What's new

F-INSAS update?

@ Abingdonboy

I am tired of reading these articles..Dude,go and get a video or a pic of F-INSAS like you got the Marcos video out of nowhere. :lol:

HAHA, If only mate, if only!! One day!

+ personally I quite like reading articles and the like but yes, it only goes so far and I actually want to see proof and the fruit of this project. Like they say- a picture is worth 1000 words!

HAHA, If only mate, if only!! One day!

+ personally I quite like reading articles and the like but yes, it only goes so far and I actually want to see proof and the fruit of this project. Like they say- a picture is worth 1000 words!

I was reading this last night only.

Actually there is going to be a seminar on this in New Delhi in the first half of September.I plan to be there if i am not busy.

I was reading this last night only.

Actually there is going to be a seminar on this in New Delhi in the first half of September.I plan to be there if i am not busy.

That's cool man, be sure to get as much info on the status and nature of the project if you do end up going and be sure to share with us guys here on PDF who don't have the opportunity to go to such awesome events!

That's cool man, be sure to get as much info on the status and nature of the project if you do end up going and be sure to share with us guys here on PDF who don't have the opportunity to go to such awesome events!

Sure man!..I will share whatever i gather if i get them time.

Just saw this pic of IA with personal computers in the field. Could this e the very early stages of F-INSAS roll-out?

PBDoU.jpg

Just saw this pic of IA with personal computers in the field. Could this e the very early stages of F-INSAS roll-out?

PBDoU.jpg

It's a GPS + Sat phone . I have seen it with Maharashtra Police serving in naxalised area

Oh for the love of god change the helmets.:hitwall:

Coming soon. May be American if DRDO labs fail to give it before Feb,2013. Which I think they will.

I found this article. A tad old, but still. Not sure if anyone has seen it yet.

Indian Army’s modernization drive gathers steam - Times Of India

NEW DELHI: The Army's futuristic program to transform its infantry soldiers into high-tech, self-contained killing machines is gathering some steam, after a long delay, under the F-INSAS (future infantry soldier as a system) project.

Having issued global tenders for new assault rifles, "close-quarter battle'' (CQB) carbines and light-weight ballistic helmets with internal communication gear, the defence ministry is preparing similar RFPs (request for proposals) for light-machine guns, modular bullet-proof jackets, holographic reflex weapon sights, soldier-wearable computers, communication and surveillance equipment.

The first phase of F-INSAS itself will cost upwards of Rs 25,000 crore, with the 1.13- million strong Indian Army having 359 infantry battalions, each with 800-1,000 soldiers.

The programme, which will be implemented in phases, is spread over the 12th, 13th and 14th five-year plans (2012-27), say sources.

Somewhat similar to US Army's "land warrior" and "objective force warrior" programmes, F-INSAS is aimed at converting foot-soldiers into fully-networked, all-terrain weapon platforms by enhancing their "lethality, survivability, mobility, sustainability and situational awareness".

F-INSAS is divided into five sub-systems - modular weapons; body armour and individual equipment; weapon sights and hand-held target acquisition devices; communication equipment to make soldiers capable of transmitting and receiving complex voice, data and video systems; and portable computers in the shape of "wrist displays" for soldiers and "planning boards" for commanders.

Take the weapon systems, which include CQB carbines, assault rifles and light machine guns equipped with third-generation night-vision devices, laser designators, detachable under-barrel grenade launchers and the like.

The Army is examining the bids submitted by armament majors to acquire around 44,000 CQB carbines off-the-shelf for over Rs 4,500 crore. This will be followed by the indigenous manufacture of a large number of similar modular carbines by the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) under transfer of technology.

Then, the global tender for direct acquisition of around 66,000 advanced assault rifles was floated in November, which will be followed by licensed manufacture to equip the armed forces as well as the 8-lakh Central paramilitary forces.

This mega project for new assault rifles, with interchangeable 5.56mm and 7.62mm barrels and holographic reflex sights to replace the 5.56mm INSAS rifles being used, could alone run over Rs 20,000 crore.

"Soldiers will use the 7.62 x 39mm barrels for counter-insurgency operations since they are more effective for that role. But if deployed for conventional warfare, then they will use the 5.56 x 45mm barrels," said a source.

The Army is shopping for tripod-mounted 12.7mm heavy machine guns (HMGs), which can fire high-explosive, incendiary and armour-piercing rounds at a rapid clip, to further boost the high-volume firepower of its infantry battalions.

I found these pics on internet. Please tell me if they are f-insas rifle.

142072191.jpg

TMw9MM_KIT.jpg

I found these pics on internet. Please tell me if they are f-insas rifle.

142072191.jpg

TMw9MM_KIT.jpg

Doubtful this has anything to do with the F-INSAS. Second pic of the X-95/MTAR is pretty cool, this is the "Zittara"- you can see the 5.56mm to 9mm conversion kit.

Coming soon. May be American if DRDO labs fail to give it before Feb,2013. Which I think they will.

wat ? wats the use of drdo if they cant even make a good helmet for our soleirs??

wat ? wats the use of drdo if they cant even make a good helmet for our soleirs??

What kinda question is that ???
We need DRDO we just want to work them to the potential and for the best of country and NOT for their egos.

Last I know about the helmet - DRDO did make one but it didn't pass all criterias put by IA.
@Abingdonboy could tell you more

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubtful this has anything to do with the F-INSAS. Second pic of the X-95/MTAR is pretty cool, this is the "Zittara"- you can see the 5.56mm to 9mm conversion kit.

Zittara had the option to switch between thre calibers namely 5.56mm NATO, 9mm Parabellum and 5.56x30mm MINSAS. A X-95-MTAR-21 can switch between two calibers which are the 5.56mm NATO and 9mm Parabellum. There are hardly any actual OFB made X-95s/Zittaras in existance. All the X-95s in service with the BSF, CRPF and Paramilitary Agencies are from IWI.

Back
Top Bottom