What's new

FIRST EVER VIDEO/PHOTOS : K-15 SLBM Test Fired !!!!

a 1960s style under water missile.

nothing to be excited. looks like a postgraduate project.

please show me a intercontinental-range submarine-launched ballistic missile, then we talk.

may be this is underwater pontoon
missilesonsubmarines9.gif

That is a missile canister that goes into the sub's silo.

Congrats!

We did this in 1982 :D

Now comes the hard part of deploying it in an indigenous SSBN with 100% indian components.
Test firing a missile is all well and good but deploying it in an SSBN will take years. To make sure it works 100% test after test with no failures will take atleast another 10 years.
So by 2025-2030 we will see india have fully operational SSBN armed with SLBM.

Long road ahead, but this is a small step.

Btw our next generation SSBN type 096 is under development and the JL-3 SLBM (based on DF-41) is also under development.

Thanks for your comments .

But next time please don't post something that is not related to the topic because we are not interested . Also trolls from your country will jump in and destroy the thread.

No that is not a Semi-Submersible Ship and those depths of approx 70-100 m cannot be possible. The Pontoon has ballast tanks which are flooded and it is lowered to the required depth (on the sea-bed most likely), anchored with muti-moorings; then the firing took place.

Thanks sir. This information really helped.

Always wondered how are they keeping the pontoon steady at such depths.

a 1960s style under water missile.

60's style or 1000 BC style or Gangnam style, call whatever u wanna call, it will still do the job of vaporizing enemy's a$$ with 1 Tonne Nuclear warhead. ;)

nothing to be excited. looks like a postgraduate project.

Hmm,

That's why only 5 Countries (+1 => India Now) poses this technology on this planet.

please show me a intercontinental-range submarine-launched ballistic missile, then we talk.

images

Congrats. Now this is one true capability.

I hope our guys are watching this and make something similar.

60's style or 1000 BC style or Gangnam style, call whatever u wanna call, it will still do the job of vaporizing enemy's a$$ with 1 Tonne Nuclear warhead. ;)

Hmm,

That's why only 5 Countries (+1 => India Now) poses this technology on this planet.

Only 4+1. UK does not possess this technology, they are "borrowing" it from the US.

US/Russia/China/France/India.

I am really pissed actually. Our strategic planners who only react to situations, rather than learning how to plan, must me scratching their heads right now! :angry:

And for other Pakistani forum members who don't understand the complexity and gravity of what just happened, this is huge and not that easy to copy or steal. No nation on earth will transfer such technology. Yes, not even China.

Now that is some serious firepower under the command of Indian Strategic Planners, i don't think Beijing or heck most of South East Asia will be happy about this. Congratulations to Indian Forum Members on PDF.

I am really pissed actually. Our strategic planners who only react to situations, rather than learning how to plan, must me scratching their heads right now! :angry:

And for other Pakistani forum members who don't understand the complexity and gravity of what just happened, this is huge and not that easy to copy or steal. No nation on earth will transfer such technology. Yes, not even China.

I dont understand, what is the big deal over this now?
Wasnt it obvious when India launched a SSBN that it would be armed with SLBM's? That the technology for it would be in its end of developmental stage ready to be installed in Arihant?

Whats the fuss now?

I don't think anyone was expecting such fast progress (on the missiles). Arihant without teeth was never a threat, K series adds the bite.

I dont understand, what is the big deal over this now?
Wasnt it obvious when India launched a SSBN that it would be armed with SLBM's? That the technology for it would be in its end of developmental stage ready to be installed in Arihant?

Whats the fuss now?

They are busy discussing about Shahrukh Khan. :hitwall:

BTW I am happy that no fuss is created anywhere about this test.

Congrats!

We did this in 1982 :D

Now comes the hard part of deploying it in an indigenous SSBN with 100% indian components.
Test firing a missile is all well and good but deploying it in an SSBN will take years. To make sure it works 100% test after test with no failures will take atleast another 10 years.
So by 2025-2030 we will see india have fully operational SSBN armed with SLBM.

Long road ahead, but this is a small step.

Btw our next generation SSBN type 096 is under development and the JL-3 SLBM (based on DF-41) is also under development.

Thankyou for the congratulations.

Just one correction. This is not the first time this missile was launched from under water.
This is the 11th successful under water launch of the missile and 14th successful test overall. The only unique thing this time is that they have made the video public and announced that the tests are over. Those 11 testing probably were tests at various depths and climate. So as of now all testing is completed now.

Now the next step is operationalizing the missile which will happen most likely within the year and not 2025-2030. Since INS Arihant which is Indias Indeginous SSBN will be comissioned in around a years time and it has to fire this missile before it is inducted into the Navy.

By the way when did China launch its first under water missile from a submarine?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom