What's new

China's arming Pakistan makes it second class enemy

So basically

from India's point of view

China - enemy
Pakistan - enemy
Bangladesh - enemy
Nepal - communist outpost now so enemy
Sri Lanka - accepts Chinese investment so enemy.
Maldives - Islamic "hothouse" so enemy.

Have I got that right?
Probably. But India's biggest enemy are the bl00dy corrupt politicians who have eaten the very vitals of this country! :tdown:

So how does that make him an expert in geopolitical sphere? A doctor is an illiterate in economics and vice versa. The entire premise behind Ratan Tata's argument is flawed and simply does not make any sense what so ever. I am not derailing his accomplishments, but this statement is completely flawed.

Questions:-

Why do you think the CMD of a 75 billion dollar group has no idea on geopolitics?

Will he put his billion dollars in multiple countries without knowing the ROI?

Do you think he has no political connections in all the major markets that the group is operating in?

Do you honestly think I give a rat's as$ what he has achieved? What on earth does that have to do with the fact that he is caught between his greed and his fear, and is making immature comments about entire countries?

Propping up pakistan as a Chinese proxy to threaten India is an act of aggression by chinese and doesn't promote good relations between India and china. Thats what he stated, I dont see what exactly is wrong in it.

Wasted experience then.. unless all that was gained from sitting in an office.
His statement about economics would make sense..
That on Chinese manufacturing quality does not.

Do you honestly think I give a rat's as$ what he has achieved? What on earth does that have to do with the fact that he is caught between his greed and his fear, and is making immature comments about entire countries?

Right!

So who will the world believe?

The CMD of a Fortune 500 company OR Unknown Forumers.

Wasted experience then.. unless all that was gained from sitting in an office.
His statement about economics would make sense..
That on Chinese manufacturing quality does not.

I can not see where he commented On Chinese Manufacturing Quality.!

Questions:-

Why do you think the CMD of a 75 billion dollar group has no idea on geopolitics?

So that means CEO's of Apple, Exxon, Walmart, Shell, Petro China, BP, Cargill etc are also experts in geopolitical spheres, because according to your logic their revenue far exceeds Tata's. I am not saying that he has no idea about geopolitics, but he certainly does not has more knowledge than an expert who sits on a think tank and specializes in this field.

Will he put his billion dollars in multiple countries without knowing the ROI?

How are other countries related to this? How much billions has he exactly invested in Pakistan and China to know the exact dynamics that exist in both these countries?

Do you think he has no political connections in all the major markets that the group is operating in?

And those political connections will happily reveal their own nation's strategic calculus.

Come on, you people are simply not making any sense. Ratan Tata's argument is extremely flawed but you guys are sticking to straws to save his argument. If China is guilty of supplying Pakistan with a strategic weapon, than Russia and US are respectively guilty of supply strategic weapons to India and Israel. If X supply's Y with strategic weapons, it does not make Y a second class enemy. The hypocrisy in your argument is simply absurd and is simply astonishing me.

Right!

So who will the world believe?

The CMD of a Fortune 500 company OR Unknown Forumers.

Neither :), they will believe a neutral expert.

Come on, you people are simply not making any sense. Ratan Tata's argument is extremely flawed but you guys are sticking to straws to save his argument. If China is guilty of supplying Pakistan with a strategic weapon, than Russia and US are respectively guilty of supply strategic weapons to India and Israel. If X supply's Y with strategic weapons, it does not make Y a second class enemy. The hypocrisy in your argument is simply absurd and is simply astonishing me.
Neither :), they will believe a neutral expert.

SO by the same yardstick, India arming afghanistan should not be alarming at all for pakistan, right?

So that means CEO's of Apple, Exxon, Walmart, Shell, Petro China, BP, Cargill etc are also experts in geopolitical spheres, because according to your logic their revenue far exceeds Tata's. I am not saying that he has no idea about geopolitics, but he certainly does not has more knowledge than an expert who sits on a think tank and specializes in this field.

I never said Ratan Tata is an expert. I did say a person of his calibre cant be ignorant of geopolitics. I dont know how you bring in think tanks in our discussion. You may find many think tanks who disagree with Tata but you may also find many who agree with him!

He just gave his opinion on Chinese weapons support to Pakistan which has implications on India, I dont why that makes his statements flawed?...Just because he is a businessman? If a think tank makes similar comments, will that work OK with you?

How are other countries related to this? How much billions has he exactly invested in Pakistan and China to know the exact dynamics that exist in both these countries?

Ofcourse, "countries" come into the picture.

When you speak of geopolitics, the international relations between govts, the geographical factors certainly has to be considered before taking big business decisions. The actions of one govt. can directly put his investment in danger.

And those political connections will happily reveal their own nation's strategic calculus.

The case in question is India, China and Pakistan. You cannot blindly compare it to US and Russia.

India has fought wars with both the countries. The dynamics are completely different.

By supplying lethal weapons to Pakistan, China wants to ensure that Pakistan can keep India busy...thats the only point he is trying to make. I dont see as to why it is flawed.

You guys are making a big issue of it just because he is a businessman.

So basically

from India's point of view

China - enemy
Pakistan - enemy
Bangladesh - enemy
Nepal - communist outpost now so enemy
Sri Lanka - accepts Chinese investment so enemy.
Maldives - Islamic "hothouse" so enemy.

Have I got that right?

no it's your point of view ,
from my point of view you are troller

Ratan Tata
New Delhi: China's assisting and arming Pakistan has made "it a second class enemy", but its economic strength overpowering India is not a real concern, according to Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata.:azn::azn::wave:

"China has of course been assisting and arming Pakistan, which is like a red flag to India and that already makes it a second class enemy," Tata said in an interview telecast on a television channel.

Second class enemy? So buying defense equipment from China makes one a second class enemy?

if we go by that logic, US is arming India to contain China hence that makes India a second class enemy of China??
Rather absurd statement from a person of that caliber!!

Does Tata know that India is the world's biggest importer of weapons?

Does he know who's arming India?

Doesn't that make India a third rate enemy of Pakistan?

India is overwhelmingly dependent on foreign imports, mainly Russian and Israeli, for about 70 per cent of its defense requirement, especially for critical military products and high-end defense technology, according to an Indian defense analyst Dinesh Kumar. Kumar adds that "India’s defense ministry officially admits to attaining only 30 to 35 per cent self-reliance capability for its defense requirement. But even this figure is suspect given that India’s self-reliance mostly accrues from transfer of technology, license production and foreign consultancy despite considerable investment in time and money".

Haq's Musings: Soaring Chinese Imports and Twin Deficits Worry India

China and Pakistan are very secretive about their military relations or hardware they make or trade. In this scenario one would only comment about them the much they know and how much they know is as much as they can guess. So is there anything left to discuss other than one man's guessing?

someone (especially a bharti) with a name like "ratan" simply cant be taken seriously

Does Tata know that India is the world's biggest importer of weapons?

Does he know who's arming India?

Doesn't that make India a third rate enemy of Pakistan?

India is overwhelmingly dependent on foreign imports, mainly Russian and Israeli, for about 70 per cent of its defense requirement, especially for critical military products and high-end defense technology, according to an Indian defense analyst Dinesh Kumar. Kumar adds that "India’s defense ministry officially admits to attaining only 30 to 35 per cent self-reliance capability for its defense requirement. But even this figure is suspect given that India’s self-reliance mostly accrues from transfer of technology, license production and foreign consultancy despite considerable investment in time and money".

Haq's Musings: Soaring Chinese Imports and Twin Deficits Worry India

Pray that you never meet a first class enemy . This third class enemy liberated Bangladesh , is sitting on siachen , threw you back from kargil and outclassed you in much more economic and social parameter than you ever can .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom