canards are installed. If you see F-22, the elevators are fixed further back then even the nozzles.

The purpose of mentioning single and dual engine was to highlight the importance of weight. I agree with the examples that you quoted about the F-104 but then again i too quoted examples. Take F-16 into account and compare it with a heavy MKI. Which fighter should be more agile? I think the answer is pretty much clear and that is exactly why the indian MKI's are far maneuverable as compared to the original flanker series.
Rest i agree with your post.

6c66e09ceaab36710de7cc97adea8a0c.jpg

Janes.com

Haider
This article is old and has been posted on various fora.The main problem at the moment is finding the resource for all these goodies.
Araz

I think only france right now, plus Pakistan is waiting for the delivery of F16c/d. After analyzing their performance, Pakistan will come up with final modification of J10. PAF measuring stick is F16. Selling a plane to PAF is not easy task, they match so many standard of air war. Specially when opponent as state of the art planes.

can any indian jet can we compare with j 10

If India chose the F/A-18E/F as their MRCA winner, the Super Hornets would definitely outmatch any fighter currently in PLAAF service, but soon-to-come J-11C and J-10B both equipped with AESA and improved turbofan engines and avionics should resume the balance.

is pakistan airfoce sifned a deal to buy j 10 and which varients pak is going for and how much tey are gonna buy thisss

and does this exists that the j 10 varients will be builed as u mantioned

and does indians signed the deal for hornet

is pakistan airfoce sifned a deal to buy j 10 and which varients pak is going for and how much tey are gonna buy thisss

and does this exists that the j 10 varients will be builed as u mantioned

and does indians signed the deal for hornet

my dear super falcon - kindly dont mind but your posts dont make sense!

If India chose the F/A-18E/F as their MRCA winner, the Super Hornets would definitely outmatch any fighter currently in PLAAF service, but soon-to-come J-11C and J-10B both equipped with AESA and improved turbofan engines and avionics should resume the balance.

Hi, Mxiong, Any new pictures of asskicking J10B?

Hi, Mxiong, Any new pictures of asskicking J10B?

I am afraid not. The one I posted before was a fan-drawn Computer Graphic, because the real one is still under development at Chengdu in secrecy. But rumors on Chinese forums say J-10B undertook its maiden flight around late 2007 or early 2008, so I guess we just have to wait and see.

what type of a ompovement it would be and can we compare j 10 with eurofighter or rafales catagory what its special role is air to ground or air to air

Back
Top Bottom