What's new

Digital Cameras

Have you considered buying slightly used DSLR from ebay or other shops? I think for 22000 you may be able to get Nikon D3100 or Canon EOS 500d and they are very good starters for shooting good pictures.

If you looking for a good zoom. then here consider another one Sony DSC HX9V/B. Its much more advance than the Nikon L 120.it beat the Nikon anyday.And already did that when you evaluate it.Dont go by higher zoom. My friend bought a samsung camera with about 30X zoom and the picture quality were really bad and at night he was using his phone.Dont go by what the zoom says, the higher the zoom is much more advance sensors you will need to clearly take a pic. This sony camera has a 16X zoom.which is more than enough.If you looking for a higher zoom then you must look for a DSLR. Some good features of Sony DSC HX9V/B are that it take 3D pics.It has higher resolution its full HD 1080p. here is the list of SONY advantages over the Nikon.
LEFT SONY DSC HX9V/B. RIGHT NIKON L120.

Higher resolution movies 1080p @ 60fps vs 720p. Shoots higher resolution Full HD (1080p) video
Significantly smaller 105x59x34 mm vs 110x77x78 mm. 3.1x smaller
Takes 3D photos Yes vs No. Combines multiple photos into a 3D image
Has in-camera HDR Yes vs No. Combines multiple exposures to capture high dynamic range
Can create panoramas in-camera Yes vs No. Stitches together multiple photos for a wide perspective
Has a CMOS-family sensor CMOS vs CCD. CMOS-family sensors often produce better quality images
Has a GPS Yes vs No. Automatically geotags your photos when traveling
Better wide angle 24 mm vs 25 mm. Almost the same
Significantly thinner 1.3" vs 3.1". 2.3x thinner
Better maximum light sensitivity 3,200 ISO vs 1,600 ISO. The DSC-HX9v's maximum light sensitivity is 1 f-stop better
Lighter 245 g vs 406 g. Around 40% lighter
Slightly higher true resolution 9.8 MP vs 9.7 MP. Almost the same
Significantly longer exposures 30s vs 8s. Around 4x longer exposures
You can also check it online, but again Sony and Canon will always be superior to others. When they add one thing they make sure there are tons of other things that can support the addition made to the camera.Their sensors and other camera technology will always be ahead of others.Its not that they are the best of the best in all Electronics but in cameras yes they are.Like samsuny my last choice will be to buy a samsung camera, but my first choice will be to buy a samsung TV, be it LCD or LED.they are number 1 in TVs. You want a camera that is good all around not just a zoom, what if you can zoom something but the sensors dont let you take that pic easily and clearly.Also what if you cant take pics at night in low light.Zoom will not help you then. Another important thing. always buy a camera thats easy to carry and will fit in your pocket.My uncle has all these big lenses,But finally he had to buy a camera which is easy to carry and do the job quick.

right, but Sony DSC HX9V/B price is up in 30000 isnt it?

any reviews about Olympus SZ-10 and SP-610UZ?
the L120 lack panorama shot function, moreover, olympus is olympus and for me this is an extra point of L120
what the hell...
i cannt figure it out of of these three!
:frown:

any reviews about Olympus SZ-10 and SP-610UZ?
the L120 lack panorama shot function, moreover, olympus is olympus and for me this is an extra point of L120
what the hell...
i cannt figure it out of of these three!
:frown:
L120 does have a Panorama Assist feature but you will have to manually stich all the pics together.

L120 does have a Panorama Assist feature but you will have to manually stich all the pics together.

yes, have studied that feature but wondr how easy/difficult it is to manage.
also i hope you are well aware of Nikkin L120 being reported of poor picture quality in dim light, can you help me understand how POOR it really is and in how much dim light?
i mean, i definetely dont want to end up not being able to shoot in evening or under cloud cover, is it that bad??

also i hope you are well aware of Nikkin L120 being reported of poor picture quality in dim light, can you help me understand how POOR it really is and in how much dim light?
i mean, i definetely dont want to end up not being able to shoot in evening or under cloud cover, is it that bad??
Bro, you said your need is hassle free point and shoot camera to be used once in a while. Why are you considering all these bulky cameras, can you carry them in your pocket?
If you are going to be a casual user, your needs are completely different.

Bro, you said your need is hassle free point and shoot camera to be used once in a while. Why are you considering all these bulky cameras, can you carry them in your pocket?
If you are going to be a casual user, your needs are completely different.

i want one with good zoom, in range of 18 to 24 X optical zoom.
will manage carrying it.

Yup! its not the best in the class due to limitations in the firmware....
dscn0467a.jpg

dscn0464x.jpg

These pic's were clicked with the Auto setting you can still play with exposure and ISO.

Yup! its not the best in the class due to limitations in the firmware....
dscn0467a.jpg

dscn0464x.jpg

These pic's were with the Auto setting you can still play with exposure and ISO.

these look good enough friend!

can you just let me know how difficult it is to get a good panorama image using Nikon and the pic in evening and cloud cover, are these of OK quality?

Evening shots shouldn't be problem but doing a Panorama is not simple because instead of one single image file it give you x no of pics in sequence.Have tried taking Panorama shot's twice but I'm too lazy to stitch all those x no of pics together using a PC Program.
Took this picture just now inside my room @ AUTO..everything turned off other than my monitor.

dear, thats so nice of you, it couldnt have been any more helpful,
thanks a lot.
the image seem quite OK
Panoram is a bit of a problem but all the PROS this one CON can be managed i guess.

thanks a lot

right, but Sony DSC HX9V/B price is up in 30000 isnt it?

Dont know how much it cost in Pakistan,but in Pakistan electronics are much more expensive than the US.If you can get it somewhere close to 30,000 its truly worth the price.Think like your investing in it.Because for 22000 you will get a camera that is ok or lets say good, but here you will get something that is absolutely new with all latest features and new technology.So we can say an awesome camera.

hypnosis-21148794.gif

Since you are not being able to decide..I am hypnotizing you into buying
Olympus SP-810UZ

Hahaha
well,
its almost decided, i got a chance to talk to a friend on mine who is an interior designer and a photographer in Saudi Arabia and when i told him my price range and requirement and asked him to suggest one from SZ-10, SP-610UP and Nikon, L120 he voted for Nikon.
apart for this,all above posts from cloud_9 have been really helpful and now i am going for Nikon L120.
just need to go to Lahore and get it from there as there are no bog Nikon dealers in Faisalabad.

Back
Top Bottom