What's new

Chinese - Shi Lang Aircraft Carrier: New Pictures

And what has the PLA done since the end of the Cold War? Ah...Being that third rate military power and is trying to make it to second rate...:lol:

china is ranked #2 in almost all military rankings for what that's worth.

Perssimistically, the third indigenous carrier gonna be nuclear.

Optimistically, the first indigenous carrier gonna be directly nuclear. Furthermore, it will be the Ford class nuclear, not the Nimitz class nuclear.

but the question is how long is going to take`to develop a nuclear carrier engine and to have a reliable nuclear engine is different things, according to chinese tradition, we will not carry on things which are not 100% proven and solid.. for example more meida exposure of current chinese defence developments and new kits are the sign of us getting more confident of the things we do``

I guess there will be a major leak of our indigenous nuclear carrier engine if we trully mastered in this area.

And what has the PLA done since the end of the Cold War? Ah...Being that third rate military power and is trying to make it to second rate...:lol:

not as much as those U.S soldiers calling their a$$ off for air support when one enemy was spotted``what should i say, do they hv balls?

but the question is how long is going to take`to develop a nuclear carrier engine and to have a reliable nuclear engine is different things, according to chinese tradition, we will not carry on things which are not 100% proven and solid.. for example more meida exposure of current chinese defence developments and new kits are the sign of us getting more confident of the things we do``

I guess there will be a major leak of our indigenous nuclear carrier engine if we trully mastered in this area.

According to the "大佬", China has been working on the carrier nuclear reactor for over 20 years, and now it is the time to harvest the fruits.

as if your stone age vietcon can operate those weapons``this is defense forum after 104 trolling posts havent you realised that? stupid and naive comment like this will only come out ignorant and desperate people like you lot``
Need time and we have to wait for that comming time.......

So why is USA holding South Korea back if North Korea really committed an act of war by sinking South Korean ship and killing 50 Koreans? Why did US delay carrier deployment to the Yellow Sea for 8 months after China complained? Actually, not just holding back; US commands the SK forces so US is directly ordering South Korea to do nothing, to be "humiliated" by North Korea.

Only 2 possibilities: either USA knows that North Korea didn't sink Cheonam (but actually sank by a US Navy nuclear submarine), or USA is afraid of Chinese intervention.

where is the humor in improving? the PLA has started as an army of farmers. 3rd rate, 2nd rate and soon 1st rate. you best believe.

China is aiming to be a military power second only to the US by the end of this decade. Systems like J-20 Fighter, Type-052D destoyer and Type-095 SSN will be formidable weapons.

Remember, China will just keep closing the gap with the US year-on-year. This is what happens when it's GDP can grow at 10% a year while the US struggles along at 2%.

I really doubt ur being Bengali. As long I know bout Bengalis (Hindu or Muslim), They are intelligent, Talented, Well mannered and very logical. I am sorry to say that I can't find a single Quality of Bengali in you...

GDP growth of 10% of third world country is nothing in front of GDP growth of 1% of developed country... I will give you simple example, If you are poor and you have asset of 100Taka, some how you earn 100 Taka more, Your net growth is 100%. Where as Gambit has 10,000 Taka and he earned 100 taka , his net growth is 1%. Hope it clear your illusion of 10% Vs 1% growth.

The glorious omnipotent US military!

I would like to see how many of these US aircraft carriers make it back to the US if they went and attacked China.

Have you ever gone through specification of Nimitz class super carriers??? Go thru them, read some book, and then claim anything. One or two missile cannot sunk Carrier, if you get some chance go near any carrier and see them... I got an opportunity to see Nimitz class Super carrier once, I was enchanted by its charm... I bet in face to face fight only USA can sunk Nimitz... (In perl harbor kind attack any one can destroy it)

Its My humble suggestion "Don't discrace the name of Bengalies.."

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

China is aiming to be a military power second only to the US by the end of this decade. Systems like J-20 Fighter, Type-052D destoyer and Type-095 SSN will be formidable weapons.

Remember, China will just keep closing the gap with the US year-on-year. This is what happens when it's GDP can grow at 10% a year while the US struggles along at 2%.

I really doubt ur being Bengali. As long I know bout Bengalis (Hindu or Muslim), They are intelligent, Talented, Well mannered and very logical. I am sorry to say that I can't find a single Quality of Bengali in you...

GDP growth of 10% of third world country is nothing in front of GDP growth of 1% of developed country... I will give you simple example, If you are poor and you have asset of 100Taka, some how you earn 100 Taka more, Your net growth is 100%. Where as Gambit has 10,000 Taka and he earned 100 taka , his net growth is 1%. Hope it clear your illusion of 10% Vs 1% growth.

The glorious omnipotent US military!

I would like to see how many of these US aircraft carriers make it back to the US if they went and attacked China.

Have you ever gone through specification of Nimitz class super carriers??? Go thru them, read some book, and then claim anything. One or two missile cannot sunk Carrier, if you get some chance go near any carrier and see them... I got an opportunity to see Nimitz class Super carrier once, I was enchanted by its charm... I bet in face to face fight only USA can sunk Nimitz... (In perl harbor kind attack any one can destroy it)

Its My humble suggestion "Don't disgrace the name of Bengalies.."

Its My humble suggestion "Don't discrace the name of Bengalies.."

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Its My humble suggestion "Don't disgrace the name of Bengalies.."

China's 10% growth + RMB appreciation is 1 trillion USD growth annually.

I don't think US can grow 1 trillion per year.

And the Nimitz carrier is the platform that designed backed in 40 years ago, and i am sure that our second batch of the indigenous carriers gonna surpass it.

china is ranked #2 in almost all military rankings for what that's worth.
Boys...Can the PLA be second to the US? Of course it can. But look at the question this way...

If the second place winner is behind the first place winner by 5 laps and there is a whole gaggle of third place winners just right behind the second place winner, is second place something to really brag about?

So let us take a look again at this...

aircraft-carriers-of-the-world.gif

How many 'laps' is the PLAN behind the US in terms of naval power projection and naval aviation? What about experience in long distance and duration cruises? As for other military issues, what can we consider to rate a military? Manpower? Combat experience? Technology? International relationships? By all means, boast about being in second all you want.

not as much as those U.S soldiers calling their a$$ off for air support when one enemy was spotted``what should i say, do they hv balls?
You think Chinese troops would do any different if they have the same resources to call upon? By your reasoning, might as well get rid of artillery, let alone develop air power and uses it. Keep it up, we need the laugh from the conscript rejects.

You think Chinese troops would do any different if they have the same resources to call upon? By your reasoning, might as well get rid of artillery, let alone develop air power and uses it. Keep it up, we need the laugh from the conscript rejects.

off topic--but aren't you a conscript reject?

:lol:

Boys...Can the PLA be second to the US? Of course it can. But look at the question this way...

If the second place winner is behind the first place winner by 5 laps and there is a whole gaggle of third place winners just right behind the second place winner, is second place something to really brag about?

So let us take a look again at this...

aircraft-carriers-of-the-world.gif

How many 'laps' is the PLAN behind the US in terms of naval power projection and naval aviation? What about experience in long distance and duration cruises? As for other military issues, what can we consider to rate a military? Manpower? Combat experience? Technology? International relationships? By all means, boast about being in second all you want.

there is nothing wrong with being second. china will focus on subs instead of aircraft carriers. for now, china is content letting america play the world police role.

Back
Top Bottom