What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

Bhai @F-6 enthusiast ei video te ki Bangladesh shomporkey bhul kotha boley naki? Ami to Hindi bujhina. Boltesey Bangladeshe naki frequent power cut hoi? Ar Bangladesher position to second after India in free-lancing, not 8th.

Boltesey Bangladeshe naki frequent power cut hoi?
we have power surplus that isn't being used (for now) . The power cuts is from 2001-2008 era those days are behind us. Quick rental services, although costly managed to bridge the gap while power stations were being built.
'' the government has paid a massive Tk 60,000 crore as capacity payment penalty to the power producers for simply keeping their plants idle.''

Ar Bangladesher position to second after India in free-lancing, not 8th.
8th in Freelancing. i think the definition of freelancing and online labour vary. OII says BD second in providing online labour.

''Bangladesh is already the second largest country in supplying online labour, according to the Oxford Internet Institute (OII).''

1651147809084.png

source: Oxford Internet Institute

we have power surplus that isn't being used (for now) . The power cuts is from 2001-2008 era those days are behind us. Quick rental services, although costly managed to bridge the gap while power stations were being built.
'' the government has paid a massive Tk 60,000 crore as capacity payment penalty to the power producers for simply keeping their plants idle.''

8th in Freelancing. i think the definition of freelancing and online labour vary. OII says BD second in providing online labour.

''Bangladesh is already the second largest country in supplying online labour, according to the Oxford Internet Institute (OII).''

View attachment 838642
source: Oxford Internet Institute

Thanks for clarifying this Bhai. I could not have said this better myself.

Though - I still find it baffling why we keep buying electricity from India (even Nepal) when we have a surplus capacity (if not actual generation) in that area....

[/URL]
Thanks for clarifying this Bhai. I could not have said this better myself.

Though - I still find it baffling why we keep buying electricity from India (even Nepal) when we have a surplus capacity (if not actual generation) in that area....

Sorry, didn't watch the video as I cannot stand the accent.
The "100% coverage" means distribution lines have reached every part of the country - it says nothing about Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) of the existing installed power sources, transmission network and distribution network. Our grid is highly unreliable which leads to scheduled and unscheduled outages aroud the country.
100% coverage is a great achievement, don't get me wrong but it is only one major piece of a puzzle. Our next challenge is to improve Power System reliability throughout the country. We are still at least a decade away from overcoming regular outages.

Last edited:
Sohla (the millenial Bangladeshi-American cook) makes dum-smoked 1500 year old Biryani for the "History" Channel.

Sorry, didn't watch the video as I cannot stand the accent.
The "100% coverage" means distribution lines have reached every part of the country - it says nothing about Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) of the existing installed power sources, transmission network and distribution network. Our grid is highly unreliable which leads to scheduled and unscheduled outages aroud the country.
100% coverage is a great achievement, don't get me wrong but it is only one major piece of a puzzle. Our next challenge is to improve Power System reliability throughout the country. We are still at least a decade away from overcoming regular outages.

Good explanation. So many electrical distribution components in substations and transmission lines are below int'l standards and bought with no possible way to guarantee minimum reliability.

I guess things will improve slowly in a decade or two.

Last edited:
Stores selling shirts for Tk.19,500 - Consumer welfare commission raids store asking for paperwork.

@Zabaniyah : Welcome back bro. I remember you being a sane voice amongst a sea of crazies and razakars here.
The Bangladesh section is a lot saner now. You should post regularly.

Eid Mubarak to all Bangladeshi brothers (it's Eid here) and self hating kanglus (please get help).

Wishing everyone a good time, hopefully spent with those most dear to us.

Here's to hoping the Almighty accepts our fasts, abstinence, sacrifice and prayers from the past month.

Eid Mubarak to all Bangladeshi brothers (it's Eid here) and self hating kanglus (please get help).

Here's to hoping the Almighty accepts our fasts, abstinence, sacrifice and prayers from the past month.

For people in the US - Eid is tomorrow. Two and a half hours until the last Iftaar today.

Eid Mubarak to you @AmiEktaKharapChele and your near and dear ones too, the same goes to everyone else in PDF, regardless of caste, creed or belief !

BIG VIRTUAL EID HUGs !!

Keep your Iman in Allah - He will take care of you regardless of current hardships. He always does.

এখানে কাল ঈদ। যাক আপনাকে ঈদ মোবারক হুজুর সাহেব। সাথে সব ভাইজান দের কেও ঈদ মোবারক!

Back
Top Bottom