What's new

Digital Cameras

I think the OP has made the decision.........

Well,to get a good camera for Rs 22000, its very hard.I personally like the canon S 95 and the Sony TX series cameras that includes TX 9,10,11. I bought a Sony TX 9 for about $290 last year for my sister.But that was from the sony dealer store.In best buy and sears it was $399.00 . Canon S95 is also very expensive. The best thing i like about these cameras are its night time pic taking quality.They are famous for low light pics.Thats a big plus point.Sony TX 9 has so many high quality features and sensors that it will surprise you.You can shake the camera and take pic it will come out like you were holding the camera very firmly.I bought so many cameras for my cousins because in Pakistan its very expensive.So far everyone is happy with them, 2 brands i will recommend, CANON AND SONY.The rest everything is below that.I used to work in an electronics store as a part time job when i was in school.so sold 100s of cameras to many many people.They used to ask me why Sony and Canon is expensive i always said why Mercedes and BMW is expensive and they get it right there. Anyway for your budget. Look for sony DSC TX 9.it may be a little expensive but believe me it will be the best purchase ever.If its expensive then look for Sony TX 7, The TX seies are expensive compare to other sony cameras.Its super slim and the best feature is its night time pics also everything its touch screen. If they are not available or expensive.Then get a Sony Cybershot. i bought 3 cybershots so far and broke 2,but they are good cameras all around considering everything. Now canon, the S95 is awesome it was the #1 camera on the list.Followed by the Sony TX series but Canon S95 is expensive, you can check out S90. Now those Folks who are giving you suggestions to buy a DSLR just ignore them, i dont think so you want to buy a DSLR.A good DSLR camera like sony or canon starts from $550-600. Below that you are wasting your money, its like you want to buy a BMW but you buying the one that is the simplest and the most low end of all. Dont think about DSLR. When i used to work tons of customers asked me how easy it is to carry this or that camera.You want some thing that should fit easily into your pocket.And the cameras i mentioned to you are exactly that. Another thing dont get crazy about megapixels. something around 8 mp is good enough. Most of these cameras let you choose the MP you want.If a camera says 12 MP. you can choose like 5,8 or 10 from the settings, the higher the MP the larger memory card you will need. another key thing, never buy a camera that use a reg AA or AAA batteries. Buy the one where you can charge the Battery. These all things happened with me, i was working in a photo lab, developing pics and diff kinds of films. So learn a lot from those experiences.

what about

Olympus SP-610UZ

Nikon L120

Olympus SZ-10

Olympus SZ-20

fit in my budgtet and good zoom,

any users or any reviews from anyone to help me out?
I also bought one Olympus dont remember what model it was exactly, but it was like 2 years ago, i bought it for like $150.very very very poor quality. If you want to buy Olympus buy the one thats like $300. The sony cybershot are much better. To be honest Canon and Sony are simply the best when it comes to cameras.Thats why they are expensive compare to others.

Any help needed?
Yes, please!
but do consider my price range while suggesting.

I think the OP has made the decision.........
noooo,,
Olympus SZ-10,
Olympus SZ-610UZ
Nikkon L-120
Fujifilm S3200

:unsure:

however, as of now, Nikkon L-120 is leading in all reviews and comparisions on internet.
now just looking for info from some users, if there are any.

regards!

hey, yes, i reviewed this,
I would rate 8/10.A really good point & shot camera.....the best feature's I would say are Autofocus while making 720p videos,optical zoom and the ccd optics.Will post few pics to the photography thread.....

Get those compact ones which can slide in your pocket,

Often had friends who lost their cams by placing it somehwere

Get those compact ones which can slide in your pocket,

Often had friends who lost their cams by placing it somehwere

Better to just get one with a neck-strap. I once lost a cell phone because it slid out of my pocket (fortunately, I was able to get it back).

I would rate 8/10.A really good point & shot camera.....the best feature's I would say are Autofocus while making 720p videos,optical zoom and the ccd optics.Will post few pics to the photography thread.....

Comes with rechargeable batteries and charger.

Great, you are talking about L-120 i suppose?
if yes, its another vote for Nikkon L-120, making my decision easier.

Great, you are talking about L-120 i suppose?
if yes, its another vote for Nikkon L-120, making my decision easier.
Yup! I have used a Nikon 3000 and 7000 DSLR in the past and I'm pretty happy with the L120 performance,grabbed it for INR 9600 from eBay India :tup:
Maybe you can use use Snapsort for comparisons or Dpreview

In advertising. have a dslr semi professional one. d5000 but i have a basic lens 18-55, want to buy a good zoom lens when i have sufficient money :)

Yes, please!
but do consider my price range while suggesting.

noooo,,
Olympus SZ-10,
Olympus SZ-610UZ
Nikkon L-120
Fujifilm S3200

:unsure:

however, as of now, Nikkon L-120 is leading in all reviews and comparisions on internet.
now just looking for info from some users, if there are any.

regards!
If you looking for a good zoom. then here consider another one Sony DSC HX9V/B. Its much more advance than the Nikon L 120.it beat the Nikon anyday.And already did that when you evaluate it.Dont go by higher zoom. My friend bought a samsung camera with about 30X zoom and the picture quality were really bad and at night he was using his phone.Dont go by what the zoom says, the higher the zoom is much more advance sensors you will need to clearly take a pic. This sony camera has a 16X zoom.which is more than enough.If you looking for a higher zoom then you must look for a DSLR. Some good features of Sony DSC HX9V/B are that it take 3D pics.It has higher resolution its full HD 1080p. here is the list of SONY advantages over the Nikon.
LEFT SONY DSC HX9V/B. RIGHT NIKON L120.

Higher resolution movies 1080p @ 60fps vs 720p. Shoots higher resolution Full HD (1080p) video
Significantly smaller 105x59x34 mm vs 110x77x78 mm. 3.1x smaller
Takes 3D photos Yes vs No. Combines multiple photos into a 3D image
Has in-camera HDR Yes vs No. Combines multiple exposures to capture high dynamic range
Can create panoramas in-camera Yes vs No. Stitches together multiple photos for a wide perspective
Has a CMOS-family sensor CMOS vs CCD. CMOS-family sensors often produce better quality images
Has a GPS Yes vs No. Automatically geotags your photos when traveling
Better wide angle 24 mm vs 25 mm. Almost the same
Significantly thinner 1.3" vs 3.1". 2.3x thinner
Better maximum light sensitivity 3,200 ISO vs 1,600 ISO. The DSC-HX9v's maximum light sensitivity is 1 f-stop better
Lighter 245 g vs 406 g. Around 40% lighter
Slightly higher true resolution 9.8 MP vs 9.7 MP. Almost the same
Significantly longer exposures 30s vs 8s. Around 4x longer exposures
You can also check it online, but again Sony and Canon will always be superior to others. When they add one thing they make sure there are tons of other things that can support the addition made to the camera.Their sensors and other camera technology will always be ahead of others.Its not that they are the best of the best in all Electronics but in cameras yes they are.Like samsuny my last choice will be to buy a samsung camera, but my first choice will be to buy a samsung TV, be it LCD or LED.they are number 1 in TVs. You want a camera that is good all around not just a zoom, what if you can zoom something but the sensors dont let you take that pic easily and clearly.Also what if you cant take pics at night in low light.Zoom will not help you then. Another important thing. always buy a camera thats easy to carry and will fit in your pocket.My uncle has all these big lenses,But finally he had to buy a camera which is easy to carry and do the job quick.

Back
Top Bottom