What's new

For Indian war planners, is the PAF their worst fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Thread Starter.

PAF is a world class highly trained Air force that is respected in the world and much feared by IAF war planners

" IF THE WAR WAS TO BE FOUGHT IN 1980 " wen F16 A/B was a brand new war plane and the ROSE MIRAGES where only 10 years old.

And yes we all know about the 250 JF17 & 100 J10 & 200 jxxx etc etc etc.

BUT LETS GET THE IMF loan of $12 billion sorted out first to help stabilze PAKS crumbling economy before we go shopping

Pakistan's economy is in good hands, and even without any IMF assistance, will meet all its international debt obligations. The price of crude oil has fallen, giving Pakistan major leeway in its balance of payments. Remittances and exports have also been rising, so Pakistan seems to be out of the worst patch.

I suggest you do not try to provoke Pakistani members by ill thought, uninformed, and baseless remarks.

PAF is a world class highly trained Air force that is respected in the world and much feared by IAF war planners

" IF THE WAR WAS TO BE FOUGHT IN 1980 " wen F16 A/B was a brand new war plane and the ROSE MIRAGES where only 10 years old.

Thank you very much.

And oh yes we have heard about that LCA too. How long it's been in development and how many countries are assisting? lol

And by the way why India must sign that MMRCA contract when it already is procuring Su30MKI from Russia? Why a new plane altogether? Can you please say what does Mig-35 or Rafale or Gripen got that Su30MKI don't?

Best Air forces in the world have a good mix of Heavy meduim & light fighters.

SU30 MKI = Heavy long range air dominance.. massive range enourmous weapons load great Radar and tracking and datalinking.

But very expensive to fly and maintain.

MMRCA = Advanced MRCA of meduim weight for sttrike missions with geat electronics and jamming capability and low RCS like Rafael etc.

LMRCA = light cheap mrca very cost effective for aera defense and CAS..

200 OF EACH WILL DO THE JOB NICELY.

NICE MIX I THINK

OF RUSSIAN. WRSTERN & INDIAN TECH

So, according to this statement of yours, only Pakistani pilots know how to fly the plane and how to fight with that..?????:rofl::crazy:

This is a statement by Gen Horner of the USAF in his book. Not one of Pakistani pilots. The point he was making is that PAF is well trained.

BUT LETS GET THE IMF loan of $12 billion sorted out first to help stabilze PAKS crumbling economy before we go shopping

Take some time off to do proper research about PAF and its assets because I've had enough of reading your bs!
Good luck! :wave:

I would like to clarify a few things here though I know it won't be liked by most readers:

1)PAF/PAF pilots are regarded as a very potent threat by IAF/IAF pilots. No question about that.

2)I'm not sure who the term 'Indian War Planners' refers to. If it is meant to refer to the IAF/Military top brass then I've given the answer in point 1 above. But if the term 'Indian War Planners' is meant to refer to the Indian politicians,civil servants, intelligence agencies then nothing can be farther from the truth to say that they are 'afraid' of the PAF. As the comments of my fellow indians on this forum would have shown by now, apart from the Indian Military & dedicated analysts, the rest of India doesn't know much about the Pakistani Military and even look down upon it.

So to suggest that Indian policy makers are fearful of military action against Pakistan solely because of the PAF is a bit far-fetched. I think Mr. Pranab Mukerjee's rabid rantings about 'surgical strikes' is clear proof of what the Indian War Planners think of Pakistan's military capabilities. Besides, by saying so you are insulting the other 2 branches of your armed forces by implying that for Indian War Planners only PAF is a problem and not the PA or PN!

3)Finally, I think past history (1962, Kargil) shows that regardless of whether our armed forces have been ready or not and regardless of whether the enemy has overwhelmed us or not, our 'war planners' have had no second thoughts about sending our armed forces to the battlefield to their deaths because that it is what armed forces are meant for! I'm sure the same holds true for Pakistan's military also.

Last edited:
Pakistan has one of the best, most combat ready airforces in the world. They have to; their neighbour to the east is huge, and the two nations, have a long history of hostilities. Pakistani pilots are respected throughout the world beause they know how to fly and fight.

Do you agree that for Indian war planners, the Pakistan air Force is their worst fear?

dont you people get tired of praising yourselves?

PAF aint mighty super but 'cuz of good training and professionalism its a force to reckon.

currently this do not seems to be the case!! the indain are far ahead not only neumerically but also on base of technology,

although MAn Behind The Machine matters but it is not the ONLY think that matters, a well trained and motivated perso flying F7 may prove no good match for an Su30 or the MRCA planes having normal pilots!!

fellows this hurts, i know but sadly this s what seems to be true, i am not a Pessimist but i cannot neither be so much optimist to compare the JF17 with the Su30 or the MRCA deal project.

sorry to say but i do not see any answer to the indian Suz or the MRCA planes!!!

for me the field we can be and are a good match for the INdainz is the Army!!

our army is good enough for them, it is among the best for sure!!

the men are well trained, the us are considered the best in the market, our tanks are as good as it can get, the missile technology is much better than the indians,
if we can look after the Aviation wing and the SAMz sector we will be good for anyone!!

may Allah help us!

currently this do not seems to be the case!! the indain are far ahead not only neumerically but also on base of technology,

although MAn Behind The Machine matters but it is not the ONLY think that matters, a well trained and motivated perso flying F7 may prove no good match for an Su30 or the MRCA planes having normal pilots!!

fellows this hurts, i know but sadly this s what seems to be true, i am not a Pessimist but i cannot neither be so much optimist to compare the JF17 with the Su30 or the MRCA deal project.

sorry to say but i do not see any answer to the indian Suz or the MRCA planes!!!

C'mon dude!
why are you keep forgetting F16MLU and FC20?? the first tranche of JF17 will be an ADF, Not for deep strike role!. F7s and ROSE mirages will be used for ground support where as F16s/FC20 will be used for deep strike. also, JF17 may play an excellent role as an Interceptor when backed by AWACs.

C'mon dude!
why are you keep forgetting F16MLU and FC20?? the first tranche of JF17 will be an ADF, Not for deep strike role!. F7s and ROSE mirages will be used for ground support where as F16s/FC20 will be used for deep strike. also, JF17 may play an excellent role as an Interceptor when backed by AWACs.

when are the mlus and blk-50s coming it was rumored to be canceled is it true

when are the mlus and blk-50s coming it was rumored to be canceled is it true

if PAF again suffers embargo then it will adversely effect WoT because F16 is the only valuable lollipop we are getting from Uncle Sam.
right now, The MLU Project is right on track. currently we have total of 46 F16A/B Out of which 2 of them are in USA and 2 in Turkey for upgrade. block 52 will be coming from the mid of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom