What's new

Grave of India-Pakistan war hero Brig Usman 'vandalised' in New Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the fact that he is a war hero.

A large number of Muslims feel it goes against their faith to create mausoleums.

A lot of desecration of such happens by these kind of Muslims around the world.

I've attended burials in the graveyards of this group of Muslims. Did you know that they roll over graves, as in they will dig up the same land where someone else was buried, oftentimes unearthing large human bones, which they will throw back into the soil when it is used to cover the fresh corpse.

Regardless, I'm not really bothered about their religious rules and niceties.

The army should take over the grave asap.

Cheers, Doc
Where do the bones in the Tower of Silence go. After the birds have picked them clean?

Where do the bones in the Tower of Silence go. After the birds have picked them clean?

They fall into a central ossuary.

Where over time they become chalk and merge back into the soil.

Google.

Cheers, Doc

They fall into a central ossuary.
Where over time they become chalk and merge back into the soil.
I saw a great documentary about how the birds had left the Tower of Silence because of a reduced number of bodies available ( based on the shrinking population).
The birds were lured back by placing buffalo carcasses for them to feed on. Are the birds permanently there now ?

On a different note:
You share this practice with the Buddhist Tibetans, except that they don't have such an organized system. The dead are left in the open and the bones have to be manually disposed off.

Last edited:
Interesting resource on status religions today.
Interesting point:
- As a percentage there are more Hindus in Dubai than in Bangladesh
- There are more Atheists in the world than Hindus.
- There are only two Hindu majority countries in the world, with 90% (?) of the world's population packed into one geographical area.
- Islam and Christianity together comprise the majority of believers in the world 👍

The more spread out a population is, the more it grows.

Hindus were more in population than Muslims in 1900. But Hindus were restricted to the subcontinent. Muslims were spread out. And so they caught up and now outnumber them by 900 million. There's only so much a population in one specific area can grow before resource depletion and environmental constraints catch up to them.

For example, Bangladesh was bound to lose the population game with Pakistan despite having a larger population in 1947 because their population just not have enough space or resources to expand to compared to Pakistan.

Likewise India's Muslim population will overtake Pakistan and Indonesia's Muslim population because IMs are more spread out. Population growth projections already predict that.

Africa is projected to have a population boom. And the majority of them will be Muslim. Nigeria's 2050 population is estimated to be around 400 million.

I can sympathize with you and understand your yearning for Fars. Despite being Muhajir, it's nonetheless heartening to see some sembleance of my ancestral Muslim heritage of the Ganga Jamuna Doab surviving on in UP. I wish your community well.
oh you are one of us ?

The more spread out a population is, the more it grows.

Hindus were more in population than Muslims in 1900. But Hindus were restricted to the subcontinent. Muslims were spread out. And so they caught up and now outnumber them by 900 million. There's only so much a population in one specific area can grow before resource depletion and environmental constraints catch up to them.

For example, Bangladesh was bound to lose the population game with Pakistan despite having a larger population in 1947 because their population just not have enough space or resources to expand to compared to Pakistan.

Likewise India's Muslim population will overtake Pakistan and Indonesia's Muslim population because IMs are more spread out. Population growth projections already predict that.

Africa is projected to have a population boom. And the majority of them will be Muslim. Nigeria's 2050 population is estimated to be around 400 million.
Excellent points.
Hypothetically if there was a Bangladeshi movement today then in pure elected National Assembly seats East Pakistan would have lost.

Which raises the question of the "pressure cooker" effect in India.
The northern BIMARU states are the chief contributors to India's population boom with far less population growth in the North East and South.
Would Indians need more living space? In the Hindutva forums ( in case anyone has noticed ) they are talking just that. When Iran kicked India out of Chahbahar there was Twitter talk of India invading and occupying Iran based on the fact that Iran's population was 83 million, as compared to the 204?million strong population of India's single province of Uttar Pradesh.
oh you are one of us ?
No he is not. Motabhai would call him a "termite"

Would Indians need more living space? In the Hindutva forums ( in case anyone has noticed ) they are talking just that. When Iran kicked India out of Chahbahar there was Twitter talk of India invading and occupying Iran based on the fact that Iran's population was 83 million, as compared to the 204?million strong population of India's single province of Uttar Pradesh.
You vastly over estimate Hindutva incels. They are simply "moo ki fire." Itna dum hota tou 1947 mein partition rok lete. When we Muslims were even less of the total population than today. They don't dare venture into Northeast or Kashmir out of fear of attacks even now. Only masturbate about revocation of 370 on their forums

Interesting trivia- the four Dravidian states had a combined population of 90 million at partition. Now they number at 260 million.

UP had a population of 60 million at partition and now numbers at 230 million.

And most interestingly, West Pakistan had a population of 35 million at partition and now numbers 220 million.

Population growth and demographics are a very interesting thing to map out.

I saw a great documentary about how the birds had left the Tower of Silence because of a reduced number of bodies available ( based on the shrinking population).
The birds were lured back by placing buffalo carcasses for them to feed on. Are the birds permanently there now ?

On a different note:
You share this practice with the Buddhist Tibetans, except that they don't have such an organized system. The dead are left in the open and the bones have to be manually disposed off.

Maybe the documentary was from Pakistan.

Anything is possible there.

Here the issue was that the Great Himalayan Vulture (Gidd) was dying off due to diclofenac use in cattle.

They have since made a comeback and all is well.

Cheers, Doc

Maybe the documentary was from Pakistan. Anything is possible there.
Here the issue was that the Great Himalayan Vulture (Gidd) was dying off due to diclofenac use in cattle.

They have since made a comeback and all is well.

Cheers, Doc

This is the documentary I was referring to. Please comment.
Cheers 🥂

I cant see crap in what you've posted.

If you have to make a point be legible at least.

Cheers, Doc

Because their father chose to become Hindu.

Also it's not very common for Parsi father only union kids to have their Navjote.

The fact that the mother is not allowed to enter the fire temple or even touch them after they've had the ritual bath (Nahan navharvanu) and the sanctified Taro (varasyu bull urine) tends to put a spoke in the works.

Cheers, Doc
Ok mY bad. The graph displays poorly.

The orange bits are iranian DNA. The pink bits are andamanese type AASI origin. Most modern "Indians" have a significant majority of IVC DNA (according to recent Rakhigiri findings) , which in turn is up to 90% Iranian.

Ok mY bad. The graph displays poorly.

The orange bits are iranian DNA. The pink bits are andamanese type AASI origin. Most modern "Indians" have a significant majority of IVC DNA (according to recent Rakhigiri findings) , which in turn is up to 90% Iranian.

Super.

I'll close my eyes and imagine I'm Cyrus then.

Cheers, Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom