What's new

Drone war: ‘Burraq’ turned the tide in Tirah battle, say officials

Wow it was tested just few days ago and already put into combat? Either that's an impressive speed of induction and stuff or this is just for marketing.
lol... well we all know that it had been imported stuff... anyway ... as long is it is fulfilling its utility .... all is well

Wow it was tested just few days ago and already put into combat? Either that's an impressive speed of induction and stuff or this is just for marketing.

So you don't know about Burraq induction right ? It was unofficially inducted in 2013. It was shown to public this month officially. Burraq is been in our inventory since last two years.

Army, air force induct first fleet of indigenously developed drones

Published: November 25, 2013

636833-dronekayaniindigenousburraqshahparphotoispr-1385384723-755-640x480.jpg

Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General (Retd) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (L) handing over replica of indigenously developed surveillance capable UAVs formally inducted in Pakistan Armed Forces to Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani (R). PHOTO: ISPR

The armed forces announced on Monday that they had inducted the very first fleet of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in the Army and the Air Force.

According to a release from the Inter-services Public Relations (ISPR) announced that the first fleet of strategic drones, ‘Burraq’ and ‘Shahpar’, had been inducted into the forces. Both of the drones were produced indigenously.

Burraq UCAV & Shahpur UAV inducted in Pakistani arsenal. | Page 18

Last edited:
The title needs to be revised.
"turned the tide in Tirah battle"???
so we were ...till now ... what?

Also sorry for not posting link but there was a rumor about year ago of a possible drone strike which US not taking credit at that point some member`s as well as print media published about indigenous system but no word .Must be Burraq and if you carefully look the filmized test all technician were very relaxed part from general putting hand on the shoulder of operator he looked confused .Any way great development and I must say yes truly National pride ,Imagine sending 2-3 Burraq every time in the air hitting target .Next step should be incorporating aerial fueling and long endurance motor with higher speed

I think we should have named it something else instead of Burraq? Something like Taliban-Kush? Maybe for war against TTP at least? :D

I am happy that Pakistan is having armed drones.

Tirah needs to be won at all cost. Use carpet bombs. If civilians need to die, then so be it.

Yet another propaganda by the Army. In fact, the army has been bogged down in FATA.

A few months from now and we will see peace deals being signed.

Yet another propaganda by the Army. In fact, the army has been bogged down in FATA.

A few months from now and we will see peace deals being signed.
Hi,
Pls display your flags so that we can give you your most deserved welcome

Drones will save the lives of our Soldiers , its good to strike them with drones first , to get their leadership ... and later commando team can take care of rest ... May Allah Bless our army and Jawan in battle ,and special Thanks to our Scientists and Chinese friends for Assistance ....

I think we should have named it something else instead of Burraq? Something like Taliban-Kush? Maybe for war against TTP at least? :D
I hope the soldiers come with a better name. they are very creative.
employing drones frees up our gunship helicopters that can be used against specific targets.

deploying drones is better, cost effective and saves lives of our pilots. loosing drones due to malfunction or hostile wont be a big deal than loosing a helicopter.

F the pin point accuracy, just destroy everything that moves among the TTP and around it, they are all collaborators.
the Tribesmen who dont want anything to do with TTP have already left the area and don't live in the ridges and caves.

F the pin point accuracy, just destroy everything that moves among the TTP and around it, they are all collaborators.
the Tribesmen who dont want anything to do with TTP have already left the area and don't live in the ridges and caves.

Exactly what I feel, anyone who cared about Pakistan and has nothing to do with TTP, has already left the area long ago. Those who are still there are either part of TTP, or their collaborators, or are just plain stupid. We should bomb the sh!t out of them without caring about civilian casualties in those areas. We've already have given them enough warnings or time to leave those areas.

Hi,
Pls display your flags so that we can give you your most deserved welcome

Well this is your argument? All you can do is question my nationality. This is your level of thinking? :D:D:D

Wars cannot be fought by unprofessional militaries indulged in real estate.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom