What's new

Grandmother of all defense deals- FGFA on their way

Leave aside FGFA, ask those dozen dozen countries which invested Billions in F35 Programme which has been perhaps the biggest frustration in history...

FGFA is futuristic and fulfills all our needs, we joined at a stage when the capabilities were quite clear and even having the option of F35 we are strongle commited and will get not only the planes but the Technology as well..

May be I m wrong...
But its a question Y IAF descided abt 250 Ac's so early.....even the AC is not fully developed n tested.

I feel that that Russsia is losing MRCA deal thats y to keep them satisfy n happy this would be the step taken
You have got one part of it, which is right the numbers are to satisfy a frieends needs also at the same times it caters to our goal as to how many, we want to buy.

Eventually 250 could be 300, and if a naval version is developed, which will be, then add another 50 to 100. the numbers are big as the investment is also big, the returns are big. Its a big deal.

So no problem

dude no dis respect but is jf 17 battle proven no but still PAF is investing in it because after a series of test and modifications you guys will get a good fighter and fill the gap in your air force same as india .
JF is only proven in air to surface missions ...laterly Air to Surface attacks in WAT
There is no way we can get F22 second if we consider F 35 no were in near future we will get it because it got a long list of countries waiting for it. the only option we got is PAKFA and we will stream line it into one of the best 5th generation fighter because it got no rivals yet in this region so PAKFA is the best buy

Agreed in ur 2nd para :cheers:

So I see strong IAF with following inventory...

~300 MKI
~120 Mig 29 (All versions)
~126 MRCA
~250 FGFA

Its a unique fleet, combination of Russian n westen techs.
_________
Not considering home made LCA or MCA ....they cant match those big eagles

So I see strong IAF with following inventory...

~300 MKI
~120 Mig 29 (All versions)
~126 MRCA
~250 FGFA

Its a unique fleet, combination of Russian n westen techs.
_________
Not considering home made LCA or MCA ....they cant match those big eagles
It is because they were not supposed to match the big eagles:).

Russia may ink deal with India on FGFA design in Dec​

9935459154cc9088adabf9.jpg

MOSCOW (BNS): Russia is mulling to sign an agreement with India on the preliminary design of the joint fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) during President Dmitry Medvedev’s New Delhi visit in December.

“An agreement with India on the pre-design of the PAK FA will be signed in December,” Alexei Fyodorov, head of Russia's United Aircraft Corporation, was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti.

India is partnering with Russia for the joint development of the new stealth fighter aircraft, designated PAK FA.

The two countries had inked an intergovernmental agreement in 2007 under which the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was identified as the nodal agency in the project. Earlier in 2010, Russian aircraft manufacturer Sukhoi and HAL formally agreed to jointly develop the fighter aircraft.

The two sides have agreed to produce both single-seat and double-seat variants of the warplane.

The Indian Air Force (IAF) intends to acquire 50 single-seat and 200 two-seat fighters beginning from 2016.

The new aircraft for India is likely to be based on Russia’s T-50 prototype fifth-generation fighter which is already under development and undergoing flight trials.

Designed to fly at supersonic speed, the new fifth-gen fighter aircraft will compete with US’s F-22 Raptor fighters.

The Russian Air Force plans to induct the new fighters by 2015.

Russia may ink deal with India on FGFA design in Dec :: Brahmand.com

As said by Imran Khan,
The grand mother has a grand mother :lol:
Saudi Arabia!

Btw, Congratz on ur sucess!

As said by Imran Khan,
Saudi Arabia!

I feel sad to see people so naively prasing the USA-KSA relations. Do you think the Americans geniuinely like the kingdom and it's poeple?? Americans go around the world using any means necessary to spread democracy , remove autocratic regimes and remove the influence of Islamic fundamentalists. Yet they completely ignore the fact that the Saudis are ruled by a royal family under strcit islamic priciples.

Just wait till the saudi oil supplies become significantly depleted or a cost effective alternate fuel source is discovered. American senetors will suddenly start seeing human rights abuse everyhere in KSA and the US will form a "freedom coalition" to "liberate" the saudis and give them democray and women's rights.

In my humble opinion, the saudi's should invest all their efforts and wealth into making the saudi economy as less reliant on oil as possible. It's citizens should be forced to get the best education and set-up as much industyr in the country as they can, instead of collecting golden cars and luxury yatches. If this is done now, by the time the oil runs out, the Saudis will be such a intergral part of the global economy and will have international respect and standing that the US will not be able to isolate them . The saudis have the money to make this possible, all they need is the will to sacrifice some of their luxuries and start working hard.

If you think the billions of dollars of arms will grant you security, think again. The US chose to arm and disarm the mujaheddin, Iraq and even IRAN according to it's own interests. The only way these weapons are likely to see action is if the US permits it , and that too probably against a Muslim nation that the US doesn't like. Most probably, they will just lie around and end up being destroyed by US bombs when the "war for Saudi freedom" starts anyway.

Don't you people get it, America will never allow any country except Israel to dominate the middle east. The growth of Islam and Sharia is the last thing the Americans will tolerate. I really hope the GCC nations will grow some brains soon and realize the US agenda or after a 100 years they will be herding camels in the deserts like they were a century ago.

I feel sad to see people so naively prasing the USA-KSA relations. Do you think the Americans geniuinely like the kingdom and it's poeple?? Americans go around the world using any means necessary to spread democracy , remove autocratic regimes and remove the influence of Islamic fundamentalists. Yet they completely ignore the fact that the Saudis are ruled by a royal family under strcit islamic priciples.

Just wait till the saudi oil supplies become significantly depleted or a cost effective alternate fuel source is discovered. American senetors will suddenly start seeing human rights abuse everyhere in KSA and the US will form a "freedom coalition" to "liberate" the saudis and give them democray and women's rights.

In my humble opinion, the saudi's should invest all their efforts and wealth into making the saudi economy as less reliant on oil as possible. It's citizens should be forced to get the best education and set-up as much industyr in the country as they can, instead of collecting golden cars and luxury yatches. If this is done now, by the time the oil runs out, the Saudis will be such a intergral part of the global economy and will have international respect and standing that the US will not be able to isolate them . The saudis have the money to make this possible, all they need is the will to sacrifice some of their luxuries and start working hard.

If you think the billions of dollars of arms will grant you security, think again. The US chose to arm and disarm the mujaheddin, Iraq and even IRAN according to it's own interests. The only way these weapons are likely to see action is if the US permits it , and that too probably against a Muslim nation that the US doesn't like. Most probably, they will just lie around and end up being destroyed by US bombs when the "war for Saudi freedom" starts anyway.

Don't you people get it, America will never allow any country except Israel to dominate the middle east. The growth of Islam and Sharia is the last thing the Americans will tolerate. I really hope the GCC nations will grow some brains soon and realize the US agenda or after a 100 years they will be herding camels in the deserts like they were a century ago.

I did not talk about friendship.
They were to sell arms and it means business!
and yeah we know that what they do mean.

I did not talk about friendship.
They were to sell arms and it means business!
and yeah we know that what they do mean.

I don't think you know what you are talking about then.

India spends billions on arms to protect itself from aggressive neighbors and can (and most probably will) use them as it pleases. Saudi on the other hand wastes it's non-renewable wealth on purchasing American equipment that it will doesn't need anytime soon and will probably only get to use them for America's wars. The hard fact is that the Americans will protect Saudis at all costs from any enemies now because they depend on their oil. Their money can be put to much better use like i pointed out.

"It means business" when you use money to make more money or invest in something you need, throwing away money is not "business" , it is just plain silly.

Stop comparing Indian and Saudi defense purchases. We are spending our money wisely and we know exactly what we are doing. The Saudis on the other hand are like a bunch of rich kids buying fur coats and oxygen cylinders, just before a long trip to Hawaii simply because their neighbor who went to the Himalayas did that too .

As said by Imran Khan,
Saudi Arabia!

no it isnt because the deal of FGFA is only about the aircraft but the saudi deal constitutes aircrafts tanks heli missile and many more ...
if you consider the money spending on tanks heli MMRCA FFGA and all other it will far more than the saudi deal

So what do you mean to say.. You will get F-35 and F-22 from saudi during war?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... First of all US will never allow that. even if you get it wont be a big deal because we already getting F-35 buster ... and F-22 can be taken by PAK-FA because your pilots wont have that much capability or training as we will have on PAK -FA .. so dream proud boy

From where did Pakistan enter the discussion?
Why are you people always behind us?
This is a talk about Indian and SAudi defence systems!
Not ours!
and if you want to know, we have got Shaheens and Baburs.
You may know what i mean to say :coffee:

So what do you mean to say.. You will get F-35 and F-22 from saudi during war?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... First of all US will never allow that. even if you get it wont be a big deal because we already getting F-35 buster ... and F-22 can be taken by PAK-FA because your pilots wont have that much capability or training as we will have on PAK -FA .. so dream proud boy

What... are... you... talking.. about... ? :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom