What's new

Erdogan says Turkey troops pulled from NATO drill amid new tensions

I hope Turkey won't just back down after these apologies. This is a huge mistake that shall not be happen in NATO military drills. NATO has to show respect to honore Ataturk and his legacy as he deserves.

What do you want Turkey to do? she received her apologies from those involved...
THe one involved will be punished for it... and at the end of the day,they are allies of the same organisation...
Turkey should show his anger and she did it now it's done... They should continue their biz ... Story is over.

But if things like that happen a second time... then at this moment Things need to change.

I hope Turkey won't just back down after these apologies. This is a huge mistake that shall not be happen in NATO military drills. NATO has to show respect to honore Ataturk and his legacy as he deserves.
Even if they didn't attack/insult Ataturk (which they did) and it was only Erdogan, we must realize that an attack/insult against the democratically-elected President of Turkey is an attack/insult against the people of Turkey as a whole. These hypocrite Western scum deserve worse but Turkey did the right thing by pulling out of the Norway drill.

You said you don't see any sources other than Turkish ones, implying you don't trust the news outlets of your own country. I posted quite many reliable sources from around the world. Will you now be a man and take back your statement like you said you would?

Do carry on. :)
Im guessing you are blind,Ataturk was never mentioned anywhere,some individuals named Erdogan as enemy so it was not NATO,so why should i take it back.
Show me a reliable source where it says they mentioned Ataturk as enemy.

Well is it a kurdish origin or turkish origin NATO officer who made that fake account ? It's probably doesn't really matter, put him on the list as "person non grata" so he can never step foot on Turkish soil. The same applies to the technician who messed around with our founder.

Also stop the bickering about who and who didn't mention Ataturk as an enemy.

I don't think there will be any call for Turkey to "just back down" because Turkey is seen in the right here and its response strikes me as measured and appropriate. That's because the incidents were not "mistakes" but deliberate insults by an individual officer and military contractor.

A better question is whether the Norwegian response is sufficient? Not so much to Turkey - the apology has already been made - but enough to enforce discipline in the ranks.

What do you want Turkey to do? she received her apologies from those involved...
THe one involved will be punished for it...
That is the regular process that has to be done, without even showing our reaction.

Turkey should show his anger and that's is done.
Nope.

Atatürk is not just a "founder and first President of Turkey", he also was a Turkish General, who ruled entire army as chief of staff during Independence War, invented new military tactics to defeat superior armies.

Atatürk has special place in NATO as a "Commander", just like Napoleon etc. It is not just "disrespecting politicans". The deal is much more bigger than that.

I don't think there will be any call for Turkey to "just back down" because Turkey is seen in the right here and its response strikes me as measured and appropriate. That's because the incidents were not "mistakes" but deliberate insults by an individual officer and military contractor.

A better question is whether the Norwegian response is sufficient? Not so much to Turkey - the apology has already been made - but enough to enforce discipline in the ranks.

If Anders Breivik is any proof of how lax Norway is, then the norwegian person /civilian will probably get a fine for his actions and never allowed to be a contractor for NATO again.

Im guessing you are blind,Ataturk was never mentioned anywhere,some individuals named Erdogan as enemy so it was not NATO,so why should i take it back.
Show me a reliable source where it says they mentioned Ataturk as enemy.

There were 2 incidents in which Ataturk was shown as a enemy commander and there was also a dude who apparently made a fake account about Erdoğan or something.

A Kurdish subhuman showed Ataturk as enemy and another Norwegian officer with Turkish roots made the fake account about Erdoğan.

This was surely no mistake and we should act accordingly against n*to thugs.

There were 2 incidents in which Ataturk was shown as a enemy commander and there was also a dude who apparently made a fake account about Erdoğan or something.

A Kurdish subhuman showed Ataturk as enemy and another Norwegian officer with Turkish roots made the fake account about Erdoğan.

This was surely no mistake and we should act accordingly against n*to thugs.
What do you want them to do?

Even if they didn't attack/insult Ataturk (which they did) and it was only Erdogan, we must realize that an attack/insult against the democratically-elected President of Turkey is an attack/insult against the people of Turkey as a whole. These hypocrite Western scum deserve worse but Turkey did the right thing by pulling out of the Norway drill.
Agree whether one likes erdogan or not, this is an insult to Turkey.

Meanwhile this incident is a good thing for Erdogan... it gives him the possibility to defend Ataturk in public on an international matter... giving less credits to those critizing Erdogan's anti-Ataturk stance/legacy... and therefore winning some support among those thinking it...

So that Incident coverage could continue for a long time... in Turkey...

+1 for politics

Last edited:
Sure, why not! :)

NATO is done. It's a joke. A useless ghost of its former self. Russia figures once the US is completely out of the picture, beating the newly-forming "EU Army" will be a cakewalk.

LOL! How? Russia is no Soviet Union. And France and UK have nukes. And the US will never abandon Europe if its under threat, NATO or no NATO.

NATO has become a clown show under unstable/unreliable/hostile US leadership. Islamic nations need to form their own version of "NATO" like the Europeans are doing with their new "EU Army".

This will never happen because everybody want to be the leader, and no one wants to be a follower. Muslim countries are too busy going after each other to create anything viable like a Muslim NATO.

"EU Army" was also a wet dream for much of the history but it's being formed as we speak.

As for Russia, it is stronger than the Soviet Union. The USSR was never able to influence US elections and get their candidate elected.

Back
Top Bottom