What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

Agnosticism is not religious belief/faith or the lack of it.
It is the state of being open to new information as opposed to being rigid about your current belief and/or knowledge.

Once can be an agnostic-atheist, agnostic-Muslim, etc..

I myself, like to keep an open mind in terms of understanding religious text rather than following a set school of thought such as Salafi, Hanafi, etc..

i do think agnosticism has a valid argument compared to atheism.. looking more into it before having an opinion
Most atheists are agnostics...most sane agnostics are atheists...they are answers to different questions.
Q1.Is there a god?
There are 3 possible answers to this i)Yes,ii)No,iii)I don't know...Since you cannot logically disprove the existence of anything(unless within a closed system) most rational people would answer iii)I don't know which makes them agnostics.
Q2. Do you believe in god?
There are only two possible answers to this question i)Yes,ii)No...if your answer to the first question was I don't know(ie you are an agnostic)...the answer to the second question should be No making you an atheist.
These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Agnosticism is not religious belief/faith or the lack of it.
It is the state of being open to new information as opposed to being rigid about your current belief and/or knowledge.

I myself, like to keep an open mind in terms of understanding religious text rather than following a set school of thought such as Salafi, Hanafi, etc..
You can't be an agnostic-Muslim.

Depends on what you mean by "agnostic" in this context:
If you mean being doubtful about God's existence then you would be correct.

However, if you mean being doubtful about the interpretation of the religion in general by traditional schools, you can in fact be an Agnostic-Muslim.

Even better. Apatheist.
I don't really care anymore :lol:
xD best answer so far

Most atheists are agnostics...most sane agnostics are atheists...they are answers to different questions.
Q1.Is there a god?
There are 3 possible answers to this i)Yes,ii)No,iii)I don't know...Since you cannot logically disprove the existence of anything(unless within a closed system) most rational people would answer iii)I don't know which makes them agnostics.
Q2. Do you believe in god?
There are only two possible answers to this question i)Yes,ii)No...if your answer to the first question was I don't know(ie you are an agnostic)...the answer to the second question should be No making you an atheist.
These two things are not mutually exclusive.

if i am asked the same question... i would stick to agnostic consensus that i can't prove or disprove the existence of god... and answer to the second would be a little more complicated than a yes or no...
but there's a third question that i like to ask myself nowadays... am i really that lonely to believe there's someone looking out after me?.... well, lonely... yes... but do i expect or care for a higher power to look after me?... certainly not

agnosticism is good as its did not apply anything on you . it just simply format a person like hard disk
not sure what you're trying to say but i'll give you a nice C in our chill thread :)

xD best answer so far

if i am asked the same question... i would stick to agnostic consensus that i can't prove or disprove the existence of god... and answer to the second would be a little more complicated than a yes or no...
but there's a third question that i like to ask myself nowadays... am i really that lonely to believe there's someone looking out after me?.... well, lonely... yes... but do i expect or care for a higher power to look after me?... certainly not

not sure what you're trying to say but i'll give you a nice C in our chill thread :)
people's lonliness,fear of death are what led to the birth of god in the first place.

people's lonliness,fear of death are what led to the birth of god in the first place.
yeah... fortunately i have none... i appreaciate the loneliness that comes with my profession and it's more apparent this year... but i've never been this happy....
and i would have no regrets if i am to die at this moement... i would like to think i achieved the pinnacle of my life

Last edited:
anyone here identify as an atheist or agnostic?
Agnostic.

The fact that we don't know what happens after death, our ancestors came up with the concept of gods.
The strange thing is every civilization has this concept of gods/deities/higher powers...

An Atheist is a person who doesn't believe in any god or religion.

An Agnostic is a person which doesn't believe in or practices any Organized religion but does believe that some supreme being exists and is open to different interpretations without following any organised belief. Once he starts to believe in some religion, he won't be considered as an Agnostic anymore.

As for Agnostic Muslim, the more suitable term here is Cultural Muslim - a person who classifies himself as a Muslim but doesn't practice religion and have doubts about it.

Another term is Non practicing Muslim - a person who believes in Islam but doesn't practice.

An Atheist is a person who doesn't believe in any god or religion.

An Agnostic is a person which doesn't believe in or practices any Organized religion but does believe that some supreme being exists and is open to different interpretations without following any organised belief. Once he starts to believe in some religion, he won't be considered as an Agnostic anymore.

As for Agnostic Muslim, the more suitable term here is Cultural Muslim - a person who classifies himself as a Muslim but doesn't practice religion and have doubts about it.

Another term is Non practicing Muslim - a person who believes in Islam but doesn't practice.
Instead of trolling, you should post this type of informative and logical posts...

Cheers...

@Michael Corleone @Mage @Flynn Swagmire @Imran Khan
Important question...since none of you really believe in god I assume you do not believe in any ultimate purpose either.We are just some organisms on a spec of dust in a huge universe.Do you find the thought depressing? Do you ever feel like not doing something since there is no point?

Purpose of life is to find purpose of life.
If you are lucky, you'll find one.
If you are not, you'll die trying.

Important question...since none of you really believe in god I assume you do not believe in any ultimate purpose either.We are just some organisms on a spec of dust in a huge universe.Do you find the thought depressing? Do you ever feel like not doing something since there is no point?
there are so many other facts which a person can not deny . i have family i love them so i work hard for them . i have a beautiful country i work for my country . i have hobbies i enjoy reading books fishing drinking alcohol alone in front of beautiful margalla hills .i feel depression years ago but recent years all is beautiful . lets live a nice life enjoy and sure we will be wiped out soon as our ancestors. no one will remember us after 50 years . since we will die gov will delete our files people will start forgetting us soon our kids will be busy in own lives and forget us . our grand kids will know our names only and their kids will have 0 relation with us . i a person go to my home after 100 years and knock the door ask my name i think no one will be able to answer . same our friends relatives will also wiped out and finally no one will be remain its truth . life is till we breath .

Im too confused to answer this question...

Back
Top Bottom