What's new

F-INSAS update?

its specs
200-300 m of range
weight 2.98 kg
30 rounds
some more features
Pistol grip, which allows single-hand firing capability.
Magazine feeding through pistol grip (à la Uzi).
Retractable butt for better stability while firing.
Ambidextrous cocking.
Fire selector to suit left and right hand firers.
Three-point sling for better carrying and maneuverability.

I don't understand what s the problem with Indian defence journos!!! Mr. Ajai Shukla went to ARDE the primary lab for F-INSAS development and took pics of INSAS, MSMC etc and wrote some articles but didn't bother to query about F-INSAS!! I first notice the background of MSMC to get a pic of F-INSAS programme luckily!!!

F-INSAS staffs most probably??! Look at the thing on the helmet of the old man its might be the thermal imager, video camera, targeting display.... i think they are developing different systems as well as same system of muleiple types!!

IMG_0972.jpg

photo: bala, BR

There's nothing new in that picture apart from the IR camera (I think). What I'm really looking for is some more information on the new rifle!

There's nothing new in that picture apart from the IR camera (I think). What I'm really looking for is some more information on the new rifle!

Thats the main thing we pretty much have no clue about.:cry:

And thats the thing everyone wants to see!!

Apart from this old video there is no new info about the rifles, you have seen this one many times. people went to Aero India and there were staffs like F-INSAS but no one made any query about that other than taking pics of some same old staffs!!! :hitwall: thanks to bala of BR, he took this pic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ADvl2WJb8g

BTW I can see some antenna and some other staffs on the right statute that being already posted on first post of the thread. I think the helmet also houses chemical and biological sensors.

Hey guys new article today..

Soon, Indian soldiers may don sci-fi gear

NEW DELHI: Indian soldiers armed with hand-held computers or wrist-band display units, "smart" vests packed with sensors, integrated ballistic helmets with "heads-up display", miniature radio and GPS systems and, of course, deadly firepower with laser-guided modular weapon systems. Seems straight out of a sci-fi film? It may, at this point in time.

But, away from the razzmatazz of acquiring fighter jets, submarines and missiles, India is also now finally looking to equip its humble foot-soldiers with advanced weaponry and gadgets for the conflicts of future.

The defence ministry has now floated a global RFI (request for information) for procuring " integrated computer and communication systems (ICCS)" for infantry soldiers, who constitute well over one-third of the 1.13-million strong Army.

This is in keeping with the eventual aim to gradually transform soldiers into high-tech, networked, self-contained killing machines under the Army's overall F-INSAS (future infantry soldier as a system) plan, cost of which will run into thousands of crores.

Though the plan was to implement F-INSAS across all the 359 infantry battalions by 2020, it has suffered from some delays. "But it's on the right track. First, we will carry out systems development and integration, followed by user-trials by two infantry brigades. Finally, the F-INSAS project will be fielded for the entire infantry," said a senior officer.

Army chief General V K Singh himself has identified "transformation into an agile, lethal and networked force, which is capability-based to meet the future challenges", as one of his top-priority areas.

Under the ICCS, infantry battalions will be equipped with "soldier-wearable" computers, radios and GPS, backed by central power pack modules and battle-load carrier vests.

The computer module, for instance, will include data terminals for senior commanders, portable planning boards for commanders and wrist displays for soldiers. This will ensure soldiers are able to receive, store and transmit complex voice, data and video signals for advanced "situational awareness".

"ICCS must have the ability to accept and present real-time information provided by C4I (command, control, communication, computer and intelligence) tools," says the RFI.

"Soldiers should have the ability to exchange pertinent information up and laterally across the chain of command under all environmental and climatic conditions," it adds.

All these taken together will bolster the soldier's "lethality, survivability, sustainability, mobility and situational awareness" in the digitised battlefield. There are even plans to also equip each infantry section of 10-12 soldiers with a "robotic mule", which apart from helping them carry additional load will also be mounted with remotely-activated weapon systems for concentrated firepower.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Soon-Indian-soldiers-may-don-sci-fi-gear/articleshow/7536643.cms

F-INSAS staffs most probably??! Look at the thing on the helmet of the old man its might be the thermal imager, video camera, targeting display.... i think they are developing different systems as well as same system of muleiple types!!

IMG_0972.jpg

You should have also mentioned its developed by Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).

IMG_0972.jpg

is this guy an indian soldier!looks more like a babu to me!

Back
Top Bottom