What's new

Digital Cameras

Well i bought Nikon COOLPIX L120 last year. Its great in both indoor and out door photography. The basic price is 23,500..if you add bag+charger/charge-able cells then it goes near 27K.

The good part is that on weekends you cant spare some time for bird photography or even aircraft spotting:D

Well i bought Nikon COOLPIX L120 last year. Its great in both indoor and out door photography. The basic price is 23,500..if you add bag+charger/charge-able cells then it goes near 27K.

The good part is that on weekends you cant spare some time for bird photography or even aircraft spotting:D

thats it, another satisfied user!
:D
thanks sir.

can you share something, people say low light shooting is BAD/POOR, what is you say on HOW POOR and HOW MUCH dim light, i mean, i hope it is not that we cannot even shot good pics in evening and cloud cover. what do you suggest?

also how difficult it is to use the Panorama Assist feature?

looking forward for you assistance!

regards!

@ arsalanaslam123

Go for Canon sx140is

Its under Rs. 10,000 (I have purchased it at Rs. 9100 in Jaipur last year when i was gone there on holidays from my city Delhi and my nikkon was got damaged due to accident) you will love it.

12.1 mega pixel + 12 x zoom + 3.0-Inch LCD + full HD

Just google for its review and details.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

All the prices are in Indian rupees.

You are talking about SX130IS not SX140IS. 140 has 14MP sensor, not that it matters but costs 13K I think. I got my SX130 for 9.5K, awesome cam it is for the price.

thanks,
its around 28000 Rs here in pakistan i guess,
manageable,
but i am getting a Nikkon L120 with 21X wide optical zoom, VR.

i guess i might end up with this set.

any comments on L120?

ANYONE??

I think it lacks full manual controls. Get something with full manual controls if you plan to upgrade to a DSLR later. Check out fujifilm S3300, nice zoom capability of 26X and costs same as L120.
Canon SX30 is cool, but costs 20K INR, and canon sx40 has CMOS sensor hence better low light performance costs around 22K INR.

thats it, another satisfied user!
can you share something, people say low light shooting is BAD/POOR, what is you say on HOW POOR and HOW MUCH dim light, i mean, i hope it is not that we cannot even shot good pics in evening and cloud cover. what do you suggest?

also how difficult it is to use the Panorama Assist feature?

Well you can adjust the lightning from camera of softwares like Photoshop. I have faced such problems yet.IMO its result is great in day..but its difficult to handle in long distance night shots.

Whats the Panorama Assist feature? haven't tried it.

Arsalan here is one shot from L120 from a v.long distance. It isn't much stable but still its good.:D

img_001.jpg

I live in Lahore i have a cam if u want it contact me. my cell no is 03454066587 so i can tell u specs

Well you can adjust the lightning from camera of softwares like Photoshop. I have faced such problems yet.IMO its result is great in day..but its difficult to handle in long distance night shots.

Whats the Panorama Assist feature? haven't tried it.

long distance shots at night is not something i am expecting from this cam.
all i need is good decent pics in evenings and under light as dim as cloud cover, will this be OK??

it say that one one click of button, it takes three images, locking the brightness, alignment and contrasts of first frame and repeating this in next three. once you click the button, you just need to slightly sweep the cam through a land space and this will give you three images with same specs, these three can be stitched together, overlapped to form a nice wide panorama view.

Arsalan here is one shot from L120 from a v.long distance. It isn't much stable but still its good.:D

img_001.jpg
this looks great!
:D

man u didnt tell me i have a camcoder my father bought for me from UK , but now i have to sale it if u r intrested feel free to contact me . i will tell u the specs:

Model : JVC GZMG175
32 x optical hyper zoom
hybird HD recording
40 GB hard disk
Dolby Digital sound
upto 50 hours recording 24 hours in HD recording mode
SD cardslot
Direct play cord on ur TV panel
rotate able LCD
140 mins battery time
with all accessories Dock,Remote,PC Driver etc

man u didnt tell me i have a camcoder my father bought for me from UK , but now i have to sale it if u r intrested feel free to contact me . i will tell u the specs:

Model : JVC GZMG175
32 x optical hyper zoom
hybird HD recording
40 GB hard disk
Dolby Digital sound
upto 50 hours recording 24 hours in HD recording mode
SD cardslot
Direct play cord on ur TV panel
rotate able LCD
140 mins battery time
with all accessories Dock,Remote,PC Driver etc

i am looking for a digital cam dear brother, for snapshots.
not a video cam

well, after all this discussion, when i finally made up my mind and went to Lahore to get the camera, a bad news!
:cry:
Nikon have stopped L120 and are getting ready to launch a new model. that is what i was told.
now will go to a local supplier and see if i can get it from there or else will have to wait for some time before the new model is launched!
:angry:

well, i checked with the local market, its out and no more are comming
:frown:
but guess what, i was intriduced to anew model, i mean, new for me as i was not considering it earlier.
the Nikon S9100, it have 18X zoom, but have a CMOS sensor, and in camera panoram feature. these i liked the most.
it appears good on paper, i am set to buy it now. however, will like to have some feedback from you guys.

any one using S9100? any comments?

Zoom Text:

Last edited by a moderator:
due to unavailability of L120 i have finally bought Nikon S9100, :bounce:and man, it is awesome! :yahoo:
it do not give that professional camera look of L120 but the small size have its own benifits. apart from this, the features are real cool, great 18X zoon CMOS sensor, back light reduction, vibration reduction, HD movies and an in-camera panorama feature. :tup:
am exploring the set and will update all other intresting aspects.
it cost me a bit more then i was planning but have Li-Ion battery and that saved me around 200 that i would have to spend for rechargable AA cells and charger!

thanks a lot to all you guys for your time and valuable advises!

regards!

Hello all, well friends, I need some help. I need to buy a digital cam and need your suggestions on that. What is important is that I am looking for satisfactory zoom quality and within 22000 Rs budget. Please, do keep in consideration my requirement and budget when suggesting any options.

And yes, kindly do reply as I am just going to go for it and need some urgent help.

i hope this is not against forum rules (it is not as far as i know :))
however, to keep the real purpose of this forum alive, i will share some useful information regarding digital cams so information..
:cheesy:
so this do not gt blocked.

but yes, what is more important is I DO NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND HELP, PLEASEE:frown:

Regards!

please ask Expert opinion from PM Modi

Back
Top Bottom